“Hidden Treasure in Savannah! ”

Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #22 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

The best Marriott employees I have ever dealt with! They were so polite. Kristen Harrison and Zippora Davis provided me excellent service. They also remembered me by name across two visits. If I return to Savannah I will make sure my place of stay is the Residence Inn.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2014

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with Zippora, Kristen and the rest of the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Savannah.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The most guestfree hotel I´ve ever stayed at. Traveling alot across the world, this friendly hotel in Savannah is a must come back place.
- Kristen Harrison at the desk, what a kind, sweet, smiling person. Just a great start off the day seeing her.
- Willie King & Dennis McNab, the valet guys allways happy and ready for a talk.
-Denae Sampson. Everybody which has stayed at this hotel, and had breakfast knowns why I mention her. A great personality, which made my day better seeing her in the morning.
- Last but not least, Crystal at the bar. From Monday to Thursday Crystal is made us feel good in the lobby/bar.
Don´t hesitate to make your resevation - it´s such a nice place to stay at.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

mrolsendk - Kelseyann4 - Brian W - Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with Kristen, Danae, Willie, Dennis, Crystal and the rest of the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed here December 29-31. I was very impressed with the hotel. We have two weims, so when we travel we usually stay with family. I am always weary of finding nice pet friendly hotels. However, after reading reviews we decided to give this one a try. I was very impressed with the cleanliness and atmosphere of this hotel. The little cottage style room worked well for us. We have a lot of family on the east coast and love Savannah so we will definitely be returning to this hotel for our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth-Josh
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. We realize that pets are a big part of the family, so I was glad that our pet friendly cottages worked well for you and your family. I will be sure to share your comments with the associates at the hotel. Thanks again for being our guest! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Went for an overnight to Savannah while staying in Charleston, SC. Hotel is on the edge of the historic district, but right near the Visitor Center. City us small, so location is fine. Hotel is really nice. Rooms are huge. We had a studio king and our friends had a 1 bedroom king...both great. Friendly staff, good breakfast and OK Happy Hour.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank malka74

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad that our hospitality, location and amenities made your visit to Savannah enjoyable. I will be sure to share your comments with our associates, and we will look forward to seeing you again. Thanks again for being our guest and a loyal Marriott customer!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have traveled a great deal over the years, and never have I felt so welcome at a hotel. The hostess Kristen Harrison and Valet Ray Hargrove do a great job taking care of the customer. Everytime Im in Savannah I usually stay at the Spring Hill Suites just a few blocks form here which is a great hotel. However the people here at the Residence have won me over. The bar tender Crystal is awesome. The cook Denae has a very wonderful personality.

Room Tip: Defenitely the Cottage
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was glad to hear that our hospitality impressed someone who is a frequent business traveler. I will be sure to share your comments with Kristen, Ray and Crystal and we are delighted to have won you over into the Residence Inn family. We will all look forward to greeting you again when you return to Savannah!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We came to Savannah to watch a hockey tournament and needed a play to stay we decided to stay at the Residence Inn this was our first time staying at this property. We are so glad we did the staff was great Kristen (Harnson) at the desk was so nice and always had such a nice smile and then there was Dennis (NcNab) who greeted us and help us park the car and also gave us directions. We will be back if ever in Savannah I would recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am glad that we were able to make your trip to Savannah memorable. Finding good accommodations during busy events such as the Hockey Tournament can be a challenge. I am glad that Kristen and Dennis were friendly and informative, and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff! We will look forward to seeing you again when you return to the area!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

After our stay here this week I just had to write my first review. The staff was excellent, very friendly and helpful. The suite was more than we expected, very clean and fully equipped. Hotel was perfectly located, great restaurants within walking distance, close to trolly tours, car security was a-one!!!! Nice touch was the free appetizers and cocktails from 5 to 7 weekdays. I would highly recommend this Residence Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel enough to post your very first comments on TripAdvisor! I will be sure to share your comments with our associates and we will look forward to providing you with "Service So Memorable" when you return to Savannah!