“Beautiful hotel with gorgeous courtyard pool...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District

Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #22 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Huntington, New York
“Beautiful hotel with gorgeous courtyard pool...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We are staying in Savannah right now and could not be more pleased with this beautiful hotel. The service is terrific. The hotel has high ceilings throughout giving the appearance of opulence ..the suite we stayed in is very large and welcoming. We can walk through the historic district from the hotel. There are many restaurants nearby. I can't say enough about this great hotel. We definitely will stay here again when we visit Savannah.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marie s
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 29 October 2014
Marie S - Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Courtyard! Our goal is to provide a unique and memorable guest experience. We take great pride in serving our guest and are delighted to hear that we met your expectations.

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott! We look forward to having you as a loyal guest and will see you on your next trip.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

This was my first time in savannah but after 3 days worth of cancelled flights and bad weather we were probably not in the best of moods by the time we got here. I can safely say this changed when we were greeted at the front desk by kristen Harrison! Throughout my stay she has always took the time to help me with even the smallest problems I have had and if she couldn't help me directly then she would ask one of her colleagues. This was most apparent when I mentioned in passing that I had a nut allergy. Kristen told me to ask for her friend Karintha Moody and that she would look after me. Karintha was equally as lovely and took the time to check that I would not be affected by any of the foods they serve at the hotel. Having stayed in numerous hotels around the world I don't think I have ever been provided with a service like I have here.

Room Tip: Choose the cottages :)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Peter H
Peter H - Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with Kristen, Karintha and the rest of the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Savannah.

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

The water heater in my apartment had been broken for most of the month and my landlord told me I should stay in this very hotel until they were able to fix the problem. Kristen Harrison provided me with excellent service and quickly set my roommates and I up with 3 rooms. She even remembered who I was when I went back to get the recites from those rooms to send to my landlord. This was the best stay in a hotel I have ever had, I would definitely stay there again and advise anyone I know to stay there as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Brian W

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

The best Marriott employees I have ever dealt with! They were so polite. Kristen Harrison and Zippora Davis provided me excellent service. They also remembered me by name across two visits. If I return to Savannah I will make sure my place of stay is the Residence Inn.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with Zippora, Kristen and the rest of the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Soroe, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

The most guestfree hotel I´ve ever stayed at. Traveling alot across the world, this friendly hotel in Savannah is a must come back place.
- Kristen Harrison at the desk, what a kind, sweet, smiling person. Just a great start off the day seeing her.
- Willie King & Dennis McNab, the valet guys allways happy and ready for a talk.
-Denae Sampson. Everybody which has stayed at this hotel, and had breakfast knowns why I mention her. A great personality, which made my day better seeing her in the morning.
- Last but not least, Crystal at the bar. From Monday to Thursday Crystal is made us feel good in the lobby/bar.
Don´t hesitate to make your resevation - it´s such a nice place to stay at.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mrolsendk - Kelseyann4 - Brian W - Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with Kristen, Danae, Willie, Dennis, Crystal and the rest of the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed here December 29-31. I was very impressed with the hotel. We have two weims, so when we travel we usually stay with family. I am always weary of finding nice pet friendly hotels. However, after reading reviews we decided to give this one a try. I was very impressed with the cleanliness and atmosphere of this hotel. The little cottage style room worked well for us. We have a lot of family on the east coast and love Savannah so we will definitely be returning to this hotel for our next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth-Josh
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. We realize that pets are a big part of the family, so I was glad that our pet friendly cottages worked well for you and your family. I will be sure to share your comments with the associates at the hotel. Thanks again for being our guest! We look forward to your return!

Asst. General Manager
ri.savdv.agm@marriott.com
New York State
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Went for an overnight to Savannah while staying in Charleston, SC. Hotel is on the edge of the historic district, but right near the Visitor Center. City us small, so location is fine. Hotel is really nice. Rooms are huge. We had a studio king and our friends had a 1 bedroom king...both great. Friendly staff, good breakfast and OK Happy Hour.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank malka74
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad that our hospitality, location and amenities made your visit to Savannah enjoyable. I will be sure to share your comments with our associates, and we will look forward to seeing you again. Thanks again for being our guest and a loyal Marriott customer!
Asst. General Manager