My wife and I stay at Hampton Inn a great deal, and this hotel is typical of the brand.
The hotel is a good location, but you will have to drive to see central Savannah and the historical parts, but if all you need is that overnight stop on route to Florida, or heading back up North, this is as good as any sub $100 a night place gets.
We opted for a King Room with a Whirlpool bath, and got a good deal by paying in advanced. $89 for the night, which we would have normally paid for a standard room.
The added space and the ability to soak in the bubbles is just what you need after a days drive. The large two person jacuzzi is in the main bedroom, and sits in a mirrored corner across from the bed. Extra towels are provided for the jacuzzi.
The check in staff are very friendly. Only two baggage carts are in the hotel, so if it's busy on check in/out day, you may have a long wait, to have to carry everything.
The bathroom as usual was large, clean, and well equipped, and the two person shower is excellent, although the shower head in ours was ready for changing, but this was minor.
The room was very clean with a good comfortable bed, and extra pillows and towels had been provided as requested when booking. Modern wide screen TV with the usual choices of channels.
No in room fridge, and unfortunately no in room safe, so take the valuable with you. Savannah has a very high crime rate.
Parking is free and plentiful, which any visitor to Savannah needs to bear in mind, as the more central hotels charge a daily fee for parking ranging from $10-$17 a night! Do remember you are a 10 minute drive to the center of town.
The one low point to this hotel is breakfast. Yes it’s free, and you wouldn’t want to pay for it! Skip the free food and head to the local drive thru for a biscuit!
The two cooked options they offered are overcooked and nasty tasting, and the toaster takes so long to brown bread, or heat up a bagel, that it’ll be lunchtime before your turn in the line comes round. Why can’t hotels simply purchase a commercial grade toaster (catering managers take note) and not a $20 Wallmart special!
The Orange juice is simply vile, and was almost enough to signal to breakfast to return, and is probably powdered concentrate. Just don’t drink it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savannah/Midtown hotel is where you want to stay. Ideally situated in Midtown Savannah, our hotel is located only three miles from the historic district and within walking distance of many fashionable retailers and well-known restaurants. Ask our Concierge to make reservations and recommendations for Savannah's area attractions. Our hotel offers four flexible event rooms able to accommodate up to 200 guests. Let our expert catering and events team take care of the details, including a personalized menu for your occasion from our celebrated executive chef. Spacious, welcoming and clean guest rooms await your arrival at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown. We offer hotel-style comfort with a range of home-like amenities including a 37-inch LCD TV with high definition channels and free WiFi. Stretch out in one of our spacious studio suites with additional amenities including a wet bar, microwave, refrigerator and sleeper sofa. These oversized rooms are 50% larger than a standard guest room, a great way to upgrade your stay. Start the day off right with Hampton's free hot breakfast, featuring a range of delicious hot options including fresh waffles and oatmeal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown Hotel Savannah
- Hampton Inn And Suites Savannah Midtown