“Still a very nice hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah/Midtown
Ranked #30 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed here once before. The hotel remains very nice, clean and convenient. Staff were polite and helpful. Convenient location, close to shopping and not far from the historic district without the price of the historic district.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,397)

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is a fairly new hotel. We stayed in a king suite and it was WONDERFUL! Beautiful, clean, comfortable and quite lovely. A large suite with jetted tub, separate large shower, private water closet, lovely kitchen/bar, nice living room and very nice bedroom. ALL linens have been laundered prior to our visit - which is not only very reassuring but very comforting! Staff was nice, too. I missed the breakfast, as I slept, but my husband said it was quite nice. Also, how great is it to be able to check out at NOON and not 11:00 AM!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JasperCharly
Reviewed 20 August 2014

First item was we found two hotels and unless you are careful, you may end up at the wrong hotel. Both the Hampton and Hilton Garden Inn share the same garage Free parking only 10 minutes from downtown. Their signs are a little confusing, but they are right next to each other. We arrived at 3:30 pm and the check in time is 3:00 but the rooms would not be ready until past 4 pm. I had to suggest that they give us two other rooms and they were available. I felt that the staff should have been well trained to offer this themselves rather than my suggesting this. They were pleasant and did everything to please us. They suggested refrigerators for the rooms and provided them. This was much appreciated as the weather in Savannah is humid and hot during August. Our room was a very poor layout in my opinion, as when you wash your hands there is not a convenient location for the towel. You have to go around the wall to hang it over the toilet. There was no hand soap just one bar of bath soap. We could have called down, but used it for both. Towels were limited to two of each and although there was only two of us they should have had a back up. The room was kept clean . On the last day, I received my room charges under my door, but I had booked two rooms and both should have been on my account. Instead my guests had the bill slipped under their room with my credit information and my name . Then at 8:30 am there came a knock at my door asking if I was checking out today and I said in my bathrobe that I will be leaving by 11 am the designated check out time. They knew I was checking out but I do not feel you should have housekeeping knocking on your door at 8:30 am, as I could have been sleeping. My reservation said I was checking out and this is confusing.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We were vacationing in Savannah and wanted a central location to the sites we would be visiting. This hotel is an easy 10-15 minute drive to downtown Savannah and an easy 20 minute drive to Tybee Island. It is convenient to any needs you may have. A Publix grocery store, Starbucks, Bonefish Grill, Five Guys, etc. are located across the street (a 4 lane highway). There is a crosswalk or you can drive over if you don't feel safe walking. There is a CVS and multiple fast food restaurants as well as a mall down the street. The hotel has a parking garage which was convenient, a nice indoor pool, and a small fitness room. The breakfast was average - not as good as other free breakfasts we've had. They do have 2 waffle makers if you enjoy those. Only suites contain microwaves and fridges but you can ask for one or the other at no cost if you'd like. Cons to this hotel were that we were consistently given only 3 towels for a room with 4 people, there was no shower curtain when we arrived, and the breakfast was not great. Pros are that there were plenty of mirrors for our family with two teenage girls to get ready each day, it had two outlets and lots of counter space in the bathroom, there were USB outlets in the lamps so everyone had a place to charge their devices, and it was conveniently located.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor and found it to be very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rsllhiggins
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Almost a replica of my previous hotel (another Hampton Inn), making it another standard for the chain. The room don’t include a fridge but you can ask for one in case you need.
Very friendly customer service from the clerk during check in, clean rooms and next door to a little plaza (other side of the street) where you’ll find places to eat and even drink a decent wine. The neighbor Hilton also offers a lunch buffet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I'm 74 yrs old, I totally forgot my Honors acct. #, my pin # and my name didn't come up on the computer! Anyha at Hampton Inn in Savannah Midtown was extremly patient with me and spent 20 minutes or more straightening the whole mess out! What a fantastic employee! John O'Donnell Los Angeles,CA

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john o
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. The quality of this hotel is excellent. The staff were very professional. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. I truly enjoyed my stay at the Hamptons. Sometime in the future I will be returning.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton