Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District
US$233
US$226
US$163
US$157
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$231
Autograph
US$235
US$219
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe cottagesvalet parkinghistoric districtfire pitvisitor centertrain museumfull kitchenone bedroom suitemain buildingwithin walking distancefree dotstreet parkinghot breakfastliving areabreakfast areawould stay here againthe river
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We came to Savannah to watch a hockey tournament and needed a play to stay we decided to stay at the Residence Inn this was our first time staying at this property. We are so glad we did the staff was great Kristen (Harnson) at the desk was so nice and always had such a nice smile and then there was Dennis (NcNab) who greeted us and help us park the car and also gave us directions. We will be back if ever in Savannah I would recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am glad that we were able to make your trip to Savannah memorable. Finding good accommodations during busy events such as the Hockey Tournament can be a challenge. I am glad that Kristen and Dennis were friendly and informative, and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff! We will look forward to seeing you again when you return to the area!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

After our stay here this week I just had to write my first review. The staff was excellent, very friendly and helpful. The suite was more than we expected, very clean and fully equipped. Hotel was perfectly located, great restaurants within walking distance, close to trolly tours, car security was a-one!!!! Nice touch was the free appetizers and cocktails from 5 to 7 weekdays. I would highly recommend this Residence Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel enough to post your very first comments on TripAdvisor! I will be sure to share your comments with our associates and we will look forward to providing you with "Service So Memorable" when you return to Savannah!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Being away from home for an extended amount of time is difficult, but coming to the Residence Inn Historical District makes it much easier. The staff and the facility is warm and welcoming. If I am checking out but returning the next week, I often leave a large bag at the front desk so I don't have to lug it all the way home. When I return, it's a nice surprise to have my bag already in my room. The Valet staff have my car waiting for me in the morning when I leave for work--if it's cold they warm the car up; if it's raining, I'm escorted to my car with an umbrella. Denae and Patricia always willing to go the extra mile for my needs in the breakfast/dinner area. Crystal always give great service during the Social Hour.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. Being an extended stay traveler has its challenges so I am glad that we have been able to make being away from home a little easier. I will be sure to share your comments with our associates and we will look forward to greeting you again when you return to Savannah!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The staff and the property exceeded my expectations. We stayed in one of the king cottages at this property. Upon arrival, the outside did not appear fancy. But once you are inside, the hotel is nicely done. The courtyard with the pool, fire pit and fountain are relaxing. The cottages have small balconies overlooking the courtyard. The next morning we had the complimentary breakfast, the staff was signing and hugging children. They made it feel like breakfast at a family's home. We did have to call maintenance twice about the toilet, but other than that, the entire stay was very nice. I will definelty stay here again and recommend the location to everyone. The hotel is located next door to the railroad museum and only about 2 blocks south of River Street. Shops and restuarants are within walking distance. Great stay!

Room Tip: If available get a king cottage facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Savannah. I am glad that you enjoyed our cottage suites and that both our property and staff exceeded your expectations. We work hard to make our breakfast experience welcoming and I will be sure to let our staff know that you felt "at home." Thanks again for being our guest!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Two bad Marriott properties in a row, and I'm giving up on the chain and sticking with Kimpton and Hyatt. My first room here didn't have heat. The engineer came up, couldn't understand the thermostat, and thankfully because I hadn't yet unpacked a move to another room was easy. That evening I went down to the bar to get a glass of wine, but it was closed. The front desk manager said she had no idea why and that it would probably be closed for the entire weekend. What kind of way is that to run a hotel?
The highlight was the friendliness of the breakfast ladies, but the breakfast itself is no great shakes.
When my flight back to the West Coast was canceled, I booked myself into the Andaz downtown. Same price, much better location and infinitely better hotel. Really. There's no comparison. Unless you're a traveler who really needs a kitchen in her hotel room, there's no reason why you would choose to stay at this property.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PeeWee67

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Savannah. I am sorry to hear that there was a problem with your heat that our engineer was unable to repair when initially coming to your room. We find that it is better to move guests to another room so that adequate time can be given to properly make repairs, and I am glad that we were able to move you without too much inconvenience. It was also unfortunate that it was necessary to close our bar that weekend, however, we directed guests to The Distillery, located right across the street as a very pleasant alternative. Hopefully, you had the opportunity to enjoy one of Savannah's favorite's as well. And while there are other hotels located in the Historic District with comparable prices, we offer complimentary amenities such as our full hot breakfast buffet and Manager’s Reception that add value above and beyond what you would find at many of the other full service hotels. I hope that you will return to Savannah and stay at the Residence Inn - Savannah Historic District. We look forward to serving you again and we hope that your stay will be perfect in every way! Willie H. Alls