“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
United States
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Very nice hotel. Enjoyed my stay. Friendly staff. Room was very comfortable. Location is about 15 minutes from downtown historical Savannah. Very conveniently located near the Savannah International Airport. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Bethina G! Thanks for the great review and for staying with us! We are pleased that you found the hotel to your liking and also found us a convenient location. We are in great position with easy access Historic Savannah, the airport, the Low Country of South Carolina, and the rest of the Coastal Empire of Georgia

Thank you again for staying with and the great review. We look forward to your next visit!

BobB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Pineland, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I planned a special evening here with my fiancee for Father's Day weekend, and first off let me tell you, the area is a great location. You have EVERYTHING you need on the airport exit within walking distance or at least a short driving distance. This area is expanding by the year! But entering into the hotel for check-in, EVERYTHING was so beautiful...from the waterfall behind the front desk with the Embassy Suites logo, to the colorful fountain, to the sound of people enjoying themselves at the happy hour from 5:30 to 7:30. The staff was very friendly and helpful no matter how busy it got at the front desk with all the calls that were coming in. Okay, and cutting to the chase of my ONE problem...I had some beer for me and my man, and I called the Suite Service and asked if they had any bottle openers. The lady's response to me was, "Yeah we do have bottle openers, but we literally only have 2. So if you wanted to bring what you needed down here to be opened we can do that". I said, "But we have a lot of beer down here" Like really who's going to bring all that beer down there and just pop open ALL the tops??? So there was just silence on the phone, then she says, "Yeah well like I said we literally only have 2". I didn't cause a big fuss about it, I just ended the call mutually and said thank you. I work in the customer service industry, and for me it was very unprofessional and not customer service at all to tell someone to bring the beer down to them to open instead of letting me have a bottle opener. Corona tops don't open easily! Lol. So what did we do you might ask? Well my friend has a technique of using her teeth to open the bottles lol...and we also used a lighter to open them. I would visit the Embassy Suites again, but I'll bring my own bottle opener next time! Lol

Room Tip: It's beautiful view from the top (7) floor. Any room would be good though.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hey NovaNali! Thank you very much for staying with us and for sending in your comments about our hotel and service. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I regret we disappointed you with the bottle openers and it sounds as though our staff could have handle the situation a little better. We actually at one time did loan bottle openers to guests upon request, but they were never returned and we were always searching for openers or buying new ones. Then realizing we sell beer at our bar and actually give away free beer for two hours everyday, did we really need to supply free openers too? So we discontinued the practice. One solution may be to have logo openers available for purchase as a souvenir item from the hotel. Then openers would always be availabe for the guests and there would be no danger involved.

Thank you again for stay with us!

Middleton, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night while passing through town--very comfortable for our large family. The bathroom in our suite was especially large and very nice. Great omelets made-to-order at breakfast by a very friendly chef. Lots of nearby restaurants and area seemed very safe and nice. The hotel does not feel brand-new but was well-maintained. Workout room was big & nicely equipped. Overall good hotel for the price.

Stayed June 2014
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you Kim D for staying with us and for sharing your very kind comments! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and forund the value and comfort in staying with Embassy Suites. We look forward to your next trip through the area and the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

waxhaw, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Going back again. convenient to Savannah This was a last minute stop on our way home from the Florida Keys. Such a nice hotel I will go back for a longer stay and see what Savannah has to offer. I already know this hotel will make for a good nights sleep and a short drive to the city.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We are glad that you stopped in and even more pleased that you will be coming back! You will love Savannah! We are in a great location so exploring the Low Country of South Carolina is real convenient too! Thank you very much for the wonderful comments and for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Tampa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

If you are not staying in the historic district, stay here. Area around is developing with a large choice of places to eat and things to do. Right off I95 and away from down town traffic. Airport is very easy to access.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Robert P
Thank you Mr. Robert P for staying with us and for sharing your experience! We are a great alteranative for those not wishing to stay in the Historic District of Savannah, but we are close enough for those that want to visit there. You are correct when you say the ara around is growing new shopping and restaurants are now open and a new waterpark and outlet mall are under construction. We look forward to your trip and to having you stay with us again.

Thanks and all the best,
illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for six nights. Have a child with autism who needs afternoon naps. Went out each day at 8 to 8:30 and asked repeatedly to have our room cleaned by two when we returned. This was never done. Each day we would return between 2:30-4 to an untouched room. Spoke to management. Spoke to housekeeping and even had our account noted with this request and yet each day we would have to go back and sit in the lobby and wait for our room to be cleaned so we could put our daughter down for an uninterrupted nap. Because of the delays and ineptitude this never happened. They wouldn't even tell us when the room was done. We had to keep checking ourselves. In addition the rooms are climate controlled so if you wish to sleep at any temp below 72 this will not be possible. The lowest we could turn the thermostat
down to was 65 but it never got cooler than 72. The temp outside was 95 with 105 heat indices. This was supposed to be a relaxing vacation but it turned out to be everything but that. But the way writing this as we still wait in the lobby for our room to be cleaned. It is 3:30. We've been here waiting for 45 minutes.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank kristalyn
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Ms. Kristalyn: I have to say I am shocked and for the first time at a loss for words. I deeply apologize for this apparent total breakdown in communciation and service. This is so out of character for our staff. I have copied our Director of Housekeeping and Front Office Manager as well as the remainder of our hotel management team. You can imagine that this will be the focus of discussion and cause for action. We appreciate you staying with us and for sharing your comments.

Detroit, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The clerk was about to give away our rooms even after we called and told them we would be checking in late. On check out the clerk could not explain to me the billing. Overall, I love the Embassy Suites but this experience was very disappointing. I plan to return but you must train your staff better.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
I appreciate your comments and very much regret you had a less than pleasant experience at our Front Desk. I will be sure to pass the information onto our Front Office Manager to review with her staff. We normally do hold rooms for late arrival as long as the reservation is guaranteed with a valid credit card so we will be sure look into why there was this breakdown in procedure. We very much appreciate you staying with us and the fact that you are willing to give us another try the next time you are in the Savannnah area.

Thanks and all the best,