“👎Disappointing”
Review of 1540 Room

1540 Room
Reserve with OpenTable
1540 Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #194 of 914 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$10 - US$60
Description: A culinary style influenced by the people and things that surround this great city, family traditions and local farmers. We believe food brings happiness to others and cooking certainly brings joy to all of us. We hope you enjoy our menu, that showcases the chef's background in Italian cuisine with influences from Latin America, using only fresh ingredients sourced from southern farmers.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had been to this restaurant when it first opened after renovations and a new chef installed, but was not that impressed with the offerings. Last week was a second visit with a new chef at the helm and a refined menu. Having enjoyed a starter dish of grilled octopus that was still on the menu, I was advised by our waitress that this dish was even better under the new chef. Unfortunately that was not the case, as the octopus was overly grilled and dry although the flavors carried through. My dinner companion enjoyed the short rib entree but was not overly impressed. Our shared dessert was light and refreshing. With its limited menu and noisy dining room, I doubt if we will return any time soon.

1540GM, General Manager at 1540 Room, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi yankeedoodles,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I can't help but notice that this was your third time dining at a restaurant run by Chef Kyle Jacovino. The first time being at The Florence, and the others here, at the 1540 Room. It seems that every time, the style of cuisine, a preparation of a dish, or the layout of the menu has failed to impress you. I admire your willingness to come back, even when a restaurant has missed the mark. If I could say one thing, it is that I wish you would have alerted me sooner, when I would have had the chance to act on the issue at hand.

Should you choose to dine with us again or not, please reach out to me. I'd like to get to know your perspective. We're always looking for ways to make our dining options more approachable and ways to connect with our locals.

Thank you for your continuous feedback,
Emily estamper@1540savannah.com
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

1540 Room is a great place! The food and service are first rate. Many fantastic selections on the menu. Our party of six raved about their selections and cocktails.

1540GM, General Manager at 1540 Room, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Bill,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I'm glad you had a great time. Please come back soon and often.

Cheers,
Emily

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Don't let the fact that this is a "hotel restaurant" turn you away. We went on a date night and had an absolutely amazing experience. The server was extremely knowledgeable and even when she didn't know an answer, she came back with one (we asked several times about how some of the food was prepared). Skillet Octopus, Veggie Plate and the Rabbit were out of this world. Fresh, interesting, creative, local ingredients. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We live in Savannah and enjoy going downtown and trying out the new restaurants. We decided to eat here tonight and we are so glad we did!! Our waitress Sarah explained the menu and made suggestions and we loved everything we had!! The bread plate and the cheese platter for starters followed by some amazing pasta dishes which were made with super fresh ingredients. We look forward to returning. And our view of the cathedral at sunset....amazing.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is incredibly delicious . Superior food and service. Blythe our server recommended a couple of dishes we probably would not have tried. The beet stuffed pasta was the most incredible thing I’ve tasted. Ceviche was blow your mind great. Cannot wait to return