“Very Clean”

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #18 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We tend to stay at HAmpton Inns. This one is right off the highway and was our first stay. It was very clean. Easy check in and everything went great. Hoped to stay there again on the way back, but our timing was off.

1  Thank Karl S

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed overnight on a long drive. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the staff was friendly. Free hot breakfast was standard but always appreciated. Would stay again if we're driving through.

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Poor signage and direction once you get off the highway (I-95) were one of four huge flaws for us in writing this review. The others include the highway noise, the light pollution from the parking lot into the rooms with inadequate reinforced drapes, and the exorbitant price gouging we experienced without a reservation despite being late arrivals with low occupancy.

The breakfast is fine and standard fare for Hampton Inn.

The hotel physical grounds and condition are excellent, which is the saving grace, if there could be one. Front desk staff was nice and got us a crib lightning quick. However, she claimed she had no ability to lower prices despite the low occupant and lateness of the hour. At 1 am with an exhausted family of three little girls and an exasperated wife, I wasnt going to complain. We banked on the Hampton Inn name and discovered the noise and light disappointments later.

Wish we would have stayed at the Cambria Suites further off the highway, with comparable prices. But, was also interested in getting the Hilton points, and thus wasted the extra 12 minutes finding the place.

Won't be staying here again bit will still stay at other Hampton Inns.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Hampton Inn is one of my favorite hotels. I stayed at 4 different Hampton Inns for my two weeks touring of SC and GA. At the check in, I was not offered two bottles of water. When I brought it up to the front desk staff and was told the offer only applies to gold and diamond members of HHonor. I showed him the HHonor pamphlet that silver member gets two bottles of water as one of the benefits as well. He then passed water bottles to me reluctantly. Through out my entire stay(3 nights) this same staff was on duty for the 2nd shift. Many many times when we walked by the front desk, he was half laying on the couch in front of the fireplace watching TV with a middle aged woman. He did stand up to answer the phone or check-in customers. It was pretty chilly the 3 nights when I was in Savannah. I noticed the hallway outside of my room had A/C blasting and it was extremely cold. I went to the front desk and no one was attending it. After 15 minutes or so, he showed up and I told him about the A/C. He said he could not adjust the temperature. It runs automatically. I think that was an excause but I did not persue any further. This front desk staff did not provide services to the standard of Hampton Inn. He needs to be retrained. There was a "Manager on duty" plaque on the wall. I hope he was not the manager.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed one night - Very efficient and professional staff - Very clean - No noise from airport - Plenty of parking - Would stay here again next time - Beds are extremely comfortable and they offer a range of pillows from extra hard to soft - Complimentary breakfast offers a range of fruits, cereal, breads, waffles, pancakes, pastries, etc. Hampton Inns though on the pricey side is worth the extra cost.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This Hampton was exceptional in service and appearance. Very impressive. I commented to my husband that this was one of the nicest Hampton's I've stayed in. I would recommend to anyone travelling in the Savanah Georgia area to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We had a studio suite to have room for our grandson. Room was very large for only $10 a night extra. Breakfast could have been better. Hot food was good, but the pastries, even when they brought out fresh, were stale and tasteless. It is close to I-95 but only about 10 minutes from the Savannha waterfront. Some early morning noise from planes, but then it is at the airport.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the Interstate have a nice view overlooking a small lake.