“Bonnie Blue night tour” 4 of 5 bubbles

and up
Historical Drinking Tour of Savannah
Ranked #43 of 137 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy Savannah on foot and from a native's perspective! No gimmicks, costumes, or schtick- just a guide who knows her stuff. Bonnie will show you how to be more than a tourist by helping you discover there's more to Savannah. Book in advance if you would like to join your fellow travelers on one of Bonnie's public tours. Group sizes are limited so you won't get lost in the crowd. Cover all the basics after breakfast and before lunch on the Slo-vannah Saunter. Or you could wait until the late afternoon for a sophisticated and slightly lubricated experience with drinks in hand on Lightly Sauced- Raise a Glass to History. Bonnie also loves private bookings and is available at your convenience. She can customize a tour to your interests across a variety of subjects from a general historical overview, to Black history, women's history, the Civil War, the Revolution, a little bit of architecture, etc. The guide comes to you and you even get to choose how long the tour lasts. Often available on short notice. Go ahead and call!
Lake Wales
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bonnie Blue night tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Going into the tour, my family was expecting some cheesy ghost tour with lame "ghost detectors", but instead we were pleasantly surprised by a walking tour around Savannah's old neighborhood. We were graced by cool night air whilst ghost stories were told to us in the vicinity of Savannah's more haunted areas. Some stories will make you uneasy, some will make you laugh, but all will make a midnight stroll much more bearable. The only thing that could've made this tour more delightful would be the opportunity to actually enter the haunted sites.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank aperez01
BonnieRaeT, Owner at Bonnie Blue Walking Tours of Savannah, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thanks for taking my ghost tour and I'm glad it wasn't nearly as "cheesy" as you expected. :-) I know being able to enter some of the sites would be way cool, but I would certainly have to pay the owners of those sites for the privilege, which means I would have to pass that cost on to my clients and I don't want to do that! The only haunted places that don't mind tourists wandering right in at all hours of the night are the bars and, well, that option doesn't suit everyone. Just choose a haunted B&B next time you visit and you'll be all set!

Parkesburg
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Personal touch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our tour with Bonnie was full of fantastic facts and a colorful history told in a wonderful, personal way! Our time with Bonnie on a rainy Saturday morning was great. Bonnie really knows her Savannah history and shared it with us "Yankees" with pride and a smile. Thanks, Bonnie!

Visited July 2014
Shreveport, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tour in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Growing up in Savannah I've been on a number of tours. Bonnie puts them all to shame. Her knowledge of global history is apparent as she relates Savannah's history to what was happening in the rest of the world at the time. Even my history buff father was impressed. Bonnie loves Savannah and shows us just how much, and it's infectious. After living here much of my life, Bonnie helped me fall in live with this city all over again.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kate F
Cincinnati, Ohio
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great Ghost Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I took a 1.5 hour ghost tour with Bonnie Blue. While the other tours were with huge groups, or in converted hearse's, Bonnie had a group of 4. The tour was personal, and you could hear what she was saying. It was not a lot of hype. The stories were told with feeling, as if Bonnie knew the people in the stories. I found the tour to be a nice change from the mega-ghost tours you normally see.

Her charge was $20, which is very reasonable. She was on time, and texted me from the hotel lobby that she was here.

I would highly recommend her tours.

1 Thank Sherlock6142
Maryville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Perfect Start To A Great Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My boyfriend and I recently took a trip to Savannah in May, Bonnie blue was our first stop on the list. We took Bonnie's ghost tour and it was fantastic, she threw in tons of interesting historical facts and showed us around the town, which was perfect for our first night in Savannah, it set the premise for the rest of our trip. We are planning on heading back to Savannah at the end of this year and we will definitely be looking Bonnie up again for one of her fascinating tours!

Visited May 2014