“Outstanding room with a view!”

The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection
Ranked #29 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Philadelphia, PA
“Outstanding room with a view!”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a pit stop on our way to Florida. I wanted a nice enough hotel in a good location, but this was way more than that! First, the decor fit the hotel name - "bohemian" with an upscale flair. Great sized room (2 queen beds), a huge bathroom, and since we had a river view we had a nice balcony. The location can't be beat - right on the water with lots of great restaurants. And the staff was attentive - from Ann who checked us in, to the doorman who recommended a local spot for a quick bite, ending with Ray who brought our car to us. The crew is well-trained. All were friendly and focused on making sure we had what we needed. We will definitely be back for a longer stay!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank josied568

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed here in June 2010 for my first trip to Savannah. Little did I realize I was booking the BEST hotel in Savannah, as I later learned. The Bohemian is part of the Marriott Autograph Collection of hotels. Upon arrival there is a valet to park your vehicle and it just gets better from there. Rocks on the River is the top floor lounge facing the beautiful Savannah Riverfront and I highly recommend the Georgia Peach martini. Perfection.

Decor is wonderfully eclectic, service is top of the line. I'm so happy I splurged for this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Misha1972
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have stayed in several of the Kesseler Hotels and was not as happy with this one. The other locations have been top notch from check in to check out.
I book a 2 night stay a month and half before my stay and the morning of my arrival day, I emailed about a couple of things and no response from anyone. When I arrived around 7:30, I was checked in by a front desk guy that could not be bothered and did not share any information with me. My room was right next to the elevator and when I called down and asked if I could change rooms, I was told by the same guy there were no other rooms available. I was surprised that there was nothing else in the whole hotel and also asked about who returns emails, and his response was "what I was asking about was an upgrade and that's why my email was not returned." FYI, I can afford and would have paid for the upgrade.
My room was a corned room, which is great with lots of windows, but there was a smell of smoke in the room which everything I brought had a smoke smell when returning home. Its hard to swallow, after paying a hefty price for a room, having to send everything to the dry cleaner when returning home. Also, there was a large mirror hanging over the dresser that was so dusty that I wrote my name across it. After room service the next day, I decided to clean it myself. A bottle of champagne was sent to my room, I guess that's their way of smoothing over a not so good situation. Also, maybe the front desk guy needs a refresher course in customer service.

3 Thank Tommy G
Kurt E, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear TommyG,

Thank you for sharing your recent Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront experience with us. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience

This is definitely not the level of service we strive to provide and your comments have been shared with the team.

I would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back, and ensure you receive a true Bohemian experience. Please feel free to reach out to me to make your arrangements.

At your service,

Kurt Englund
Albany, NY
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stop in Savannah frequently on our way to Florida and have always stayed at the Bohemian because, besides being close to everything Savannah has to offer, it offers spacious rooms, many with wonderful views of the waterfront, a terrific restaurant that serves not only enormous portions for both breakfast and dinner but....the food is delicious as well. We came this time with a package deal that included breakfast and the price was right but, although it might be a bit costly, we love this place and will definitely return!

1 Thank sthomas0616
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed here recently to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The hotel is fabulous in every regard, and we will definitely be back. The valet experience is a little tricky since the driveway is minuscule, but once you understand how to pull in it's fine. The valet is like $25 and they actually park your car about a block away in a public garage that you could park in for $5...but you're not staying here because you're frugal! The check in experience is unlike any hotel I've been to - you actually sit down at a nice desk in the lobby to check in. The lady even made our dinner reservations for Rocks on the River for us right there on the spot. The lobby is beautiful and artistically decorated and even smells great. The bell captain was excellent. We stayed in a river view with King bed. The room was comfortable, quiet, and artfully decorated. A bottle of wine is waiting for you along with the great Kessler white bath robes. The bathroom is incredible and the shower is large enough to have a party in. Everything was extremely clean and well appointed. I love this hotel and will certainly be back! Thank you to the staff for making our anniversary get-away such a wonderful experience.

1 Thank AlcaTorda1
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Rocks on the roof.. Ask for Michelle.. She was awesome.. Manager Katie even ordered food from the restaurant for me!!! Cannot say enough about the staff at this hotel!! Made the trip enjoyable... Every member of the staff we ran into asked about our day and were very pleasant... Will come back here often!!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank MindyMar
Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Great view of the city at night.....saw some barges going through the river too. Food and drink are "ok" but the view makes it worth a visit! Went at dusk and got some very nice sunset photos...had snax and drinks, but cannot even remember what we ate/drank!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends