“Won't stay here again”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport
Ranked #18 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We are Hilton Diamond members and reserved this hotel months ago, supposedly a non-smoking room. Our room smelled so horrible so we called the front desk. Their response was , "Oh, well, you are next to a smoking room so it's just the ventilation system." She would not move us. My bronchitis became so bad that I had to call my doctor and have him call me in a prescription for another nebulizer. We ended up staying out of the room except to sleep, rather than enjoying our evenings in the hotel. We checked out at 7:00 this morning and I have already a called my doctor - again. I advised the lady at checkout of our problems (now the 3rd person we notified) and her response was an "oh well." Why didn't we check out? We had business in the area all weekend and there were no other hotels available. We've been loyal to Hilton for many years, but many it is time to reconsider. This was total disregard for the customer.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank SuzanneM221
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

I am very sorry to hear you did not receive our usual high standard of customer service and were not pleased with our hotel. We do always try to meet the needs of every guest in the hotel, but at times our flexibility is limited and we run out of options. Apparently this was one of those times. We were sold-out this weekend and had absolutely no flexibility in re-assigning rooms. I am disappointed to hear that our staff seemed un-responsive to your needs and this will be addressed with our Front Office Manager. If you wish to e-mail your room number, I will have our Director of Housekeeping and Chief Engineer inspect the room for a better alternative to rid the room of the smoking odor. My e-mail address is bob.brado@hilton.com. Your comments are very much appreciated and hopefully you will consider a return stay when you are in the Savannah Area again.

All the best.
BobB

Write a ReviewReviews (1,524)

Reviewed 2 May 2014

While this hotel is a great place to stay, I refuse to make an overnight stay in GA due to the extreme gun carry law recently passed there. Guns do not belong in airports, schools or bars. This law is a disaster-in-waiting.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you very much for your comments about our hotel, though we are disappointed to be losing a guest. The gun law was a hotly debated topic here in Georgia and your concerns are much appreciated. No matter the feelings, we can only hope that everyone abides by the laws that govern and protect us and we all are kept safe in our travels.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We've stayed at this hotel 3 times. Every visit has been very pleasant - the hotel is clean, comfortable, and quiet. The beds are super comfortable, and the location right off of I-95 is very convenient. The breakfast is a definite plus as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen K

Well, thank you very much Ms Karen K for your wonderful comments and for being a returning guest to our hotel! It is great to hear that the service and quality we provide remains consistant and pleasing to our guests. We will always look forward to your next trip through the Savannah Area and to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Everything was nice. We reserved 2 rooms and only complaint we have about the room is we had to call front desk to resupply coffee and the other condiments that goes with coffee. However, One thing that wasn't clear to us is, we were given vouchers for eve. reception. It seemed like we should have only gotten one drink. Is that the policy now? When i went for my second drink, the bartender didnt give me a hard time, but i think he did give me " a look". I've stayed at embassy suites before and I dont remember there being a limit on drinks. Next time I will ask, but the breakfast and eve. reception is the reason we stay with embassy suites.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pomona b
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking time to share your comments. We do not have a drink limit during the evening reception, however we do ask that folks just get one or two drinks at a time. This just allows us to take care of all the guests at the evening reception a little more quickly and cuts down on a line forming waiting for one guest to be served multiple drinks. Other thatn that there is no official limit and I will be sure to pass along you comments to our Food and Beverage folks. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to your next vist.

All the best

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Had a wonderful stay at this Embassy Suites, it is located just outside Savannah in Pooler, so it is close to everything without being in crowded downtown. The location is in a nice quiet corner near tons of food options and a grocery store, we used it as a base for exploring the Golden Isles and Hilton Head. Super clean and very modern decor, we'll definitely only come back here when we are in the area again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Yes, Yes! Thank you very much for your comments and for staying with us. I am so glad to here that you used us as a "base" and took time to explore the Low Country and Coastal Empire. We are in such a beautiful area of the Country, with so much to see and do and our hotel is right smack in the middle of it all! Thanks again for staying with us and we will look forward to your return trip to the area.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel was an excellent choice. From the check-in to the checkout, everything was world class. I really do mean this. It met and exceeded my expectations. Oh, ... the beds were excellent !!!!!!!!! I have to utilize at least 200 words to submit this survey. I guess it needs fluff to be a valid survey. So in addition to what I said, this place was great

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Hey Rolin H
Thank you very much for the great review and for staying with us! "Exceeding expectations" - that is what we are shooting for and love to hear when we do it! I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are coming through Savannah and hope you will make Embassy Suites your brand of choice when traveling.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

On our visit to historical and beautiful Savannah, we wanted a hotel that offered a good rate, ample parking and not far from downtown Savannah but far enough to avoid the issues of being too close. Embassy Suites was not only roomy enough for families but it offers complimentary breakfast, evening reception and ample parking for a great price. After a day of exploring downtown Savannah, it's a wonderful place for couples and families alike to rest their head.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your wonderful comments! That is what we are going for - a clean, comfortable hotel, convenient to Savannah, excellent for families and business travel and most importantly a great value! I think you had covered all the bases for us! We can only now look forward to that return visit. Remember too, they keep working on the waterpark down the street from us, but it looks like they may not be ready this summer, but hopefully soon after.