“My Hamton Stay”

Ranked #15 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Decatur, United States
“My Hamton Stay”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Very good. I had a great stay. I would definately stay at this or any Hampton Inn in the future. I was excited about being at Hampton when I got there to see the condition of the hotel. It was awesome. Its also located in a great area. It was easy to find. May need just a little more parking but it was ok.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, FL, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you are a business traveler or a vacationer, I highly recommend this hotel. I was not planning on staying here but a travel snafu with the airlines put me in Savannah. After a quick call to the Hilton Honors Phone #, I picked this Hampton. And I'm so glad I did. They welcomed me in late, upgraded me to a suite, gave me bottles of water and a soda and did it all with kindness and a smile. The room was large, clean and perfect. The bed was super comfortable. The bathroom well lit. There was nothing this busy traveler was lacking here. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Dana B
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed here while on a business trip. The room and service were up to Hilton's normal standards. One thing I would not recommend if you are bothered by road noise is to stay on the west side of the hotel. I specially asked for a room on the east side and heard nothing but peace and quiet. The insulation off this relatively new property may be sufficient to keep out the clamor or I-95 but I wasn't going to chance it. I'm used to having the bill slid under the door so I was surprised that I had to go to desk to get it. No big deal but unusual. There are a lot of of motels in this area. I mean a lot. You have lots of choices but if you choose this one I think you will be happy with your choice. I was.

Room Tip: East side is probably quieter than the west side if road noise bothers you. Odd number rooms are on...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The room was clean, comfortable, and large. The staff was very friendly and helpful from check-in through departure. There is a fitness room on the property that is open until midnight. And a free hot breakfast is provided daily.
There are many retail stores and restaurants located within a half-mile or less of the hotel. And it is only about a 10-minute drive from downtown Savannah, GA.

Room Tip: Rooms facing I-95 have more traffic noise than the rooms facing the lake.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank M. M
Reviewed 3 May 2014

As always, the Hampton Inn is my go-to hotel when traveling - I can just pick one when I am tired of driving and I know it will be clean and safe. When I make the great seasonal migration to Florida, I have many of my valuables in my car - the last thing I need is someone breaking in at night. This particular Hampton is at the end of a private road. You can't see the parking lot from the highway and no one could be tempted by my boat and bike! Plus that really knocked the road noise down to nothing! A nice bonus - as usual the room way spotless and I had a great night!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank 899maryh2014
Moseley
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The location is very convenient to the Savannah Airport. The hotel is relatively new and clean. It is located at the end of the road so it's very quiet. Sam Snead's Grill is close by and I would highly recommend it for dinner - the food was delicious and the service very good. The only complaint I have with this hotel was the front desk. The young lady did not welcome me as a Hilton Honors member, did not mention anything about breakfast, the internet, or any of the amenities. She didn't even recognize me when I walked through the lobby upon returning from dinner. She definitely does not represent the Hilton chain very well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Paul M
Chgesapeake, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have been a member of Hilton Honors for over 4 years now and I have stayed at many of their hotels. This property was newer and clean but the front desk staff is need of a Customer Service Seminar. I do not know if it was just the location of this hotel but I was surprised seeing I had heard so much about the Southern Hospitality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple