“Great hotel and great concierge recommendations!”

The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection
Ranked #29 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great hotel and great concierge recommendations!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The Bohemian is a new hotel and it sits on the river. We had an amazing view and the staff was incredibly helpful. They recommended a great cemetery tour and an amazing place to have dinner away from the hotel.

The hotel is built very well. We were concerned that with it being so centrally located noise would be an issue. It wasn't at all. The hotel looks more like a 5 star hotel in Italy than a quaint southern city and we were beyond impressed with the layout.

If you don't care for going out for dinner the hotel has a restaurant and bar in the hotel. The restaurant is on the river and the bar is on the roof. Its just an amazing place to stay all the way around.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Spent 4 nights here vacationing with my wife. The hotel was "special" Great artwork in the hallways, public spaces and in the room additional artwork in the form of very unusual fixtures. Had a corner riverfront room on the fifth floor. Could not have been quitter or more comfortable, including the sitting area overlooking the river. Had a nice time on the rooftop bar watching a beautiful sunset. Location was perfect. Only negative was that we were misdirected by the front office desk to their preferred trolley service; despite my specific request for a service that only one of the three give.

Jax, Fl
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Awesome waterfront hotel with live entertainment on a roof top bar. Basically an under 50 crowd on the rooftop but was fun being over 50 and hanging with the younger crowd. Walking distance to a ton of places to eat, drink, and shop. Beautiful river view. If you can reserve a corner room on the river, do it as the view is incredible. Extremely well staffed who were all very polite and very professional. Clean and eclectic.

Room Tip: try to get a corner room looking over the river
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife and I spent a wonderful early fall weekend at this extraordinary hotel. The staff was extremely attentive and courteous. Our 3rd floor corner room overlooking River Street and the Savannah River was clean and inviting upon our arrival. As nice as the room and hotel is, the extremely exotic "chandelier" hanging over the superbly firm and comfortable bed may not be to everyone's taste or liking. In short it looked a bit like a giant "spider" or "Crab" composed of clam and oyster shells. Also, the oil portrait hanging on the wall appears to be a man with a "tortured soul" with a ghost hovering over his left shoulder. I suppose that it is all in good fun and in consonance with Savannah's reputation as the most haunted city in the United States. The spacious roof top bar offers fabulous views of the river and the surrounding historical neighborhoods of Savannah. Truly a unique hotel that we whole heartedly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandbar C
Baltimore, MD USA
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My mom and I were heading to Savannah for a weekend girls trip. I was looking for a centrally located hotel that met my high standards for service, ambience, comfort, cleanliness with an interesting view. All the properties around Savannah looked tired and a little too authentically historic. I'm not a fan of the B&B experience which to me feels like living with strangers in my grandma's house. I settled on the Grand Bohemian and was not disappointed.

I enjoyed our riverfront room with balcony overlooking the bustling commercial Savannah river. Note: this is a working river with large container ships and industrial debris on the opposite shore. Some reviewers complained that it's not pretty, and if you're expecting something bucolic and blue a la a caribbean resort, you will be disappointed. This river is central to the local economy and always has been. Personally, I enjoyed that aspect and helped me put Savannah's history in perspective. The location can't be beat. You have the river and the historic district at your feet. Savannah is small enough that you can stay at one end and not have to really exert yourself to get to the other end. My mother is an active 69 and had no problems walking to Forsythe square and back, with lots of detours in between, and then doing the river walk that night.

The room itself is decorated in an eclectic and modern spanish style with great art that I enjoyed even if it's not how I would choose to decorate my own home. Beds were crazy comfortable. Bathroom was fine. Lighting was a little dim but it didn't bother me. I wasn't after a spa experience so there was no part of me that wanted or expected a tub. I think you can book a king room with a tub but this isn't standard so give them a call if you require this. Loved the little balcony and the view, though not every river view room has a balcony so if you require one you'll need to call and make sure you get one that does. TV took a few minutes to figure out but not such a big deal. If you're not technical, ask for help. They probably could have directions available, though. We stayed on the 4th floor, which is actually the main level. I'd heard that higher floors on the weekends can be a bit loud with the live music on the roof. I didn't hear anything from the roof. On our last night I was woken up by my neighbor's TV, though. Granted, it was blasting! Not even sure I can blame the hotel on that.

