SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District
Ranked #36 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Brandon, Florida
“Great New hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

Great location, location, location! Great rooms, very modern and clean (only problem I had was a tub that didn't drain) Would defenitely saty there again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

We just spent a weekend at the Springhill Suites in Savannah and the hotel was nice, clean, and was within walking distance to everything. I liked having the split bathroom (shower and sink in one part, toilet and another sink in another part), though I wish they weren't centrally located in the room. Our room was very clean and spacious and I definitely liked having access to the small in-room refrigerator. The breakfast was great and all of the staff were very helpful, courteous, and friendly. Check-in was the most efficient I think I've ever experienced at any hotel and we never had to wait for our car (we called the valet just before leaving our room and it was always there when we walked out).

I really don't have any negatives about the hotel except for 2 minor details: the lighting in both sections of the bathroom is very dim/poor, making applying make-up difficult, and the shower door doesn't have a lip or guard on it so water leaks out under the door during showers, causing standing water on the floor (mat was soaked and water was pooled on the tile).

Otherwise, I would definitely stay here again as the location is perfect and the staff could not be more friendly.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 23 February 2011
Jenn0630,

What a great review! Thank you so much! I love to hear that our staff showed exceptional southern hospitality. Unfortunately, I don't know that there is much we can do about the shower, but I will definitely look into better lighting for the bathrooms. Thank you for your suggestions!

Saranac Lake, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

Well we booked our trip with Marriott points kind of last minute and all I have to say is I am so glad I picked this spot. As we had never been to Savannah before, I was drawn to staying in the heart of everything. We walked everywhere in town and enjoyed all of the sights to see. We only were there to sleep, and we felt that the rooms were spacious (we had a king suite). Very contemporary and I thought the showers were awesome. The Hotel's staff was incredibly polite and how we loved Sally Kruger, the concierge. Her southern hospitality and genuine smile made our stay all the better. Thanks Sally. She went above and beyond to help us get a car so that on our sixth day we could run to Bonaventure Cemetary and Tybee Island. We went to the Mansion on Forsyth and did a cooking school, had cocktails at the bar there and walked back to our Hotel. The level of luxury at the Mansion is awesome, and the River Marriott was nice, but I loved where we stayed.

Milton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

Stayed here one night for a quick trip to Savannah. Room was comfortable, spacious, clean and beds were extremely comfortable. I liked the toilet and small sink in a separate room from the tub/shower and larger vanity. Just a few things that could have been improved on ... our coffeepot in the room was broken (I was having serious caffeine withdrawal until going downstairs for breakfast) and a few extra cloths and hand towels would have been nice. Hotel staff was great and valet was very prompt! WiFi was quick and easy, nice flat screen and comfortable beds and pilllows. Rate was okay at $116 (AAA), but with taxes, fees and $15 per day of valet parking, total was up to $147. We were in the Historic District just a few blocks from the City Market and restaurants. The concierge recommended Belford's for a nice dinner - it was an excellent suggestion. Food and service were outstanding and it was just what we were looking for. I don't know if I'll get back to Savannah again, but if I did, I would stay at Spring Hill Suites again.

wisconsingirl52,

Thank you so much for your review!! I am so glad you enjoyed the hotel. I do apologize for the broken coffee pot. Please call the desk no matter what time of day if you find issues like this in your guest room. We are always here to fix any issues that come up. Belford's is an awesome restaurant and I am happy you enjoyed their food and service. They are a well-known Savannah stop.

St Petersburg, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Spring Hill Suites. The location was very convenient and was walking distance to the Riverfront. Location in the historic district made it possible to walk to all the sights we wanted to see. Concierge, housekeepers, and front desk staff were helpful. They are currently renovating the pool area, but we had no desire to swim in January, so no disappointment there. Love the decor and cleanliness--the hotel is either new or newly renovated and has a bright, fresh feel. My only complaint would be that the coffee is terrible. I would have expected better quality coffee from such a nice hotel. This seems to be a chain-wide problem, as the other Spring Hill Suites I've stayed at had similarly bad coffee. Also, the valet parking is quite expensive, $15 a day. This aside, I would definitely stay at the Spring HIll Savannah again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 2 February 2011
worldtraveler8,

Thank you so much for your feedback!! I am so glad your stay was enjoyable and that you found the location to be convenient. I apologize for the coffee not meeting your expectations. Springhill does only allow us to serve this specific coffee. While the parking may seem high, we have checked with all of the other historic district hotels and have priced ourselves in line with most and less expensive than others. Space is scarce in the historic district, so most garages are under the hotels and we offer valet as the garages are very tight. I hope you will visit us again soon!

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2011

We were really happy with our stay---everyone on staff was super friendly/helpful. Recommendations for dining good, too. SOHO South Cafe was great for lunch---atmosphere/food. We also dined at Old Pink House---love the downstairs pub/tavern. The absolute best highlight was dinner @Cha Bella---crazy good organic Italian food! We were able to walk to shopping district and quite a few pts. of interest. Would definitely recommend the location over the Hampton Inn which was a block or two away on a very busy corner. Trolley tour is a must in getting overview of city. Only disappointment---didn't get to rooftop Bohemian Hotel for drinks.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2011

We were in Savannah for our daughter's wedding and booked several rooms into the Springhill Suites Historic District for our group. Our stay at this hotel could not have been more perfect. The hotel itself was beautiful - very nice layout of the rooms, all very clean and pristine. The staff was beyond professional, taking excellent care of us. They were helpful and professional, going beyond the call of duty in helping us whenever we had questions or needed assistance with our many comings and goings in Savannah.

• Stayed December 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
leesmithgm, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this review, 12 January 2011
Bonnie0055,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback!! I am so glad your stay was enjoyable and the staff was able to help you with all of your needs. Please visit us again soon!