“Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #39 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Panama City, Panama
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I recently stayed here for the fourth time. It is always clean & staff is always friendly. It's convenient to all the places of interest. The only complaint I had this last time, was that the breakfast wasn't as good as it has been in the past.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Angie H
Lee S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Angie,

We are ALWAYS delighted to hear from our repeat guests & even happier to hear that you had a pleasant stay.
I am very interested to learn more of your recent stay and how your breakfast experience differed from prior stays. If you have time, I would be extremely grateful to have you contact me personally with further details. This will allow us to gain a better insight into what you see and hopefully provide a better service in the future.
Thank you again for being a Loyal Marriott guest & we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Fostoria, Ohio
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel and found it to be super clean and comfortable. The hotel staff all went out of their way to greet us including the valet service, housekeeping and front desk. The hotel room was surprisingly large and with a modern feel. My family of four found that the toilet separate from the shower was very convenient and the beds / pillows were very comfortable. We also enjoyed the breakfast each morning with plenty of seating. Excellent location and within easy walking distance to all that Savannah has to offer. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lindsey1870
Lee S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Lindsey,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! It brings a smile to my face to read your comments. This is truly what we are in this industry for. I will be sharing your comments with our staff this week. Please let us know when you are coming back to the area!
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I haven't ever heard about this lovely city before this trip. So I was really surprised to find Savannah such a lovely place. As for the hotel, Well do not expect anything spectacular but this hotel has all the things you need for a pleasant stay. It is very close to the city center and the port and breakfast was included and not bad. Avarage room rate for a Marriot hotel in the US.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I'd never stayed in a SpringHill Suites before this trip but will definitely be staying in them again after this experience. This is a clean, comfortable yet modern feeling hotel in a quaint and historic city. Located close to the river and the downtown historic district, the hotel staff with friendly and provided us with great service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here when we were in town for a 5k that attracts a fair amount of runners from out of town. The staff did a good job of accomodating everyone that was there for the event. The property is in a good location neat the historic district, so you can walk to many of the places you want to visit. The room was shaped a little oddly - the TV was in the living room area of the room, and you had to turn it sharply to see it from the bed and part of it was obscured by the hutch. However, we weren't here to stay in the room, so it wasn't a big issue. Overall, a clean, affordable hotel with good staff in a good location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family and I traveled to Savannah, Ga. for a get-a-away for about 3 days. We've stayed at this hotel on multiple visits to Savannah. The location is great and is in great proximity to the downtown historic district. The room and the stay was worth the amount we paid. SpringHill Suites is a Marriott property which means great accommodations and free breakfast. My family and I were made to feel very welcome upon our arrival. Our room had two queen size beds and a sofa bed. It was clean, with a refrigerator and a microwave. The hotel also has a pool. The pool was undergoing remodeling at the time of our stay. It does have a fitness room. The hotel does have valet parking. You can also use the public parking nearby though I wouldn't recommend it. Valet parking cost $20.00/day. You can come and go as you please. Our stay was from Thursday to Sunday. We were charged a lower price for Thursday but the price increased from Friday to Sunday. Savannah is a nice place to visit with kids. My family and I went on the horse drawn carriage tour of the historic district. We had lunch at Tubby's on the Riverfront. The food was good. Lunch was a little pricey but the food was worth the money spent. The downtown square has a splash pad for the kids to cool off from the summer heat. When I return for another stay, this hotel will be one of my choices.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor which I found to be very convenient. It was very quiet even though...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank smerts
Logan, OH, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is in a very nice part of town and easy to get to. It's within walking distance of many attractions in town. The concierge was very helpful in helping us decide what would be good activities for us while in town. I liked that the hotel offered shuttle service to local trolleys. The room was nice and spacious, plenty big enough for the four of us. My kids liked having a pool on the second floor, although we only used it once. The breakfast was nice and had a lot of options, but it was always crowded. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family