Service and check-in was great. Bell hops and desk attendants are personable and eager to help. We got in just an hour before the normal 4pm check in but we just went to roof top restaurant to eat while we waited for our room. Food and view were outstanding up there. They also gave us an hour late check out and held onto our bags for the day while we explored some more. We had breakfast at the hotel, which was tasty but nothing special. After looking for a place to eat along the river and seeing nothing tempting, we even returned to the hotel for dinner and drinks in the first floor restaurant one night and it was fantastic.

Overall, this hotel was perfect in every way for what we wanted our weekend to be: not a honeymoon, not a family vacation, not a spa, but a fun, active girls' weekend of shopping, eating and drinking in a quaint little city.

Room Tip: High floors can be loud on the weekends. Not every room has a balcony, so you might have to make you...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Lewis Center, Ohio
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I travelled here for a short getaway. He is typically the type of person that avoids boutique hotels and prefers more mainstream chains. I have to say, I think he was pleasantly surprised with this trip.

When we arrived, we parked our car at the nearby Whittaker St. garage and walked the block to the hotel. We assumed we would need easy access to our car with in/out abilities throughout the trip (we purchased a parking pass through the visitor's center - definitely check it out). We were wrong! This hotel is conveniently located near all of the sights we hoped to see (as well as the restaurants where we had dinner reservations).

We were given the option of 3rd floor room with balcony or 7th floor without. We chose to go higher and felt that was the correct decision after arriving at our room. The view was spectacular. Sure, you have less than stellar sights across the river, but the overall view of the river and the boats heading up and down was spectacular. The bridge is also gorgeous at night.

Our room was very clean, cozy, and inviting. While others have complained about the dim lighting, we thought it was perfect for the romantic feel we had hoped to have. Within about 20 minutes of checking in, we received a call from the front desk ensuring everything was up to our expectations.

Overall, the whole experience was up to our expectations and even exceeded them!

Room Tip: We had the option of a lower floor with balcony or higher floor without (both river view). We went w...
Suwanee, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our 25th wedding anniversary last week.10/7-10/8 2013. My husband is a life time platinum member and upon check in there were no river front rooms available, not one! Our room was very average, no tub I. The bathroom and a average to small size sleeping area. There wasn't a easy chair to even sit in, we sat on the bed or at the rigid desk chair. I was surprised that there wasn't a turn down service. I don't expect this from al hotels but when the rate is in the $300 range /night than I would think that freshening up would be a nice touch. My husband redeemed 80,000 points for a basic room. For that amount of point redemption we could have stayed at the ritz Carlton, and this was a FAR cry from the Ritz! Breakfast because of my husbands Statius came with a continental breakfast , priced at $14.00, when my husband asked if he could get a bowl of oatmeal instead that cost $8.00 they said "no" and said it was Marriott the company that manages them policy. I don't think so , when we have stayed at full service marriott's world wide my husband gets oatmeal. The next day they did move us to a river room and I was so looking forward to a bath, but no tub again. It was cool to see the freighters go up and down the river, however our view and that of the entire hotel as it is not a big hotel is of a storage dumping yard across the river, not appealing to look at what so ever. The lobby is small, really no place to sit other than two chairs right at the exit doors, we sat there while we waited for a shuttle to take us to their other property. The bell men were excellent, the checking was certainly not as welcoming as other hotels at this price point. Over all, no pool, hot tub, any real amenities are lacking other than a restaurant and bar. if you are able to get a good deal on a room go for it, I would not want to pay more that $150/night though. I have stayed n several other hotels i. That area, the full serve Marriott on the river , and the spring hill suites on Montgomery street , both are nice and far better value.

Room Tip: Boutique style hotel, I would only recommend if you could get a great price on a room. The experienc...
1 Thank Nancy M
Kurt E, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Nancy M,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your recent experience at Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront. I am very sorry to hear you found the experience disappointing.

We do offer Platinum members an upgrade if available upon arrival. We also take requests for rooms with a bath tub. While all of our rooms have luxurious showers, only a small number have the separate bath tub. I am sorry that neither were available upon your arrival.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service you received from our staff.

Please let us know if we can be of assistance on a future visit to Savannah and obtain the room features you prefer.

At your service,