All reviewsthe cottagesvalet parkinghistoric districtvisitor centerfire pittrain museumfull kitchenone bedroom suitewithin walking distancemain buildingfree dotsavannah downtownmlk blvdstreet parkingliving areathe riverbreakfast staff
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with 2 cats, a small dog and an SUV filled to the brim with luggage and items for the pets! I had sold my house in Manhattan and was en route to Florida. The hotel staff were very helpful and the valet parking was good for my situation. I had a room with a small well equipped kitchen which was perfect for the pets. There was a wonderful Italian restaurant - Corleone's - a short walk from the hotel. My meal was excellent and when I left the next morning they helped re-load my car - the gas station was right there and so was I-75.

• Stayed: September 2013
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am glad that our pet friendly room and our valet staff helped make your relocation more bearable. Corleone's is truly one of Savannah's gems and I'm glad you had time to discover it and enjoy a great meal. Thanks again for for being our guest!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Aside from the laughable retro look, this place was OK. Breakfast was the best we've ever had; but not enough seating in lobby. Rooms were good and pool was nice. Great location to the historic district and the guy in the lobby was very helpful. Wasn't sure how the valet parking was supposed to be, because you pay per day; and fairly expensive, so do you tip them for each time you get car in and out? Noted that others were equally perplexed. Overall, good hotel. Jeremy C has it right...do not walk out at night by yourself.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We take great pride in our hot breakfast buffet so I was glad to hear that you enjoyed it so much! Though breakfast sometimes gets busy we do offer additional seating in the courtyard and beside the pool, and our breakfast attendants also provide carryout options, as well.
I apologize if our parking option was not fully explained. We offer valet parking in our lighted and secure lots with unlimited "in and out" access to your vehicle. Gratuities are never required but our at the guests' discretion. Also, Savannah has a very active night life and many people either walk, shuttle or taxi safely back and forth. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Thanks again for for being our guest!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

For those who can walk, the Residence Inn is in a great location! Ignore the reviews complaining about busy M.L. King St. You can walk to the Visitor Center, 1 block down and cross at the light. Even if you don't walk, the free CAT shuttle goes right by the entrance. Friendliest staff we have found on our 8 night southern vacation. Short walk to the Crystal Beer Parlor for some local flavor (don't miss the crab stew). Stay in one of the cottages for a feeling like having your own condo.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KPatt

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Savannah. I am glad that you found our location near the Visitor's Center and the DOT shuttle an enjoyable experience. The Crystal Beer Parlor is truly a Savannah favorite, and I am glad you found it, as well. I will share your comments with our associates, and we hope you'll come back and see us soon. Thanks again for being our guest!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Just stayed here for a night and wasn't really impressed. The room was nice, but the breakfast was more like a Hampton Inn and wasn't very appealing. Also, the location is on the edge of the downtown historic district and we were a little leery about walking out at night from the hotel. Finally, we slept poorly since the mattress was hard as a rock.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremy C

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am glad you chose our hotel, but I was disappointed to hear that you had reservations about the area. Savannah has a very active night life and many people either walk, shuttle or taxi safely back and forth to the River Front and City Market. I have shared your comments about the mattress with our Maintenance and Housekeeping staff and we have taken steps to insure the mattresses are regularly inspected and rotated. Thank you again for your input, and we hope that when you return to Savannah you will choose us again and have a perfect stay!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed at the residence inn savannah historic district for 3 nights. The pros were the size of the rooms, it was really nice having a kitchen, I think a kitchen is offered in most, if not all rooms. The service was wonderful, Zepora, Kristen at the front desk and the woman working the breakfast were so friendly and helpful. They may our stay more enjoyable. Two cons: the distance from the hotel to the city market, historic district, etc could be walking distance was too far, in our opinion . Don't forget to bring walking shoes like I did! It's a good 20 min walk to everything. After the 2nd day we ended up taking the $3 shuttle service everywhere. Also, I felt like the beds weren't as comfortable as Marriott beds I'm used to. But, it's a nice place and I would recommend staying here if you don't mind walking.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms and that you found our staff friendly and accomodating. I regret hearing that you were disappointed with our location. Our location offers our guests a quiet getaway, free from the traffic and noise of many of the other hotels in the Historic District. We are located next to the Visitor’s Center and the Roundhouse Railroad Museum, and many people find the complimentary DOT shuttle provided by the City of Savannah a convenient way to get back and forth to the River Front and City Market. I have also shared your comments about the mattress with our Maintenance and Housekeeping staff and we have taken steps to insure the mattresses are regularly inspected and rotated. Thank you again for your input, and we hope that when you return to Savannah you will choose us again and have a perfect stay!