“Great Staff, Nice, Clean”

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown
Ranked #31 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Staff, Nice, Clean”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Really nice stay... front desk and housekeeping were terrific, very helpful and genuine. The room, pool and hotel were very clean. Hard to ask for anything more at the rate we paid. Close to downtown, just a 10 minute quick drive. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Have stayed downtown on previous visits at Springhill Suites but paid a lot for parking and sometimes had to put up with decent but noisy crowds and crowded buffet breakfasts. Hampton Inn has free, covered parking (2 levels, top level is open air), and better appointed facilities. The breakfast buffet area is neat, comfortable, and inviting. Food is fairly standard but good. Regular, Decaf, and Robust coffee choices are available, plus a variety of teas, juices, etc.The Robust coffee seemed better than average. The rooms are nice and the bathroom is particularly well organized. Free WiFi in the room is nice. The hotel is easy to find directly behind the Hilton Garden Inn, and only about 10-15 minutes from the heart of downtown. A Bonefish Grille and shopping center is within a block, easy walking distance. A CVS pharmacy is a block further away. Recommended for a peaceful place to stay at reasonable prices. We will stay here again!!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, a couple doors down from the elevator and heard nothing. A quality chain...
1 Thank Tanon1
Seven Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This Hampton Inn was truly a breath of fresh air after experiencing a bad night at a hotel just down the road. Anyha went over and beyond to help us get a good rate for our remaining 4 nights. She was genuinely interested in our comfort and satisfaction. Anyha is a great asset to the Hampton staff! This hotel is very clean, no foul odors, quiet and comfy beds!! Coffee is great, nice breakfast! We felt safe in the area as well!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

2 Thank 714NCTraveler
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. It did the trick. Room was clean and I remember the towels being really soft. Front desk was very friendly during check in and out. Great location. Great hotel breakfast was average. But it was free so I can't complain. Would stay here again

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Savannah, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The staff was very courteous, especially the hotel Manager. He provided directions around the town of Savannah. Another employee helped me find the local Wal-Mart. I so appreciated all their help & effort. The front desk staff were always pleasant & kind. My family has a funeral on Monday and our family reunion on Friday so we were all a little on edge & frazzled. Since we had a family reunion there, we saw & interacted quite a bit with a number of the employees. During our banquet night a few stopped in to make sure everything was ok, they looked like they wanted to join the party too, we did invite them to stay but understood that they couldn't. The engineer of the equipment Peter or Paul was also super helpful and very much an asset to my group. All in all it was a great experience. My only constructive criticism would be to do your breakfast a little different, there was some line congestion with the amount of people & the offerings. Some people wound up having to wait a bit for some items, that can make someone not want to eat if they have half of plate of food. i.e. meat, potatoes, but waiting on eggs. By the time they come, you may not want them anymore, & no one want to eat cold food(meaning the other two items on the plate). My other constructive criticism would be to have the housekeepers thoroughly check the beds when they are cleaning. I accidentally spilled coffee on the bed sheets, when I came back to the room after housekeeping I noticed the bed sheets were still dirty, so I called to have them changed. The housekeeper arrived with a fresh pair from her cart, and noticed that the new sheets had some sort of deep/bright red stain on them. She went back out & got another set which appeared to be clean and used them. So I would advise to make sure all sheets are thoroughly washed, cleaned, & examined before placing them on the cart for use. Otherwise, I'll I had a great stay, that little mis-step doesn't take away from my overall experience at all. I'll chop that up to normal hotel incidents. Thanks for making my stay great & my family reunion wonderful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Waycross, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Have stayed here several times before and always keep coming back due to the convenient location. Its always very clean and comfy. The morning breakfast is very good also. Only problem I can say is the parking situation. The garage fills up fast but is WELL lit at night. I would highly recommend staying here and will definitely stay again!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jackie S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your recommendation. We're glad to hear you consistently find the property to be convenient, clean and comfy! Thank you, once again, for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was a really great hotel, way above my expectations. Really clean and the service was fast. This houseman named Jay-ce was extremely helpful in making sure my stay excellent. Would def recommend.

Room Tip: Make sure Jay-ce is your houseman!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo