“Price reflects location”

Ranked #29 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Claremont, California
“Price reflects location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

After moving here from The Mansion, I was looking forward to a more upscale hotel. The hotel itself is nice,clean and the staff is very friendly. The rooms are small. Many only have showers not baths. Ice machine is on every other floor. TV is difficult to use and does not offer movie rentals. The rooftop is a plus and the downstairs restaurant and bar is fine. Wine selection is limited.

Offers few Double queen beds. Rooms do not have all the extras we like. No I would not select this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cbhine
Kurt E, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear cbhine,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences from your recent stay with us. Feedback like yours helps us improve day after day.

While I am pleased you enjoyed the staff service, I am sorry the rooms did not have all of the extras you like.

We would like the opportunity to see if we could exceed your expectations on your next visit to Savannah. Please feel free to reach out to me if we can help make your arrangements.

Regards,

Kurt Englund

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is situated on the Riverfront making it very convenient to all the neat shops along the river. We found it a very good location to walk to all the different parks in the area. The interior of the hotel was decorated very differently than anything I had ever seen before...exquisite...hip. I was in awe of the décor every time I entered the hotel. The rooms were very nicely done and the beds were extremely comfortable. Full floor to ceiling French doors opened out to a balcony that overlooked the river. Staff was friendly and accommodating. There is no parking at the hotel but valet just took our car and parked it and we didn't need it for the five days we were there because everything was within walking distance. Roof Top bar was awesome with friendly staff. Would definitely return to Savannah and to this hotel. We had a fabulous time in Savannah...people are so friendly

Room Tip: The rooms with the balconies overlooking the river.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel has great riverfront location but has little room for valet parking. There is a garage about a block away. When arrived the driveway was funk, but valet did a good job helping us park in the street and go in the hotel. Had to prepay to get the best available rate, still expensive IMHO paid for riverfront one room on 8th floor (810) had a small balcony the on the main floor right next to lobby (406) did not have balcony just a large window. A few minor problems door handle came off on balcony and towel rack in shower loose. They never cleaned my room (810) on Saturday and I was gone most of the day. Bathrooms are large. Beds are comfortable no kings available. Booked room 3 months in advance and still had to have separate floors and only 1 room on a higher floor. Was warned at check in about 8th floor is just below rocks on the roof public bar that has live music until. But it was not too loud in 810. The bar mentioned before is a public bar and has a large crowd and high end cocktails but was understaffed with waitress had to wait on tapas and drink flights.
Overall I might stay at Hyatt next time

Room Tip: River view is the best
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank J W
Kurt E, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear JW,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your overall experience, and do hope that you will give us a chance to welcome you back on your next visit to Savannah.

There are many factors that contribute to our guest room assignments, and while we do try to accommodate each of our guests’ requests, it can be sometimes be difficult to achieve this goal. I am sorry that you were displeased with your room placement, and apologize for the troubles noted in your room. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention so that we may address them.

Once again we would like to apologize for your displeasure, and hope that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves in the future.

Regards,

Rangerarmywife1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

To avoid being long winded I will keep my review short and simple because there are so many good things I could say but it would go on far more than the 200 words I'm allowed on here! LOL My husband recently returned from Afghanistan, it was our anniversary, and Fathers Day so I chose this hotel as a wonderful surprise for him! THIS WAS THE BEST CHOICE! First off the hotel front area manager, Jeremy is the EPITOME of hotel management! He made sure we had everything we needed and worked with me to make this stay perfect! Without him, his assistance, exceptional service, and kindness, I do not know what I would have done! Beautiful hotel-beautiful decor for hip and exquisite taste! Welcoming, edgy, and in a great location, perfect view, room, and environment!! 10 stars to this hotel! We will return! THANK YOU JEREMY!!!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rangerarmywife1
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel has the most dreadful interior decoration of any hotel we have ever stayed in anywhere in the world. While our room had comfortable beds, and the hotel is well-located, I wish we had booked elsewhere in this charming Southern city. The expensive two-doubles
room--with a narrow balcony (with no chairs) overlooking the river--had nowhere for us to sit, except a desk chair whose faux-snakeskin upholstery was wearing at all four corners. There was a bench-like piece of furniture we had to use as a luggage rack. The carpet looked like it was dirty and in need of cleaning, but closer inspection determined that this was just another of the interior decorator's poor design choices. The bathroom was served by heavy wooden double doors, as well as a frosted glass door to the commode, and another frosted glass door to the shower. But these doors kept getting in the way of each other every time you turned around. About six extra feet of coiled wires hung down below the wall-mounted TV, looking like some amateur hung it in a Motel Six somewhere in Kansas. There was no business news channel, such as CNBC, on the cable TV. The front desk staff doubles as the concierge service, and while they can check you in, some of them know nothing about the city. One of them warned us off Elizabeth's, one of the finest places to eat in the city, by saying we would have to dress to the nines to go there (absolutely untrue) and that the portions were small (falsehood again!). Another had to consult the website to tell us the location of the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, a major tourist destination located on one of the town's many charming squares. The restaurant downstairs offered a satisfactory breakfast. The rooftop bar has a high vibe. Good bellmen.

Room Tip: Our room had a balcony overlooking the river, but the humongous Hyatt nearby blocked a complete view...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John B
Kurt E, General Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear John B,

Thank you for sharing your experiences of your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the décor of the hotel.

While the design is contemporary with a vintage allure, we also feature unique artful touches such as the oyster chandelier, and other works of original art.

I apologize the concierge suggestions were not insightful. All of your feedback has been shared with the team. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know.

We would enjoy the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Savannah and give us another opportunity. Please let me know if I could be of assistance in making any arrangements.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I visited this hotel to actually have dinner in the restaurant downstairs, but with the surprise of getting engaged in the lobby in front of our parents, my now fiance and I could not have been more thrilled with the kindness that Sydney Collins showed us. She found out what happened and after giving us some time, she approached us and was beyond thrilled for perfect strangers to be engaged. She realized we were having dinner there and promptly got us a better table and everyone received complimentary champagne. We even came back by the next night and Sydney was there and she was still so sweet to us. I felt like I made a new best friend. Needless to say, my fiance and I have already talked about how we will have to come back and stay at the hotel ... all thanks to Sydney. She made our night that much more special. She is a true treasure to the hotel just with her genuine caring nature.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jbowin
Jeremy B, Front Office Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear jbowin,

I want to thank you for such kind words in regards to Sydney and your interactions with her.

I am glad that you enjoyed your time in the hotel and congratulations in regards to your recent engagement.

I hope that we do indeed see you again in the near future.

Jeremy B
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

When we walked in our room music was playing and it only got better. We loved the unique decor. The room was very clean. The staff was very friendly! We enjoyed the rooftop bar the afternoon we got there. Unfortunately we couldn't stay up late enough for a night cap because we were too tired from our daily adventures but we were on the 8th floor and we were not bothered by any noise from above. The only thing we missed was a refrigerator but the room was go great otherwise that we could overlook this.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple