“Don't stay in a room next to Interstate”

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #15 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Jupiter, Florida
“Don't stay in a room next to Interstate”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We were travelling in the area and the Hampton Inn and Suites Airport seemed like a great place to stay. The hotel seemed to be new and the staff was very friendly. We did not plan ahead so we were happy to get a King Room at a good price. Happy until we tried to sleep! The room bordered Interstate 95 and the truck and traffic noise was unbelievable for a modern hotel. The walls offerred no sound proofing at all! At midnight it sounded like a racing motorcycle was just outside our room and we were on the fourth floor. The hotel was full and had no available rooms away from the Interstate so we did the best we could. The room was clean and modern but let me warn you, don't check into a room bordering the Interstate, ask for a room on the other side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Insist on a room away from the Interstate! Your dreams will thank you!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
Greensboro, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The last time I used this property, I had a room on the front and found my stay noisy from the interstate. This time I had a room facing the lake. Significantly quieter. All other aspects of the property I found to be excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

atlanta, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This Hampton Inn is super close and convenient to the airport. And it is also close to a couple of good places to eat. Right next to the entrance to Interstate 95 and only a couple of miles from I-16. Takes 5 minutes to drive over to the airport terminal and they provide a shuttle if needed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Recently stayed here with the family for 2 nights. We booked 5 rooms. The hotel is what you expect from a Hampton - nice, clean and spacious. The pool area was nice and the distance to Riverfront was less than 15 minutes. The lobby was nice and spacious and the customer service was great. The one con and it was major for us as this is one of the reason we book at Hamptons when traveling with our families. As a Silver Hilton Honors members this was my first experience with a bad breakfast service. The hotel was sold out granted but I am sure the Kitchen staff was aware. There was not enough food, only one waffle maker with over 10 people waiting in line at all time, constantly running out coffee, condiments and the sausage was cold. It was pitiful the worse I have ever seen at a Hampton and I have been to plenty. Also at 9:45am the staff starting closing the wall of the breakfast and left one little opening. And although everyone was still standing in line and getting breakfast they begin to put up the pitiful offering. Taking even the butter and syrup! At one point with 3 people still in line one of the kitchen staff came over to take the waffle batter. I told her we had been waiting in line over 20 minutes. She stated well get your batter now in a cup because I am putting this up. When it was my turn I told her I think it is empty I need more to make a full cup..she stated that is all the batter we have for today. I told her no that is not acceptable and we had been waiting in line and they needed to find more. Totally rude. Again, I have never experience this type of behavior and other echo my same feelings. This put a damper on our experience as the same behavior was exhibited both days. And to make matters worse..they cut off the apple and orange juice machine. Too many other Hamptons around Savannah to stay at this one again despite all the good...the customer service of the breakfast crew and the action will prompt my family of 5 rooms to book elsewhere.
Weekend of 7/19-7/22

1 Thank TravlingTS
McRae, Ga., United States
Reviewed 26 July 2013

On business and on family trips we stay with Hampton often for many reasons. Moderate prices, clean, comp. breakfast, Hilton Honors, good location, good service. All Hamptons seem to keep these standards.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Auburn, Indiana
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We had a one night stay on our way to Florida for a family vacation with a party of 4. We got a queen double and were very impressed to have a microwave and fridge in a standard room. The entire facility was very clean and the staff was wonderful. Three things to know when staying at this hotel. 1) The pool is an outdoor pool. 2) There is no hot tub. 3) Ask for extra pillows. The pillows were very small and there were only 3 pillows on each bed. We looked in the closet for extra pillows, but were too tired/lazy to go downstairs to ask for additional pillows. I would recommend this to anyone, but have to give it 4 out of 5 just because of those 3 reasons.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Room was large and very clean. We got a room overlooking the rear property - very attractive. Although it is close to the highway, we could not hear car noise. We did hear a few planes, but that was well after we woke in the morning. Breakfast was surprisingly good - eggs were excellent, bagel was good, fresh cut fruit was sweet. There was some noise between the rooms - but again, nothing that was disruptive.