“New, fresh with excellent breakfast”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport
Ranked #17 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased with our stay, new hotel, flat screen tv's in suites, comfortable beds and linens, decent gym and a excellent breakfast with made-to-order omelets and eggs, sausage, bacons, pancakes, muffins, etc. Big sign warned of the peak breakfast period but they still got us in. It's very kid friendly, ie lots of kids, so if you're on business or a romantic trip keep this in mind. Well done!

Stayed: June 2014
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hey Mr. Vaughn D! Thank you very much for staying with us and for sending in your comments. Looking at your Trip Advisor profile, it looks as though you are a well expereinced traveler and have sent in a few of these before. So it especially pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are right this is family travel time for us. Families going back and forth to Disney and family reunions gathering together and staying with us, especially on the weekends. We are fortunate though and do enjoy a good amount of business travelers staying with us Sunday-Thursday finding us convenient to local industry and a good value too. We very much appreciate the you staying with us and the great comments. We will look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Savannah area.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I are frequent guests of Embassy every time we travel. We enjoy the made to order omelets. Well when we arrived the layout to this embassy was modern. I was used to the traditional floor plan. Where you look over your balcony to see where breakfast is way below. Well it's nothing like that. I was really impressed. We initially planned to stay the weekend. We ended up staying another night and it wasn't a problem at all. I saw the other reviews and I don't know personally about their food other than breakfast. I felt like I was in Savannah so why not eat by the river. I'd visit this hotel again. Oh and the pillows were awesome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Lakeisa W. for staying with us and for sharing your comments. It was great to hear that you pleased with our facilties and services and enjoyed your stay. We were one of the first Embassy Suites built using the new design option that gets way from the huge atrium. We are pleased that you liked the new design. We hope when you make your next trip to Savannah that you will include us in your plans again.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The room was nice and modern, although not the cleanest I've seen, but decent. We had dinner at the hotel and only took a few bites. One of the worst meals I've ever had. The fried chicken strips were beyond disgusting. The breakfast was just as bad. We ended up leaving and having breakfast at Chick-fil-A just down the road. The dining area was not clean and all of the dishes and silverware were dirty in the breakfast area. The only plus side was the lady that checked us in (cannot remember her name) was very friendly and helpful. This place has a great location, too bad it isn't up to standard with other Embassy Suites. We won't return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ESDOS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Wow! It is very disturbing to hear these comments and learn of the bad expereince you had at our hotel, especially in our Food and Beverage Area. We tradtionally have provided both excellent food and service so I am not certain where or why a breakdown would occur. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our Chef and Food and Beverage Director. I am sure they will give their full attention to correcting these shortcomings. We regret this disappointing expereince you had with us and for not meeting your expectations. We do hope you will return at some point though to see that we do appreciate and react to all comments that come our way. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The food was very bad...poorly prepared and cold upon arrival. The manager's reception was a small beer or really cheap bar liquor and potatoe chips. Not up to the standards to which I'm used. Breakfast had unripe melons for fruit. The omlet was good but only because I told the chef to not overcook it like he had done on the five I'd watched him make.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Goodness Gracious! I have to say I am absolutely surprised! Obviously we had a total breakdown here. I very much regret the poor experience you had at our hotel. Regarding the complimentary evening reception, we follow the guidelines and standards set forth by the Embassy Brand. We provide the recommended house brand beverages and usually the variety of different cold items and dry snacks as outlined. We apparently dropped the ball here. I will be sure to share your comments with our Food and Beverage Director and Chef. I am sure they will investigate and rectify the problems you have mentioned. We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your comments. We can only hope that when you come to Savannah again, you will give us another opportunity to provide you the type of service you have come to expect from Embassy Suites.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We arrived tired and frustrated from a long day of heavy traffic. The staff was very welcoming, the cocktail hour great. Room service was quick and friendly and the food delicious. The breakfast buffet had a good selection and was tasty. All in all, a nice respite during a long trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Whew! Sounds like you found us just in time! Yes, we are the island in that sea of traffic that is
I-95! Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your wonderful comments. It is great to know that our food, service, and facilities were able to meet all of your needs and get your batteries re-charged to continue your journey. We will look forward to your next trip this way and to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Traveling with my family of five, we often have to book two rooms. Embassy suites is a nice alternative and always come thru for us. Great customer service, three people asked how my day was upon checking in. Room was spacious and clean, even for all 5 of us. Breakfast was good with plenty I options. Whether you are traveling thru Savannah or staying for while, this is a good choice.

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you Mr. Bob A for staying with us! Oh yeah, you have found the value in staying with Emabsssy Suites especially when traveling with a family of 5. It was great to hear you found the hotel comfortable and were pleased with our food, service and facilities. Being a loyal "ESuiter" I hope you are a member of the Hilton Honors program. It is a great program of benefits for you. Thank you again for staying with us! We look forward to your next trip through Savannah and to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

An excellent option when visiting Savannah. Only about 15 from the historic area. If you need a Walmart for something you forgot to bring, it's less than 5 min away. Stayed in a room with a King and fold-out sofa bed. No problems with any of the room facilities. Breakfast was excellent. Only "glitch" was our room coffee supply was not replenished and so I had to go to the front desk and line up. The lady gave me coffee but was out of cream and sugar and I had to line up again near the restaurant entrance to ask for cream and sugar. All things considered, a VERY minor, correctable glitch. Otherwise, top-notch. Recommended and I personally will stay here when my family visits Savannah again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sending in your comments. It was great to hear that you enjoyed the hotel. We very much appreicate your patience and understanding with the "glitches". I will be sure to pass the comments on to our Director of Housekeeping and Front Office Manager for them to iron out the wrinkles. Thank yoiu again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit to Savannah!