“Four Squares Walking Food Tour”

Squares of Savannah walking tour
Ranked #102 of 147 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Squares of Savannah is a walking tour of beautiful downtown Savannah, Georgia. We discuss the Churches, Monuments, people, places and things of this wonderful historic city.
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Fun time with Ruth Ann. Interesting food choices and lots of historical information and fun facts about Savannah. Good mix of places and food tastings. Good time was had by all. Will try their other tour on our next visit.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Just returned from their informative fun foodie tour of Savannah, stopping at 6 really great places, covering both sweet and savory. Just the right amount of food; just the right amount of walking, even on a hot day. We've been to Savannah many times, but now have a list of new places we want to visit on our next visit. Our group was a small group of congenial, well informed foodie. Likewise for our wonderful, fun guide Ruth Ann.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

Savannah has over twenty squares- which could be called small parks. Each one is different. It is very enjoyable to walk around or through the squares n read the historical events that happened in Savannah. Love the Spanish moss drapping from the trees.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

It was a great walk for the whole family, including kids. You can enjoy knowing about the historic of Savannah, their people, the artisans in the streets, the stores, ice cream parlors, the stone streets, the old buildings, their people.

Reviewed 18 January 2011

Roy Heizer offers a garden/plant tour of Savannah. I booked this purely as a "wife appreciation" tour as I have no interest in plants, botanical gardens etc. I was as shocked as anyone to realize how much I enjoyed it. Roy has written a couple of books on the subject and really knew his stuff, but what interested me, was the history lessons on how some of the plants got here and the uses by early cultures. He had researched before hand about our region and would tell us if this-or-that would grow in our area (this is the part that my wife liked). He was interesting without being strange (which is how I perceive most horticulturalist) and he knew the area like the back of his hand. We had to change our appointment due to adverse weather, so when we called Roy, he asked where we were (Madison Square) and said he would meet us shortly. When he arrived he began the tour right at Madison Square and it was as though the tour was meant to begin there. He would take us directly to a particular plant in someone's garden or other such landscaping area like he had planned it that way all along. We took his tour in January during some pretty bad weather and there was still plenty to show us. I would imagine a spring tour would ratchet it up even more. Of other interest...Roy has been an extra in some well known movies (notice the 19th century beard he wears) which was very interesting. I never thought I'd be recommending a garden tour, but here I am doing that very thing.

5  Thank Shorescreek