“Stylish, comfortable, clean, great location for walking.”

SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #39 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
“Stylish, comfortable, clean, great location for walking.”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Stayed a couple of times at this hotel while traveling on business. Had one of the larger suites, the long layout made it seem enormous. Quiet, comfortable sleep. Good workout room, decent breakfast, the whole aesthetic of the place very cool. Nice staff.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Middlegatraveler
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 7 August 2011
Middlegatraveler,

Thank you for your kind review! We are so happy that you continue to stay at the SpringHill Suites Savannah Historic District when you visit the area on business. I'm pleased that you found the hotel both comfortable and stylish. We hope to continue to be your first choice when you are traveling in Savannah.

- Lee Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2011

The Hotel is in a wonderful location, very close to the City Market. Only a few blocks to Bay & River Street - perfect walk for those not always in the best shape. The hotel staff were very helpful & friendly! The breakfast was free and delicious, it did offer a few warm items as well as many healthy choices. I would defiantly recommend this hotel. The setup for the restrooms in the room was great, the shower area is separate from the toilet - which meant taking a shower in peace while traveling with a small child who loves to visit you while your in the restroom! Overall, this is a great hotel!

3 Thank rowena76
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 14 August 2011
rowena76,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! I am so happy that you found the location convenient to walk to the sights and attractions of Historic Savannah. It is also wonderful to hear that our entire staff was friendly and helpful, and that the restroom setup was perfect for your family! We would love to see you again soon!

-Lee Smith, General Manager
Boca Raton, FL
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I stayed here with my 4 children, which the hotel accomodated nicely with 2 doubles and a pullout sofa. The hotel is modern and totally different from the city it's in, but very nice, clean, and comfortable. Someone else said it reminded them of a room in Japan due to the room's small size, but even so, it's pleasantly decorated and comfy. My kids loved the minimalist bathroom, which had one room for a toilet and sink and another with another room with the tub and another sink. The proximity to everything in Savannah was fabulous as we walked to dinner, the waterfront, and the ghost tour we took. Breakfast was good, but ends promptly at 9:30am, no stragglers welcome!
All in all, a very pleasant stay at a very reasonable price of $109 per night. I'd stay there again.

2 Thank dt2400
dt2400,

Good afternoon! We are thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us last month. Our modern decor is not typical in the Historic District, but we are so happy that you found it accommodating, clean, and comfortable. As your children found, the split restroom design is perfect for families traveling together, as two can get ready at once! I am happy that you found the value and proximity to be worth the stay as well. We hope to see you again soon!

-Lee Smith, General Manager
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This hotel Has a great location. It's is close to everything and is in easy walking distance of shops and restaurants. The room was comfortable and large. There were stains on the rugs but the room was very clean. The staff was extremely helpful from the great concierge Dan to the housekeepers and balers. Everyone offered their help. They made the trip delightful.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank csquared5
csquared5,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! I am so happy that you enjoyed our location and rooms. I sincerely apologize that there were stains on the carpet in the room that you checked into. We are working to address these issues. I am happy that the staff made your trip delightful! It is so wonderful to hear them recognized by name as well. Dan is truly an asset to our hotel. Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon!

- Lee Smith, General Manager
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We had a great stay, wonderful location. Room was well equipped and spacious, wonderful unique layout. However, we were there with two children who were looking very forward to using the swimming pool. It was AWFUL! Very cloudy, you couldn't see the bottom. It was GROSS. Otherwise, the hotel was outstanding!

• Stayed July 2011
NCMom2Three,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you had a wonderful stay. I'd like to sincerely apologize about the issue that you encountered at our pool. We have since had the issue addressed, and can assure you it will be sparkling the next time you stay with us. I am happy that the other great attributes of your stay made up for this issue. I hope to see you soon!
Central Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We chose this particular hotel because we needed a suite with 2 queens + sofabed. Location is convenient, but there is no parking except to pay $15/day to park in their garage. Hotel decor is odd -- retro turquoise everywhere. Beds were comfortable but I did find some random hairs around the room so it had not been cleaned properly. It had the weirdest bathroom setup I've ever seen. One room contained the shower/tub and a sink & vanity. The mirror had a round mirror on top of it with lighting coming out the sides of the round mirror. I guess it was suppose to be cool, but provided poor lighting. Toilet had it's own room -- with a SLIDING door with no lock. There was also a gap in between the sliding door and the wall where if you sat on the toilet you could see right into the hotel room. Needless to say, that didn't provide any privacy. We had to call twice to request extra towels since we had 5 people in the room and bedding for the sofabed (even though it was requested when I made the reservation). Breakfast selection was pretty good but the main part of breakfast was make-it-yourself belgian waffles. And one of the two waffle irons was broken, so there were about 15 people waiting in line to make their own waffles. There are so many other hotels in Savannah. I think next time I'll try a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
I am sorry that you found our hotel décor strange to you, we are a newer hotel and are designed with more of a modern feel. Most of our guests, especially those with families, enjoy the separate powder/bathing rooms – with the dual sinks it allows several family members to get ready at the same time. Saving time and effort for our guests! Our waffles are a huge demand on the buffet line and I am sorry that you had to wait, but the other hot items such as eggs, meat, and oatmeal that we offer make for a great start to your day too! I hope that you will give us another chance next time you are in the area. Thank you. Lee Smith, General Manager
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I am a Marriott Rewards member so I usually choose to use my points for free rooms when travelling personally. This hotel was conveniently located and was modern in decor. The staff was very friendly. My primary purpose in choosing this hotel was the free breakfast offered. I typically stay at a Courtyard or Marriott so it was a bit out of my comfort zone to stay at a SpringHill Suites. Since Savannah is foodie heaven, its nice to start out with a light breakfast as not to interfere with the menu planned for the day. I found the selection on the buffet to be adequate. My biggest complaint is the layout. The breakfast area is very busy and the layout of the bar causes unnecessary lines while people wait for the toaster etc. By the way, neither of the toasters worked at all!! The ran out of bananas one day and then they were too ripe the second day. I know this may seem a bit picky for a free breakfast but this was the sole purpose for choosing this hotel. I think the qty of food and the selection could be stepped up a bit. All in all though, I would recommend this hotel for its friendly staff and great location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I appreciate the feedback on the breakfast area and I will work with that manager to see what we can do to help ensure we don’t have these problems in the future! We hope to see you again next time you come down to Savannah! Lee Smith, General Manager