All reviewsthe cottagesvalet parkinghistoric districtvisitor centerfire pittrain museumfull kitchenone bedroom suitewithin walking distancemain buildingfree dotsavannah downtownmlk blvdstreet parkingliving areathe riverbreakfast staff
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Just stayed 3 nights here and had a great stay. While yes it is not right in the middle of historic downtown as other people have said, it is not a far walk whatsoever (we walked everywhere) and it is still in historic section as it is next to a historic battlefield and old train depot.

The staff is absolutely fantastic from check-in person to the breakfast lady (who was incredible) to the valets who were always so friendly. I would stay here again just for the staff!!!
Again--friendly people and nice rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kellec4
savdv, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs while in Savannah and thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay on TripAdvisor! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff delivered "Service So Memorable" during your visit with us. I will be sure to share your comments with the associates at the hotel. Thanks again for being our guest! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

What makes this hotel so great are the people who work there. The rooms are kept so clean and the front desk staff are helpful and pleasant. Best of all, Diane who works the breakfast buffet. You can hear her contagious laugh all through the breakfast seating area. We met her on our first morning and looked forward to seeing her the next day. What a way to start your day! The breakfast, by the way, was very good too. The wine and beer happy hour was a nice touch too. We will definitely be back. Only thing that was not perfect .... The location. A long walk to the sights and the river area but near the trolly and free bus stops outside the front door. Also accept pets and a nice grassy area for walking.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Savannah. I am glad that our location and amenities made your visit to Savannah memorable. I am especially glad you enjoyed our breakfast service. I will make sure I share your comments with Danae and we will look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Savannah's historic district and the accommodations and atmosphere were both exceptional. There was a warm friendly feeling here which beckons visitors to return. I had one minor problem with dirty/missing dishes but the manager on duty quickly resolved the situation to my satisfaction. I LOVE the RI because I like to make at least a few home cooked meals when I travel with my family and the set up here is perfect for that. I would highly recommend the RI in Savannah’s historic district to anyone planning to travel there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am glad that you found our accommodations and atmosphere exceptional and our staff warm and friendly. I'm also glad that I was able to resolve your service issue to your satisfaction. We hope you will return again soon and have a perfect stay!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Still our favorite property in Savannah. Staff is extraordinary and incredibly hospitable. They actually make the customer feel as if they are the most important person they will see all day. Very convenient location, clean and extremely professional.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am glad we are your favorite hotel!! Thanks again for being our guest! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Had a great stay here. we were a group of 15 people (6 rooms) and enjoyed the service from the friendly hotel staff. It has a nice pool, great breakfast and don't miss Harry at the bar! Everyone was friendly and always had smiles on their faces! The Studios are rather large and have their own kitchen. The beds are comfortable and the rooms well appointed. It is a little disappointing that it sits behind a gas station but I guess they can't do anything about that now.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family