“Perfect hotel for larger family”

SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #39 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Wildwood, Missouri
“Perfect hotel for larger family”
Reviewed 25 March 2011

The hotel is very, very lovely. We enjoyed the pretty, modern decor. The Internet service was strong. The pool and hottub are really nice and the breakfast was super. It may seem like other hotels are better situated, but we found it perfect. It's close to the vistor's center where a lot of tours start. It's within walking distance to the river and several landmark locations are just around the corner. I was impressed that there was a concierge available at this level of hotel. I love it when a less-expensive hotel has quality workout equipment like this one has.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank dmccracken
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 31 March 2011
Thank you very much for your great review, we look forward to you returning to see us soon! I am glad that you found our location convenient and our hotel a value. We are a great choice for large families due to the fact that we are all suites, include a free hot breakfast, and are a short walk to all of the historic district sites. Please make sure to “friend” us on facebook or follow us @stayinsavannah on twitter so that you can see any specials that we are offering.
Thank you! Lee Smith, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Great vacation place for the family. Heated outside pool which is great for the kids and a nice large jacuzzi for the adults after a long day of walking. Stayed in a King Suite and it was large with a desk/glass wall partition. 8 Year old son slept on pull-out couch and 5 year old daughter slept on "complimentary" roll-away bed! Comfortable and enough room for all! The breakfast was good. Excellent make-your-own waffles, and the usual cereal, ,muffins, eggs, sausage patties, fruit, oatmeal, etc. Nice way to begin your day! Be sure to thank the ladies who manage the breakfast buffet. Very nice, works hard and deserves to be acknowledged! Use the concierge! We had the best concierge - Dan Gleason. Set us up on our 1st day with a trolley pass which gave us the opportunity to explore the historic areas and by day 2, knew the geography we wanted to explore deeper. The only downside to this hotel, is that there is NO sun in the pool area after morning hours. Wanted to lay out, but there was no sun! I guess that's a good thing if you'll be here in the summer!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 16 March 2011
rudybird,

Thank you so much for this excellent review! We are proud to offer suites to families like yours so that everyone is comfortable during their stay! I am pleased that you enjoyed everything from our breakfast to our beautiful city! Looking forward to having your family with us again soon!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 March 2011

We stayed here 13th Feb for two nights while touring north Florida and Georgia. Every good thing said in the previous reviews is true, location, suites size, facilities, hotel decor but the real winner was the professional/relaxed attitude of the staff especially the car valet attendants.
Quinner, Ireland.
I did note a vacant area on the corner of the building, could I suggest a bar facility would greatly enhance the Hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 9 March 2011
quinner,

Thank you for your feedback! I am pleased that we exceeded your expectations in all departments, especially our staff. We pride ourselves on our Southern Hospitality. I will be sure to commend each department that you mentioned. Thank you for your suggestion regarding the bar. We are currenlty considering our options for that space.

South Bend, IN
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Other reviewers have mentioned the disconnect between the ultramodern interior and the hotel's location in the Savannah historic district. It's true, but my sister and I found it no problem, and trivial when compared to the rest of the hotel's virtues. We arrived a little after 10 on Saturday morning, not expecting to check in but hoping to be allowed to park so that we could do some touring on foot. To our surprise, we were checked in right away (it was off-season, this couldn't happen if they were busy, I'm sure). The desk clerk even invited us to catch the end of breakfast, an excellent selection including oatmeal with trimmings and other goodies. Our very reasonable rate included valet parking, where the attendants were friendly and helpful well beyond what I would have expected. We had a two-queen suite with a desk, full-sized sleeper sofa, microwave and small refrigerator. There was wired and wireless Internet access in the room and the business center in lobby had a printer available for boarding passes and the like. The location was perfect for touring the historic district, and it had easy access to highways for trips further afield.

• Stayed February 2011
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 23 February 2011
Ratherstayhome,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for sharing your experience! Many people are confused by the modern decor, but find it a refreshing change from the traditional Savannah hotels. I hope you will return and stay with us again soon.

Brandon, Florida
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Great location, location, location! Great rooms, very modern and clean (only problem I had was a tub that didn't drain) Would defenitely saty there again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 February 2011

We just spent a weekend at the Springhill Suites in Savannah and the hotel was nice, clean, and was within walking distance to everything. I liked having the split bathroom (shower and sink in one part, toilet and another sink in another part), though I wish they weren't centrally located in the room. Our room was very clean and spacious and I definitely liked having access to the small in-room refrigerator. The breakfast was great and all of the staff were very helpful, courteous, and friendly. Check-in was the most efficient I think I've ever experienced at any hotel and we never had to wait for our car (we called the valet just before leaving our room and it was always there when we walked out).

I really don't have any negatives about the hotel except for 2 minor details: the lighting in both sections of the bathroom is very dim/poor, making applying make-up difficult, and the shower door doesn't have a lip or guard on it so water leaks out under the door during showers, causing standing water on the floor (mat was soaked and water was pooled on the tile).

Otherwise, I would definitely stay here again as the location is perfect and the staff could not be more friendly.

Jenn0630,

What a great review! Thank you so much! I love to hear that our staff showed exceptional southern hospitality. Unfortunately, I don't know that there is much we can do about the shower, but I will definitely look into better lighting for the bathrooms. Thank you for your suggestions!

Saranac Lake, New York
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Well we booked our trip with Marriott points kind of last minute and all I have to say is I am so glad I picked this spot. As we had never been to Savannah before, I was drawn to staying in the heart of everything. We walked everywhere in town and enjoyed all of the sights to see. We only were there to sleep, and we felt that the rooms were spacious (we had a king suite). Very contemporary and I thought the showers were awesome. The Hotel's staff was incredibly polite and how we loved Sally Kruger, the concierge. Her southern hospitality and genuine smile made our stay all the better. Thanks Sally. She went above and beyond to help us get a car so that on our sixth day we could run to Bonaventure Cemetary and Tybee Island. We went to the Mansion on Forsyth and did a cooking school, had cocktails at the bar there and walked back to our Hotel. The level of luxury at the Mansion is awesome, and the River Marriott was nice, but I loved where we stayed.