“Worst Hotel I have ever been to.”
Review of Scottish Inns

Scottish Inns
Ranked #109 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Spring Lake Park, Minnesota
“Worst Hotel I have ever been to.”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The prices were horrible for even the type of room they give you. If you want the $29.99 deal those are rooms with no air or heat, tv or fridge. The floors were stained, the towels were stained, there was cuts on the bedding/sheets along with stains, the bathroom was not clean, handles/coat racks were falling apart, lights did not work, my door did not shut all the way. I did not feel safe in this hotel. I had brought a sheet on my trip so I took that and laid it across the dirty bed. It was a horrible experience and I will never in my entire life go back. If the hotel lets you check the hotel room, walk away.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank JKrantz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
cambridge, ohio
Reviewed 20 July 2011

When registering the clerk hand wrote the price on a piece of paper, I assumed to eliminate any language/accent barriers. I was then handed the key and told to check the TV and air conditioning in the room. I did, quickly looking around. Went back, Ok'd it, and was charged $10 over the price on the paper. The clerk said I was mistaken! I stayed because we were exhausted. What I did not see when quickly looking around was the absolutely filthy bathroom, moldy wall, gray linens, etc. We slept in our clothes, on top of the bedspreads and did not use the shower!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank angelrd100

Travellers are raving about these Savannah hotels

West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2010

Awfull experience, unclean linens & generally dirty room.
Having just pulled off the I95 after a long drive we were tempted by the illuminated sign advertising cheap accomadation-we should have know better!
My wife still shudders at the thought of the roach found in our toddlers bed!

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank fordwater
RICHMOND
Reviewed 21 September 2010

if you like sleeping with roachs we check out at 1030pm check in am left room came back evening showered wife went to bed i turned out lites left television on i was sitting in chair watching T V i notice something on bed it was roaches every where woke wife up and checked out they would not refund moneys for room.next day i notified local health department BEWARE

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 010356
usa
Reviewed 20 January 2010

This property may have recently been a Rodeway Inn and has, apparently, changed ownership and changed its affiliation. It shares a parking lot with an Econolodge and a Perkins restaurant, and since they're painted the same colors, it's easy to confuse where one property ends and the other begins.

The location is convenient for Interstate travelers and there are a number of restaurants within walking distance.

The room rate was excellent but the property is substandard and should be avoided until it is brought up to minimum hospitality standards.

When I called and verified a coupon rate, it was confirmed. When I arrived, that rate, displayed on a large sign out front (no coupon required) was also confirmed. When I was handed my credit card slip to sign, it was higher. The desk clerk only repeated, "That's what's in the computer for that room." and made no effort to correct it. Every time I asked him to explain the difference between what, not 5 minutes earlier he had quoted and what he put on the charge slip, he merely repeated , "That's what's in the computer for that room.". I was tired, I was getting nowhere, and it was a minor amount, so I let it go. For that one experience, I wouldn't stay here again.

My room was dirty (bits of debris on the floor, hair in the bathroom sink, food spatters in the microwave) and it was in need of repair (bathroom door had no doorknob, only a hole where one was supposed to be, the commode seat was cracked all the way across).

The deadbolt on my entry door would not lock, but the chain lock was in working order.

The heater/air conditioner had two knobs with no decals or markings to indicate what either was for. I guessed at a workable position for both knobs and the unit worked satisfactorily through the night.

The wireless internet did not work. When I reported it, some effort was made to reset it but it still did not work.

While taking my shower the next morning, I ran out of hot water.

On a positive note, the property is headed in the right direction. My furnishings appeared if not new, nearly so, and the room contained a refrigerator, microwave, iron & ironing board, coffee maker, and a very comfortable bed with clean linens.

I suggest to the owners that more attention be paid to cleaning the rooms, learning to change rates in their computer system, and quickly repairing the deficiencies in the rooms. Until then, I cannot recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo