“Hampton Inn Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown
Ranked #30 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. The quality of this hotel is excellent. The staff were very professional. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. I truly enjoyed my stay at the Hamptons. Sometime in the future I will be returning.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We enjoyed having our family reunion at this hotel. From start to finish it was a great experience. The sales staff set the tone by being very responsive and helpful. Megan Rowe went above and beyond in making sure our rooms and banquet facilities were as we desired. She was so easy to work with and came across as really wanting to help. Once we arrived at the hotel, Anhya at the front desk was very warm and attentive. She also went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. Last but not least, the catering staff were great and the food was outstanding!!! I would highly recommend this Hampton Inn for being a great place to stay if you are in Savannah. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shelia R
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Average or slightly below average for me...
Courteous staff , but one guy at the front desk referred to me as "man' as in "I can help you Man!". But others at front desk were helpful giving good advice to park in historic district ( at Whitaker St garage).
Buffet breakfast was average , but it was free , coffee was horrendous. Ran over to Starbucks ASAP.
Room also was average , renovated bathroom with strong water pressure shower is a plus. Wifi easy to use , tv & remote functional. Bed was comfortable with nice pillows also a plus.
Now for the bad news of the room , carpet was very old , off putting pale orange and I did see a bug ( I think they call them Palmetto bugs here , I call it a roach). There also was a faint smell of bug spray in the room.
It was quiet in the room , so sleep was not as issue.
Parking was a hassle , with a small 3 level garage but I was able to find a spot both nights I stayed here.
There is a small shopping plaza across the road with a Starbucks and Publix.

The room filled my needs and was fairly reasonably priced.
I needed to be in that part of Savannah , but next time I will spend a few extra bucks and stay in the Historic District.

Room Tip: It was quiet on the top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dbth
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I am a Hampton Inn loyalist, through and through, sometimes I will drive an extra 30-40 miles just to get to a Hampton Inn... It's where I stay. I am a Diamond Honors member.

Well, Last night I experienced FIRST CLASS Hamptonality- I was greeted upon arrival by Anyha. She is the nicest and most courteous host I have encountered this year. She immediately greeted me as a diamond member, and asked me if I "really" needed two queens (which I reserved) and I said "kind of, what are you thinking" and she said that she was considering trying to upgrade me to a King Suite. Well, I jumped on that, and said "YES, PLEASE". I told her the reason that I liked the two queens is that I get more pillows, so she had them take two additional pillows to the room. I don't EVER "expect" an upgrade, and it is ALWAYS a mush appreciated benefit of being a Diamond Member when it happens. Trust me, it just reinforces my loyalty to Hampton.

The property was perfect, adjacent a Garden Inn of the same ownership group, and there was a lot of helpful staff. The room was spotless, and comfortable and quiet. I have nothing bad to say.

I have to say, with the way I was treated upon arrival, I will make this Hampton my Savannah stopping point. It has little to nothing to do with the upgrade but has EVERYTHING to do with the staff, especially Anyha. Thanks for the great welcome! #hamptonality

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank trukselr
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Everything was perfect. High quality, clean, new, internet and parking free, vgood breakfast. And thanks Ana for your help, the kids loved you ! It was 15 min far from Riverside, that was the only thing to note.
I really appreciated the willigness of the staff to make every visitor happy with the experience.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had our family reunion in Savannah and stayed here. It was great. There were at least two other reunions there so it was a little crowded but it was a pleasant experience. The hotel catered the reunion and it was superb. Overall, the reunion was good and the hotel staff was very helpful, pleasant, and professional.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Wonderful place to stay! My husband and I spent 5 nights here in July. The location was is near the historic area but not so close that you pay a premium price. Everyone from the desk clerk to the breakfast attendant to the daily housekeeper was very helpful and friendly. Very clean and comfortable room! I'm extremely picky about the cleanliness of hotel rooms and this one was spotless! The shower and whirlpool tub were spot-free. The bathroom was very clean including the floor (no hair). Comfortable bed. Quiet room. Stain-free carpet. No offensive odors.
This Hampton Inn is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple