All reviews the cottages valet parking historic district visitor center fire pit train museum full kitchen one bedroom suite within walking distance main building free dot savannah downtown mlk blvd street parking living area the river breakfast staff
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The hotel is just across the street from the Historic District and the DOT bus (FREE) stops here every 20 minutes. The Arts District is just a few walking blocks away, and Mrs. Wilkes Restaurant (you must go, one person waits in line while the others go and check out the arts and design shops nearby) is in this district. Catch the DOT to go to the River area from here.
The rooms are nice (but still need some minor attention, one of my closet doors was missing, why does this always happen when a hotel is just a few years old?) but the staff is the ticket here. They KNOW their town. They are happy to help you find a place to eat, make sure you have everything you need for breakfast (included) and the front desk is friendly! Even the chief engineer (a woman! Yeah) is helpful!
The parking is reasonable in a locked gate or you can park on the street. The visitor center is one black away. The place is QUIET!!! Rooms are big for those sharing. Savannah deserves at least three days, but a weekend is good too. I will stay here again for a third time!

Room Tip: Ask for interior courtyard.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Savannah. I am glad that our location and accommodations made your visit to Savannah so enjoyable. I'm also glad you found our staff to be friendly and informative, and they were able to direct you to some of Savannah's finest restaurants. I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to your third visit!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Just stayed 3 nights here and had a great stay. While yes it is not right in the middle of historic downtown as other people have said, it is not a far walk whatsoever (we walked everywhere) and it is still in historic section as it is next to a historic battlefield and old train depot.

The staff is absolutely fantastic from check-in person to the breakfast lady (who was incredible) to the valets who were always so friendly. I would stay here again just for the staff!!!
Again--friendly people and nice rooms.

1  Thank kellec4
savdv, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs while in Savannah and thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay on TripAdvisor! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff delivered "Service So Memorable" during your visit with us. I will be sure to share your comments with the associates at the hotel. Thanks again for being our guest! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

What makes this hotel so great are the people who work there. The rooms are kept so clean and the front desk staff are helpful and pleasant. Best of all, Diane who works the breakfast buffet. You can hear her contagious laugh all through the breakfast seating area. We met her on our first morning and looked forward to seeing her the next day. What a way to start your day! The breakfast, by the way, was very good too. The wine and beer happy hour was a nice touch too. We will definitely be back. Only thing that was not perfect .... The location. A long walk to the sights and the river area but near the trolly and free bus stops outside the front door. Also accept pets and a nice grassy area for walking.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Savannah. I am glad that our location and amenities made your visit to Savannah memorable. I am especially glad you enjoyed our breakfast service. I will make sure I share your comments with Danae and we will look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Savannah's historic district and the accommodations and atmosphere were both exceptional. There was a warm friendly feeling here which beckons visitors to return. I had one minor problem with dirty/missing dishes but the manager on duty quickly resolved the situation to my satisfaction. I LOVE the RI because I like to make at least a few home cooked meals when I travel with my family and the set up here is perfect for that. I would highly recommend the RI in Savannah’s historic district to anyone planning to travel there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am glad that you found our accommodations and atmosphere exceptional and our staff warm and friendly. I'm also glad that I was able to resolve your service issue to your satisfaction. We hope you will return again soon and have a perfect stay!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Still our favorite property in Savannah. Staff is extraordinary and incredibly hospitable. They actually make the customer feel as if they are the most important person they will see all day. Very convenient location, clean and extremely professional.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am glad we are your favorite hotel!! Thanks again for being our guest! We look forward to your return!