“Great Hotel . Best staff ever”

Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #27 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 18 January 2014

After our stay here this week I just had to write my first review. The staff was excellent, very friendly and helpful. The suite was more than we expected, very clean and fully equipped. Hotel was perfectly located, great restaurants within walking distance, close to trolly tours, car security was a-one!!!! Nice touch was the free appetizers and cocktails from 5 to 7 weekdays. I would highly recommend this Residence Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel enough to post your very first comments on TripAdvisor! I will be sure to share your comments with our associates and we will look forward to providing you with "Service So Memorable" when you return to Savannah!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Being away from home for an extended amount of time is difficult, but coming to the Residence Inn Historical District makes it much easier. The staff and the facility is warm and welcoming. If I am checking out but returning the next week, I often leave a large bag at the front desk so I don't have to lug it all the way home. When I return, it's a nice surprise to have my bag already in my room. The Valet staff have my car waiting for me in the morning when I leave for work--if it's cold they warm the car up; if it's raining, I'm escorted to my car with an umbrella. Denae and Patricia always willing to go the extra mile for my needs in the breakfast/dinner area. Crystal always give great service during the Social Hour.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. Being an extended stay traveler has its challenges so I am glad that we have been able to make being away from home a little easier. I will be sure to share your comments with our associates and we will look forward to greeting you again when you return to Savannah!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The staff and the property exceeded my expectations. We stayed in one of the king cottages at this property. Upon arrival, the outside did not appear fancy. But once you are inside, the hotel is nicely done. The courtyard with the pool, fire pit and fountain are relaxing. The cottages have small balconies overlooking the courtyard. The next morning we had the complimentary breakfast, the staff was signing and hugging children. They made it feel like breakfast at a family's home. We did have to call maintenance twice about the toilet, but other than that, the entire stay was very nice. I will definelty stay here again and recommend the location to everyone. The hotel is located next door to the railroad museum and only about 2 blocks south of River Street. Shops and restuarants are within walking distance. Great stay!

Room Tip: If available get a king cottage facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Savannah. I am glad that you enjoyed our cottage suites and that both our property and staff exceeded your expectations. We work hard to make our breakfast experience welcoming and I will be sure to let our staff know that you felt "at home." Thanks again for being our guest!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Two bad Marriott properties in a row, and I'm giving up on the chain and sticking with Kimpton and Hyatt. My first room here didn't have heat. The engineer came up, couldn't understand the thermostat, and thankfully because I hadn't yet unpacked a move to another room was easy. That evening I went down to the bar to get a glass of wine, but it was closed. The front desk manager said she had no idea why and that it would probably be closed for the entire weekend. What kind of way is that to run a hotel?
The highlight was the friendliness of the breakfast ladies, but the breakfast itself is no great shakes.
When my flight back to the West Coast was canceled, I booked myself into the Andaz downtown. Same price, much better location and infinitely better hotel. Really. There's no comparison. Unless you're a traveler who really needs a kitchen in her hotel room, there's no reason why you would choose to stay at this property.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PeeWee67

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Savannah. I am sorry to hear that there was a problem with your heat that our engineer was unable to repair when initially coming to your room. We find that it is better to move guests to another room so that adequate time can be given to properly make repairs, and I am glad that we were able to move you without too much inconvenience. It was also unfortunate that it was necessary to close our bar that weekend, however, we directed guests to The Distillery, located right across the street as a very pleasant alternative. Hopefully, you had the opportunity to enjoy one of Savannah's favorite's as well. And while there are other hotels located in the Historic District with comparable prices, we offer complimentary amenities such as our full hot breakfast buffet and Manager’s Reception that add value above and beyond what you would find at many of the other full service hotels. I hope that you will return to Savannah and stay at the Residence Inn - Savannah Historic District. We look forward to serving you again and we hope that your stay will be perfect in every way! Willie H. Alls

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Southern hospitality is what you get here. The front desk staff was friendly. But you really get the southern charm with the continental breakfast. Danae was such a sweetheart. We were telling our kids they had to behave or they would have to go do dishes in the back. Denae and Patricia were so kind to our kids that it wasn't a threat at all. They were asking to do dishes:) Thanks girls for being so kind!

Stayed: January 2014
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2014

Natdes13 - mrolsendk - Kelseyann4 - Brian W - Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with Danae, Karintha and the rest of the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Savannah.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay. We especially appreciated the great staff. Everyone was so friendly and professional. Special shout out to Miss Danae who runs the complimentary breakfast bar. It was great way to start the day with her big smile and graciousness.

• Stayed: December 2013

Euni5 - Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with Danae and the rest of the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed 2 nights here and the rooms were very clean, customer service was great and free breakfast in morning is a huge plus! Not the greatest breakfast but it had a good selection of items. The kitchen area was nice size and we got a regular room and it was perfect. This hotel is in a great location and I recommend you walk to places rather than waiting for DOT (free bus from city and stops right outside hotel). The Railroad museum is right around the corner and I recommend you check it out. We couldn't hear any of our neighbors and had a good night sleep. We'd definitely stay here again! Also book early because the hotel fills up quickly.

Room Tip: Just book regular room... Save money and you don't spend that much time in room to get a cottage...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family