“You are in Savannah!”

Ranked #19 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Tampa Bay, Florida
“You are in Savannah!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This Residence Inn is very special. The hotel and cottages are surrounded by great landmarks like The Savannah History Museum, The Visitor's Information Center, The Georgia State Railroad Museum, The Children's Museum and a 24hrs. Convenience Store (Parker's). The Breakfast is way better than other Residence Inns and well organized. The same with the hotel decoration and staff, sophisticated and pleasant. Check out the pictures I have attached to learn more about this property.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KolumbusUndSoehne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My family and I stayed here for two nights in November 2013. The rooms were great. Large suites for a great price. Free wifi and breakfast was included. The front desk was always helpful. We were new in the area so they gave us a lot of info about Savannah. I have nothing negative to say.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Trelle90
Byron Center, Michigan
Reviewed 18 December 2013

From the moment I walked in the staff was incredibly welcoming and friendly. They assisted in everything needed from transportation options to dining recommendations.

The hotel is modern and clean. The rooms were large, clean and very comfortable! Got way more for the money than I had ever expected.

From 5p to 7p they provided appetzers and complimentary beer and wine in the lobby bar! Met some fun and attractive people at the social gathering put on by the property. A great idea!

I would and will stay here again on my next trip to Savannah!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Maryland
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

My 2 friends and I stayed here for 3 nights and loved it! We had a 2nd floor suite in the cottage area with a view of the pool and courtyard. The room was spacious and the outside space was very pretty and accessible. We loved the kitchenette. It had everything you needed for a vacation kitchen. The pool is heated. The breakfast was good. The room was clean. The blackout curtains worked. We never heard anyone else in the rooms around us. The location of the hotel is very good. We could walk to the riverfront for shopping. We could walk into the downtown area for the night life. During the day, you could get around with the DOT system which has a stop right next to the hotel in front of the visitors center. Some of the other reviews about location made me nervous about booking this hotel. I'm glad that I booked it anyway. MLK is not that big of a road. It is not difficult to cross. And this hotel is as close to the "to do" sites as many other hotels that are priced higher. We parked on the street for free right next to the hotel. There were plenty of spaces. We moved our car several times to take trips into town and to Tybee Island and never had a problem parking it again. I would recommend Bonaventure Cemetery, Uncle Bubba's and the Crabshack. We also loved the dueling piano bar, Savannah Smiles, and karaoke at McDonough's. I would stay here again. In fact, my two friends and I are planning on making this an annual vacation! We can't wait to be back! We love Savannah and are devising ways to move there.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My husband and I went there for the weekend for a little getaway. All of the staff from the valets, front desk, housekeeping, and breakfast helpers were super friendly, offering great advice on places to eat/go, and were very accommodating. If you can find a decent parking spot during the daytime, I would recommend it, but we used valet, and I would definitely do the valet for overnight parking since it is in a secure gated lot with cameras/security. The rooms were very clean (though ours had a bit of an odd smell, couldn't quite put my finger on it), and it seems they do allow pets. There is a gas station right downstairs for snacks, and it's next to the visitors center, the train museum, and walking distance to the Civic Center, and downtown. Trolleys are right next door too to take you downtown and to Riverstreet if you don't feel like walking. The breakfast was more than we hoped for, grits, eggs, waffles, etc. We hope to stay there again soon!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We always like to stay at Residence Inn and have stayed at many. I cancelled my reservation at Springhill Suites to stay here. We found a parking spot on the street on the backside of the hotel so we didn't have to use the valet. The outside fire pit was a nice touch, the lobby was very nice and the hotel staff that checked us in were very helpful.

Our room was a very good size but cleanliness below the normal Residence Inn Standard. Countertops in the bathroom and kitchen were not very clean. The drains in bathroom sink and tub had pink biofilm around them. The bathroom drawers had residue from other people's toothpaste and cosmetics! The sofa was worn and uncomfortable. Carpet was fraying in places.

The room was quiet and the bed comfortable with clean bedding.

The location was actually good for us. Close to Forsyth Park and walkable to the Riverfront. The gas station next to the hotel had a descent convenience store and the location made it easy to get to the highway.

The breakfast was the worst ever for a Residence Inn. Although the ladies working in the breakfast area were very friendly and helpful there was No fruit, the eggs were runny and tasted terrible, there was one waffle maker causing the wait to be very long.

I think next time we'll try a different Marriott hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna6517
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott Residence Inn Brand and for staying with us while visiting Savannah. I also appreciate you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay.

I was glad to hear that our room size and location were a benefit to you, and that you found our staff to be freindly and helpful.

Cleanliness is of the highest priority at our hotel. There is no excuse and I apologize for not meeting your expectations in that regard. I have shared your concerns with our Housekeeping and Maintenance departments and we have addressed and taken steps correct the issues you mentioned. We also pride ourselves on our Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet and we have taken action to ensure the quality and variety always meets and/or exceeds Marriott Standards.

We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and we hope that when your travels bring you back to Savannah you will select our hotel again and have a perfect stay!

Willie H. Alls
Asst General Manager
ri.savdv.agm@marriott.com
The South
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We always travel to Savannah for my birthday but unfortunately, this year it was the same weekend as a marathon being held in the city that Saturday. Our usual hotels were priced out of our reach, one was actually tripled! I found a room at the Residence Inn, while higher than I am used to paying, it was still reasonable. Although we only stayed one night, we were impressed with the space in the room and the kitchen. Next time we return there for more than two days we would stay there and save on the cost of eating out all the time. The staff were helpful and we didn't wait long for the valet to get the car. Only one problem - the low flow toilet mechanism made a screaming noise at 330 am and only quit when it was flushed. My husband says it was likely air in the pipes. We would stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends