“Under Restoration”

Ranked #23 of 225 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace is Savannah's first Registered National Historic Landmark. Enjoy a guided tour, tracing the arc of Juliette Gordon Low's life and the Movement she founded that continues to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place.
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The birthplace was under restoration during our visit in October 2013. Scaffolding covered what would have been a beautiful building. We took some pictures of the pictures of what the house would have looked like and left.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,422)
All reviews
in 84 reviews
"troop"
in 85 reviews

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I visited the Juliette Gordon Low House as a young Girl Scout. On a couple's trip to Savannah for 4th of July, I wanted my boyfriend to see just how important Girl Scouts was to my upbringing. We were able to take a special gas light tour with the tour guide's in costume. He was very impressed and fascinated with the home, artifacts and tour. It was exactly how I remembered it as a girl!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I wasn't a girl scout as a child, but after the tour I wanted to sign up for an adult membership! When my husband and I entered the museum I was only mildly interested in Juliette Gordon Low. I mainly wanted to see the inside of the old house and the old furniture. However, it turns out that Juliette was a very inspirational and accomplished woman. She was very talented at art. We were very impressed by her life's story. I have a new respect for girl scouts. If I have daughters in the future, I'm signing them up!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Buy a ticket that will allow you to go into this house, the Andrew Low House and Davenport House as they are all within walking distance of each other and are all different and well worth seeing. Being from the UK I had never heard of Juliette Low but found it really interesting with a very knowledgeable guide who knew all about the house and her extraordinary life. I originally thought the house was closed as it is covered with scaffolding on the outside while it is being renovated but this does not affect the inside of the house. The house has wheelchair access with a lift to the upper floors.