“BED BUGS!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Scottish Inns
Ranked #108 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
“BED BUGS!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

After traveling all day with my husband and three small children we finally decided to sleep at around 12:30. We stopped at several establishments only to find that there were no rooms until we found this horrible place. I was impressed by the price however you get what you pay for. My husband, my eight month old son and I slept in the bed with out any covers because the blankets and linens were full of wholes. My other two children slept in the bed on top of the covers with there own blankets because there bed didn't have any linens or quilt just the bed cover. When i told the lady in the office she said she did not give refunds so we were stuck there. Long story short when we woke up this morning my baby husband and i had been bitten up by something. When we got back home to SC my little man had over 30 welts on his belly and neck. I took him to the er thinking it was possibly hives. I have welts on my arms and back and was seen at the er with my baby. The Dr asked if we had stayed in any hotels because what we had were bed bug bites. This place should be condemned.

• Stayed April 2013
7 Thank lebiedz5

Altamura, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

Dirty, period.

If you have your own sleeping bag, you could consider staying there due to the low price.

The location isn't bad and the owners are friendly.

With 10 more bucks it's possible to get better rooms elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank hotelsvevia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

Location: right by the highway and Perkins Restaurant. Friendly staff. Room cleanliness: disgusting. Lots of mold in the bathroom vent, mouse dropping in bed sheets, dripping shower. The room is huge, but it's like a big botched up patch job of cheap fixes.

• Stayed October 2012
St. Augustine, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

Having been awake and driving for hours already, I was exhausted and without inhibitions, so I initially thought nothing of the fact that after the clerk had my card in hand she said no refunds. Paid the $45 for the room, not expecting anything fancy by any means, but at least clean (just as one doesn't expect fine dining at mcdonald's, you'd still expect general cleanliness.) The room was disgusting, cigarette burns in the sheets, poor lighting, mold on the tub/shower, broken air conditioning (which leant itself to a musty, humid environment.) Beware of this place, you're better throwing up a tent at a campground. I'm surprised they haven't been shut down.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank fldrifter14
South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

First off my husband and I ended up having to switch rooms from the first one we were given. When we walked into the first room I knew automatically by the fact that the air conditioning unit was falling apart and that the wires and the silver outlet box were showing underneath it that this room was not for me(fire hazard i think). Then when I saw the entertainment stand with the door falling off, the walls with holes in the where the iron holder was supposed to be, an unknown black stain under the sink, the wires hanging from the ceiling where the smoke detector was supposed to be (think this is not keeping up with fire safety codes), no door at all going into the bathroom, the sheets were disgusting and the covers didn't fit and they had holes, the towels had stains on them like they had never been washed.My husband complained and the lady made it seem like we knew the room looked this way and said they were not refunding our money but we could get another room. To no avail this room was just as disgusting as the first one except this time we had a door to the bathroom but it didn't have a door knob. To top it all off the sheets were still disgusting so we slept on top of the covers fully dressed with one our shirts on top of the pillows so our skin would not touch them. The funny and sad thing is that the lady was shocked when she asked my husband if that room was better and he told her no it was actually just as bad as the first one and that we were never coming back, she told him that she could not believe he would say that about her rooms.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank 923amandas
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

It was a quick stopover en route - very clean, very inexpensive with a discount coupon from "motel saver" booklet - the only small inconveniences were finding an electrical outlet for my laptop - finally moved the table and used the one near the wash basin - and no milk or cream for the morning coffee - only that awful powdered "creamer". Good, fast wi-fi internet - Denny's restaurant right next door.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

The entire hotel is DISGUSTING bad roach problem and needs to be shut down !!!! My boyfriend decided to stay there because of the price and the location . It was only for one night so after getting in the room and we started looking around the towels , bed , tub EVERYTHING was FILTHY ! It smells I wouldnt let my dog stay there . At the check-in her words were " NO REFUNDS " I shouldve told him to turn around then.. After seeing the room I went back to the office and complained on the room so then he showed us another room which was even worst so I ask could I just pay the difference for a better room since all the 29.99 room where ridiculous . After walking us around to several other rooms I just told him just not to worry about the refund we will just go some where else im NOT exaggeratin its very NASTY and FILTHY ! SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY.

• Stayed February 2012