“Loved the tour”

Savannah Dan Walking Tours
Ranked #9 of 144 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a leisurely stroll through Savannah's picturesque squares with a Southern Gentleman. Or take a private carriage tour with up to four adults! Hear the history of Savannah in the language of the South. See churches and Southern mansions dating back to the 1700s! You'll visit scenic locations used by Hollywood's movie industry. See where Forrest Gump sat on the bench waiting on the bus. Get the inside buzz on local restaurants and night spots and enjoy Savannah like a local. Only Two tours daily with limited space.
North Carolina
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Loved the tour”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We took the Savannah Dan walking tour this past weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. Dan is very engaging and informative. Our 13 yr old son enjoyed it as well. The tour lasted right at 90mins and started right on time. Dab gave lots of suggestions of places to go and restaurants to try. Definitely give this tour a try.

Delran, NJ
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Decent overview of Savannah's history”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Savannah Dan met us promptly at the appointed meeting spot and off we went. Our group was about 15 people and was from all over the country. We went through several of Savannah's squares and Dan gave a little history of each one and why they were named as they were. At times though, I found Dan to be a little condescending. It was as though we were all ignorant of any history at all! Come on - give us some credit. He even made a remark when a teenager answered a question correctly like "Oh, do you go to private school? Yes? I thought so" Well, Dan, I went to a perfectly good public school and turned out to be reasonably intelligent! Other than that, the price was right (which you pay in cash only at the end of the tour) and the weather was perfect when we went which made for a decent walking tour.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank mmfoy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Light on history, life in historical times, and facts; I found Savannah Dan to be rather uninteresting and glib.”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I read all the great reviews on this tour, and so my expectations were to come away with a much better understanding of the history and culture of old Savannah. Savannah Dan spoke very little of history, even when questions were posed. Several of his stories seemed so embellished, there was very little fact-based information. Several times, I believe he made up some of the information. This just isn't my style. Dan was much more about acting than teaching or enriching.

3 Thank Luvtennis2
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Savannah Dan - Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My girlfriend and I spent Saturday afternoon, 11/2, in Savannah. Before going we did some research on touring guides and companies. We settled on Savannah Dan because he sounded like he would be the right balance of information and entertainment. Dan delivers on both fronts.

Dan's walking tour will take you through 7-8 of the Savannah Squares and surrounding areas, stopping to impart historical information as well as adding in funny anecdotes. You learn how Savannah was founded and about its historical figures - warts and all. He takes time to answer questions as well as engage the group to test their knowledge as well.

The touring time is 1 1/2 to 2 hours - just perfect. The cost is $20/person, which Dan collects at the end of the tour. At the end of the tour Dan also takes time to make restaurant recommendations, which is an added bonus.

Whether you are spending the day or just have a few hours to spend - I would highly recommend adding Savannah Dan's tour to your itinerary.

San Juan Capistrano
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Seersucker Perfection”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We toured both Charleston and Savannah and thanks to Dan, we prefer Savannah. Excellent, informative tour led by the affable Seersucker clad Dan. Funny and historic it was the perfect length and my wife and I could not have been more pleased.

Thanks Dan, we will be back to see you again !!

Visited October 2013