“Graduation”

Ranked #19 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Chicago, United States
“Graduation”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and two kids were in town over the weekend for my nieces graduation so we got a room with a let out sofa. The hotel was very nice and clean, breakfast was nice with cook to order omelets. Bed was very comfy and room clean. We had a problem with out let out sofa once we reported it someone was there to correct it in less than 15min. If in the area would stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your trip to Savannah and congratulations to your nieces on reaching another milestone! Sounds like you had a wonderful gathering of the family for the celebration! We are pleased that the hotel met all of your needs and you were happy with the accommodations and our services. We are bound to run into a glitch in something and glad to hear that you were happy with our response. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Don't wait for another invitation from the family. C'mon down anytime!

Thanks and all the best!
BobB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Driving from NC with family (wife, 5 year old daughter) to Disney World and decided to stop in Savannah as a resting point. Looked to be new and different then most Embassy Suites I have stayed at. Upon arrival which was late, approx 11pm maybe a little later we were giving card to room and breakfast slips. Got to the room which was very nice, large bathroom, looked and smelled good. The bathroom shower drain kept making a noise that would have kept family up all night so I called to get a different room. Second room was not as nice, lower floor, but no problem, just wanted to rest before starting next day of driving. Upon inspection of room I alway check the mattress for bed bugs, pulled back sheets to find huge blood looking stain which was disgusting. Called down again and to explain the situation, front desk came up and she was terrified too. Again had key for another room which was even less nice, room smelled badly and again she even noticed it. I cancelled reservation and left.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brian F
Yes sir, Mr Brian F. This experience was very disappointing for us as well and very atypical of our hotel. We very much regret the turn of events that caused you to leave our hotel. I understand that a member of our management team has responded directly to you as well. We can only hope that when you travel through the Savannah area again you would consider us for your accommodations.

Wilton Manors, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Yes there are very nice hotels that rival this Embassy Suites Hotel in the Historic District of Savannah but you can't beat the savings, parking ( you pay for parking at most historic hotels, if you can find a spot ), and luxurious suites that are very well appointed with everything you will need. Go ahead and compare. This property is only 3 years old and is within a very easy 10 to 15 minute drive to the Historic District. The Staff here are my favorites of any hotel I have stayed at and I travel quite a bit. From the Front Desk to the Omelet Chefs and the housekeeping staff, everyone goes out of their way to help you have a wonderful visit. They have the best High Speed WIFI that I saw no difference in speeds even while connected to an Ethernet cable. I was able to watch HBO GO and Amazon prime movies on computer via an HDMI Connection to the Flat Screen TV's in my suite without buffering or interruptions in service. This location is very close to a Walmart Supercenter, Sam's and everything you will need but, the hotel is in a quiet wooded location. Yes, there is construction going on nearby but, I was not bothered by it and just felt like I was in an "up-and-coming area." It is next to I95 but I never heard a sound while in my suite. I am a very light sleeper and am always concerned about my location in a hotel because of noise but I don't think you will find a problem in any of their suites. The beds are my favorites for my old achy back and I have slept so soundly and felt refreshed and pain free in the mornings. The negatives listed in other reviews I believe are from some overly picky guests that are just looking for something to complain about. I would honestly stay here again and again when I return to this beautiful City!

Room Tip: I don't think you will find a bad room location. All are 2 room suites and very well appointed...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
WOW! Thank you Mr. Doug W! I could not have said it better myself! Thank you for staying with us and for sharing the wonderful comments. Oh yeah, they are on the way to the rest of staff already. Everyone will be overjoyed to hear them and to know that you were pleased with the service and facilities we provided. Receiving comments like yours is why we do what we do. I cannot thank you enough and we look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent Embassy Suites, located close to the interstate. Looks brand new, very clean. Currently located in an area where they are building other businesses, looks very "up-and-coming." Several new places to eat and a new Walmart near by. Great for families.

Stayed April 2014
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your comments. We are in a great area for visiting Savannah and the Low Country of South Carolina. The area around us is growing. An outlet mall and a waterpark are also under construction nearby. Thak you again for stopping in! We look forward to your next trip this way and hope you will stay with us again.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have never had a negative Embassy Suites experience until I stayed here. Small hairs in the tub/shower, room smelled like smoke, staff treated me as if I was bothering them, wake up call did not happen and no apology given, etc etc etc......will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank 317BLS
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Shocking is definitley the word to use. I too am shocked by this unusual total breakdown in our high standards of cleanliness and customer service. I certainly understand your displeasure and very much regret the poor experience you had during your stay with us. I will certainly pass on your comments to our Director of Housekeeping, Front Office Manager and the rest of our management team. We will do everything we can to correct these shortcomings and can only hope that you will continue to be a fan of the Embassy Suites brand and may one day return to our hotel.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is one beautiful hotel. They took care of all of my needs when i was there. The location is great, you can get to Savannah, and River Street very easy. There are also lot of shopping, and eatery in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Yes Sir! Tha k you very much for the excellent review and for staying with us! It is great to hear that we met all of your needs to create an enjoyable stay for you. I appreciate you mentioning the convenience of the hotel to Savannah's beautiful Historice District and reference to the new shopping and all the great restaurants coming up around us. Thank you again for making us part of your trip to Savannah and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Oxon Hill, United States
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Our stay at the Embassy Suites was great as usual. We enjoyed our stay and the atmosphere was wonderful. The service was nice and everyone treated us so nice. The Embassy Suites breakfasts are the best, it's one of the many reasons we stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you very much for the wonderful review and for staying with us! it is especially great to hear that you pleased by the services of our hotel staff. We all can build a pretty building must the staff is the difference between a good and bad expereince. I will be sure to pass along your comments. Its sounds as though you make be a loyal Embassy Suites guest . We very much appreciateyour continuing support and look forward to your next visit.