“shouldn't be overlooked”

Ranked #18 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Long Island NY
“shouldn't be overlooked”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

although it doesn't have the cache of some of the historic hotels in the city, it does provide wonderful service, very comfortable rooms, is affordable, and a short walk from most attractions. their free breakfast, and managers socials, are good, and you could probably skip going out to a restaurant if you are so inclined.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
savdv, Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 29 October 2014
eews-Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District. Our goal is to provide a unique and memorable guest experience. We take great pride in serving our guest and are delighted to hear that we met your expectations.

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott! We look forward to having you as a loyal guest and will see you on your next trip.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Arabic first
Oakland, Maryland
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel has everything you need to feel like you are living in Savannah. The cottages, one of which we stayed in are so Charming. They look like a row house. They have porches and different pastel colors. The courtyard looks like one of Savannah famous squares. It even has a fountain, gazebo, pool and fire pit. WOW!! All this and breakfast is included. Ask for a cottage facing the courtyard.

Room Tip: Free parking on the one way street on the left side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Geenerbur - Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District. Our goal is to provide a unique and memorable guest experience. I am glad you enjoyed our cottages and our Courtyard area and really get to "feel like a local". We take great pride in serving our guest and are delighted to hear that we met your expectations.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a break in savannah but I did not want to spend a lot of money. I chose the Residence Inn because of the price and location. I did well, I got a good deal for the money I spend. Excellent customer service, spacious room, wonderful breakfast, good amenities and comfortable bed. The hotel is not right in the middle of all savannah attractions but in a walking distance from all of them. Not far at all. I would stay again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Diaz1218
Diaz1218 - Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District.

I am pleased that you found our price and location to be of great value. As a valued customer, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our service. Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon.

Niwot, Colorado
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have far too many nice things to say about this hotel, so I will try to keep it short. Everyone who works here takes the time, and with genuine feeling, to make every guest feel special. They are real people, focused on the people who stay here, sometimes a little more than you might expect, but what a wonderful thing!

My brother has been in the hotel business almost 20 years, so I have learned a lot about it. I do not exaggerate in anything I say. I know what makes a hotel, and one of the biggest parts of a successful hotel are the people. Kristen, Dennis, Jamel, Willie (both of them), Marsha, Crystal, Juon (sp?)and Kita the housekeeper have made my experience in Georgia so wonderful that I have imagined how good it would be to live here, regardless of the heat and humidity. I really lucked out in the hotel that I chose.

The rooms are wonderful, breakfast is prompt, valet is very prompt, housekeeping is friendly, and the front desk is equipped to handle just about anything, and with a smile or chuckle to boot. I love the location as it is close to so many historical wonders. The bar has one of the most gregarious and genuine people I have ever known (Crystal), who will take care of anyone and everyone…and all at the same time! That's a talent.

It's a beautiful place, with beautiful people, and one of the nicer locations. What more could you ask for in a hotel? The service is quick, efficient, and done with great quality and caring.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Virginia J
Virginia J - Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Savannah.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We always stop over in Savannah on our drive home from vacation in Florida. We chose Residence Inn, honestly, because all other hotels were booked. The hotel is nicely decorated and gives a historic, yet contemporary feel. The room we stayed in was quaint; however too small for a family of 3 (10 yo). We had two full beds and the full bed was uncomfortable, squeaky and too small for two people. (We were told they were queens) Otherwise, the front end staff was very nice and hospitable. They provide a typical hotel breakfast and it was clean and attended to. The hotel is convenient to shopping, restaurants and the waterfront (River St). I would stay here again but in a king bed. :) Oh and they charge $12 for parking in the deck behind the hotel; however, the sign at the deck shows they only charge $10.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Faithsg - Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District.

I am pleased that you found our location convenient and our staff to be friendly and attentive. As a valued customer, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Ruskin, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was great from beginning to end. Service was awesome from valet to front desk. We had a one bedroom suite in one of the cottages. Very nice and spacious room with full kitchen. It had access out the back of the hotel which was nice. The room was clean. The free breakfast was very good with assortment of eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, bagels, toast and waffles. The food was yummy. The hotel is located a little far from river street...about twenty minute walk. They do however offer a free shuttle throughout the historic district that runs every 20 mins. We used it almost every day. We ate at The Distillery restaurant twice which is across the street. ..very good. Overall the hotel was great and we would definitely return.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

I am pleased that you found our location convenient and our cottage rooms to be spacious and comfortable. As a valued customer, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Columbia, SC
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I chose this hotel for the location but was not completely pleased with the location. Being a solo traveler this time, I was not comfortable with walking to the close attractions alone and at night. However, I was impressed with the hotel, its amenities, bed and room was comfortable, and Cleveland at Valet was awesome! He was the first person at this hotel I encountered and he greeted me with a big smile and promised he would take care of my car (my baby, like I asked him too)! And the two ladies at breakfast were nice, even when other patrons were not. I originally planned to stay two nights but checked out the next morning for several reasons...but overall, the hotel was impressive. I would look for other Marriott properties in the area before choosing this one just for my personal safety alone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank barbekirk
Barbekirk - Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with Cleveland and the rest of the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.