“Chase Anderson was great”

Savannah Cultural Heritage Tours and Events
Ranked #50 of 152 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Savannah Cultural Heritage Tours, Concerts, and Events was founded by R. Chase Anderson aka "The Founder." These experiences step beyond mere walking tours of Savannah to embrace direct cultural experiences including Southern Storytelling, Vintage Theater, and Music in an 1863 house at Forsyth Park -- The Artist Inn. Encounter off-the-grid locations known only to locals. Savannah Ghost Walks is the first private to small group tour in Savannah, Georgia. "The Founder" is a Savannah local, paranormal investigator and professional storyteller with ancestral Savannah family roots.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My boyfriend and I are history buffs and very intrigued with the mysteries that encompass Savannah. On a whim, we booked a tour with Chase and were incredibly surprised with his presence. He told rich stories about the surroundings and did not give us the usual tourist tour. He took us to places that were rich in history and hauntingly engaging. We were a small group of three couples and the intimacy allowed Chase to make us feel more involved with the history. I highly recommend if you want a "ghost tour" that is out of the ordinary, make it with Chase. He takes you off the beaten path and makes you wanting more !

2  Thank KelliBelle523
in 7 reviews
"haunted history"
"great guide"
in 6 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"bachelorette party"
"visited savannah"
in 3 reviews
in 21 reviews
in 48 reviews
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I came to this city with the top of my list of things to do being a ghost walk! We chose this group out of all the others and we're very excited we did! Please ask for Jason! He knows his history and is very enthusiastic and friendly! I will remember this for the rest of my life! I cannot wait to go back!

2  Thank JulieUprightLee
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I returned to Savannah this year and only had time for one ghost tour. I knew It should be with Savannah Ghost Walks. I scheduled the later adult tour at 10:30 on a Friday. The tour was small and intimate with just myself and a couple. Chase Anderson led us through the Historical District of Savannah and kept us entertained even between stops. I had taken this tour last year, but Chase always adds a new twist or insight to what he continually researches. I wish I could remember which square the 4 of us were standing in when both I and the other woman looked to our rights as we both heard footsteps right beside us. It was a wonderful shared experience that I would never get on a larger tour. Chase Anderson is a fantastic guide and historian. Thank you Chase!

1  Thank narina5
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I just wanted to say "Thanks Chase" for an educational and enjoyable evening. This was our first trip to Savannah and after researching other venues we decided to go with your Ghost walk, best decision we made. We saw other much larger groups and could tell that some were not enjoying themselves. My wife and I enjoyed the one on one type atmosphere as well as the ability to ask questions whenever we wanted. Well worth it.
Thanks Again Chase,
Chris & Marsha
My wife did see a shadow figure as well as a couple of orbs in some of the pictures that she took down the staircase. Truly Amazing

1  Thank christophers976
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The Irish Savannah Walking Tour with Chase Anderson is exceptional.
Not only will you will have the wonderful pleasure of Chase's excellent oratory skills, but you will be captivated by hearing him play Irish songs on his violin. History and Music oh my!
The previous year we had attended 3 of Chase's tours and on my return trip this year I wanted to make sure to carve out an afternoon for the Irish Tour.
I was not disappointed. We were taken to many dynamic areas within the Historical District
where Chase told us stories with well researched historical backgrounds as well as playing Irish songs on his violin. Chase was quick to point out Celtic symbols like oak Leaf motifs in the iron work and Green Men carvings in stone. We visited many William Kehoe (Irish Iron Baron) landmarks and I found it easy to visualize the many Irish longshoremen eating lunch in Emmet Park. Chase is a grand entertainer and added several stories of murder, pirates and ghosts. Walking through the cemetery alongside a fine fiddle player was magical. This tour is a must for any of you that enjoy historical tours and live music.

3  Thank narina5