The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection
Ranked #29 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

The Bohemian is a great hotel! It's right on the river and near restaurants and shopping. The hotel has a great vibe with modern rooms. The only thing I wished it had was a bathtub- I didn't know when booking the room only had a shower. The hotel staff was very nice. I would stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank angeljoy222

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
Athens, GA
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is so amazing. Our first experience was with the staff that was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. The room was gorgeous, clean and spacious. I love the modern bathroom and all the amenities. I could not be more pleased with this hotel and will stay here every time I return to Savannah - unless I decide to try its sister hotel Mansion on Forsyth Park.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Athenstraveler40
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Here you definitely pay more for location than amenities. Be aware...there is no pool! The rooms are a decent size, but sparsely decorated which seemed very awkward and made them not as inviting as it's sister hotel The Mansion on Forsyth. The miniscule 32" LCD TV on the wall didn't help at all either. I stayed in a double bed on the front facing Bay Street and the view from the 6th floor was awesome.

The overall hotel décor was very tasteful tho, it kind of reminded me of a luxury pirate cruise ship with the jeweled sconces and velvet curtains and tiny hallways!

Food was not too bad. There is a decent American-type cuisine restaurant attached to the hotel that offered room service. The dinner was actually pretty good, but definitely not what I expected from this caliber of hotel/restaurant. And for the price! Portions were very small. For an 8" pizza, peach cobbler, ice cream and water, the total was 50 bucks! Luckily there are great places to eat in walking distance of the hotel.

The staff at this place was the best I've seen in a long time. They had all clearly undergone extensive customer service training. Even the valet were extremely courteous. The only bad experience here was probably not fault of the hotel, but definitely needs to be noted. There is another restaurant on the roof. For some reason, someone or something spewed dirty water onto the cars pulled in front of the hotel from on the roof. This left very noticeable spots on my car right after I had it washed. I mentioned it to one of the doormen but he wrote it off as rain. I could have pressed the issue but I didn't.

Overall this was a great stay. I really enjoyed myself and this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay on the 5th floor or higher! Lobby is on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Majovero
Middleburg, Florida, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had a tremendous view and room. Make sure you ask for a river view. We were up on the 8th floor corner room and had an excellent view of the river, the port and the river walk below. The rooms are just so different. Since we were on a corner we did not have any outside access but we had a separate dining or office space with these drapes that were crushed velvet, 2 sets of them to close of that space and then if you wanted privacy in the bath area. The bed was comfy and was flanked by some very unique art and an oyster shell chandelier overhead. We also had oyster shell sconces in the bathroom. Made it look very gothicy with the crushed velvet drapes and they were on a switch that could be left on in the night as a nightlight. May not be everyone's style but we liked it. The toilet area is a frosted door and we could look outside to the river. The shower is also a frosted door and is rather big. The counter top was nice and the basin was recessed which made it even nicer. The stand was hand carved wood and was very spectacular. The chairs in our dining area were lovely leather and wood. We had a nice throw over the bed and came in handy since it was so dang cold out. Very quiet. When we checked in the young lady warned us that we were right below the River Rocks lounge area on the 9th floor (we were on the 8th) and that the band would play until 1. We could not hear a thing. There are separate elevators for those just going to the lounge area and you need a room key to operate the other elevators. The hotel is very eclectic, hence the name. My only really one complaint is that the lighting in our room was dark. The art work is different throughout the hotel. The decor is not like anything you have seen. The leather chair in the lobby area was nice. Parking does not exist, so you can either valet it for $25 or get lucky and get a street spot which is free on the weekends. The staff was very attentive. The drink prices were average. The food was good but overpriced (to me). Fries with truffle oil and parmesan cheese were really good! The rooms were quiet. The bed was comfy. They have a Bose radio. TV, wifi, internet on the TV. No tub (did not care)! The robes were nice to lounge in as well. You can walk anywhere from this location. Enjoy! The last thing I liked was the interesting use of stones and wire to accent the hallway ceilings and windows, again a very different feel.

Room Tip: Ask for the river view and corner if they have it. Otherwise, river view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cynthia B
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a pit stop on our way to Florida. I wanted a nice enough hotel in a good location, but this was way more than that! First, the decor fit the hotel name - "bohemian" with an upscale flair. Great sized room (2 queen beds), a huge bathroom, and since we had a river view we had a nice balcony. The location can't be beat - right on the water with lots of great restaurants. And the staff was attentive - from Ann who checked us in, to the doorman who recommended a local spot for a quick bite, ending with Ray who brought our car to us. The crew is well-trained. All were friendly and focused on making sure we had what we needed. We will definitely be back for a longer stay!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank josied568
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed here in June 2010 for my first trip to Savannah. Little did I realize I was booking the BEST hotel in Savannah, as I later learned. The Bohemian is part of the Marriott Autograph Collection of hotels. Upon arrival there is a valet to park your vehicle and it just gets better from there. Rocks on the River is the top floor lounge facing the beautiful Savannah Riverfront and I highly recommend the Georgia Peach martini. Perfection.

Decor is wonderfully eclectic, service is top of the line. I'm so happy I splurged for this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Misha1972
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have stayed in several of the Kesseler Hotels and was not as happy with this one. The other locations have been top notch from check in to check out.
I book a 2 night stay a month and half before my stay and the morning of my arrival day, I emailed about a couple of things and no response from anyone. When I arrived around 7:30, I was checked in by a front desk guy that could not be bothered and did not share any information with me. My room was right next to the elevator and when I called down and asked if I could change rooms, I was told by the same guy there were no other rooms available. I was surprised that there was nothing else in the whole hotel and also asked about who returns emails, and his response was "what I was asking about was an upgrade and that's why my email was not returned." FYI, I can afford and would have paid for the upgrade.
My room was a corned room, which is great with lots of windows, but there was a smell of smoke in the room which everything I brought had a smoke smell when returning home. Its hard to swallow, after paying a hefty price for a room, having to send everything to the dry cleaner when returning home. Also, there was a large mirror hanging over the dresser that was so dusty that I wrote my name across it. After room service the next day, I decided to clean it myself. A bottle of champagne was sent to my room, I guess that's their way of smoothing over a not so good situation. Also, maybe the front desk guy needs a refresher course in customer service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tommy G
Kurt E, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear TommyG,

Thank you for sharing your recent Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront experience with us. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience

This is definitely not the level of service we strive to provide and your comments have been shared with the team.

I would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back, and ensure you receive a true Bohemian experience. Please feel free to reach out to me to make your arrangements.

At your service,