“Amazing Boutique Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Lewis Center, Ohio
“Amazing Boutique Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I travelled here for a short getaway. He is typically the type of person that avoids boutique hotels and prefers more mainstream chains. I have to say, I think he was pleasantly surprised with this trip.

When we arrived, we parked our car at the nearby Whittaker St. garage and walked the block to the hotel. We assumed we would need easy access to our car with in/out abilities throughout the trip (we purchased a parking pass through the visitor's center - definitely check it out). We were wrong! This hotel is conveniently located near all of the sights we hoped to see (as well as the restaurants where we had dinner reservations).

We were given the option of 3rd floor room with balcony or 7th floor without. We chose to go higher and felt that was the correct decision after arriving at our room. The view was spectacular. Sure, you have less than stellar sights across the river, but the overall view of the river and the boats heading up and down was spectacular. The bridge is also gorgeous at night.

Our room was very clean, cozy, and inviting. While others have complained about the dim lighting, we thought it was perfect for the romantic feel we had hoped to have. Within about 20 minutes of checking in, we received a call from the front desk ensuring everything was up to our expectations.

Overall, the whole experience was up to our expectations and even exceeded them!

Room Tip: We had the option of a lower floor with balcony or higher floor without (both river view). We went w...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Suwanee, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our 25th wedding anniversary last week.10/7-10/8 2013. My husband is a life time platinum member and upon check in there were no river front rooms available, not one! Our room was very average, no tub I. The bathroom and a average to small size sleeping area. There wasn't a easy chair to even sit in, we sat on the bed or at the rigid desk chair. I was surprised that there wasn't a turn down service. I don't expect this from al hotels but when the rate is in the $300 range /night than I would think that freshening up would be a nice touch. My husband redeemed 80,000 points for a basic room. For that amount of point redemption we could have stayed at the ritz Carlton, and this was a FAR cry from the Ritz! Breakfast because of my husbands Statius came with a continental breakfast , priced at $14.00, when my husband asked if he could get a bowl of oatmeal instead that cost $8.00 they said "no" and said it was Marriott the company that manages them policy. I don't think so , when we have stayed at full service marriott's world wide my husband gets oatmeal. The next day they did move us to a river room and I was so looking forward to a bath, but no tub again. It was cool to see the freighters go up and down the river, however our view and that of the entire hotel as it is not a big hotel is of a storage dumping yard across the river, not appealing to look at what so ever. The lobby is small, really no place to sit other than two chairs right at the exit doors, we sat there while we waited for a shuttle to take us to their other property. The bell men were excellent, the checking was certainly not as welcoming as other hotels at this price point. Over all, no pool, hot tub, any real amenities are lacking other than a restaurant and bar. if you are able to get a good deal on a room go for it, I would not want to pay more that $150/night though. I have stayed n several other hotels i. That area, the full serve Marriott on the river , and the spring hill suites on Montgomery street , both are nice and far better value.

Room Tip: Boutique style hotel, I would only recommend if you could get a great price on a room. The experienc...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nancy M
Kurt E, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Nancy M,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your recent experience at Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront. I am very sorry to hear you found the experience disappointing.

We do offer Platinum members an upgrade if available upon arrival. We also take requests for rooms with a bath tub. While all of our rooms have luxurious showers, only a small number have the separate bath tub. I am sorry that neither were available upon your arrival.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service you received from our staff.

Please let us know if we can be of assistance on a future visit to Savannah and obtain the room features you prefer.

At your service,

Kurt Englund
Ormond Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel is centrally located on the riverfront; convenient to everything. In fact we parked the car and never moved it until we left. The room was very comfortable; quite large with plush bedding and towels. The rooms were very quiet, as were the hallways. It was extremely clean.
Lighting in the rooms is very dim. The one light between the two beds was not bright enough for reading. I prefer a light that can focus on each bed, allowing one person to read and the other sleep. The bathroom also had inadequate lighting, making it difficult to apply makeup. An additional mirror in the room would have been nice to allow a second female to groom while the bathroom is occupied.
I did not appreciate the decor which included a picture of a naked lady hanging on the wall with a spotlight highlighting it. The hallways are very dark.
The TV is quite high tech and there were no instructions for even turning on the TV and selecting a station.
We booked this hotel at the last minute when we changed our vacation plans due to the shutdown of national monuments, etc. in Philadelphia. This was the only hotel with vacancies that we could find with good reviews on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Sanibel Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Heard about from friends. Rode the hop on and off trolley. Hopped off for this. Could eat inside or out (we ate inside due to heat). Interesting menu...2 items for one amount, don't remember the details. Looks over the Savannah River.
Would eat there again and probably stay in the hotel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kilroy123
Amelia Island, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had heard great things about The Bohemian in Savannah so we had high expectations. Our expectations were met or exceeded in every possible category. The hotel is centrally located and we easily walked everywhere we wanted to go. The room was absolutely gorgeous with a river view. The room was large, comfortable and the furniture and decorations were truly exceptional. I look forward to returning to Savannah just for another opportunity to stay at The Bohemian.

Room Tip: Because of the unique location, the portico and check-in coincide with the 4th floor. Our room was o...
Rockport, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

All of all the meals we had in Savannah (except Chef Joe's cooking class) this was by far the best meal we had. The shrimp & grits were outstanding, fried green tomatoes looked as good as they tasted. Service was great by Melanie. Highly recommend

Room Tip: We only ate dinner in the hotel, we stayed at the sister hotel the Mansion & it was wonderful...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is a very difficult review to write because I like many, wanted to love this hotel. There was really nothing so wrong with it that the establishment could change. We simply did not like the feel.
You are so warmly welcomed and the entrance and decor is certainly different but we always look for different, however, when you enter the hallway to go to your room we felt it was more like a dungeon -not poorly decorated, just dark and closed in. The thing that helped my outlook at first was I checked Tripadvisor and saw that others had rooms smaller and even darker than ours so I adjusted my attitude because I could not imagine having a room overlooking the parking lot without a terrance or river view. However, it was rather comical as I sat on the bed and my husband rolled the desk chair up to the terrace just to be able to look out while we rested from touring.
We felt having a terrance on the fourth floor was a good thing until the Saturday night noise, and we were not even in our room until almost 12a.m. We never heard the bar that we had been so warned to avoid, but we never read anything about the street traffic, cars and loud rowdy people until past 3. Fortunately we had a white noise app on our phone which we used the 2 nights we were there.
This is one of those hotels that each individual experience is so unique that I hesitate to even review it. We would not go back but perhaps you just have to experience it for yourself!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple