“HORRIBLE SERVICE”

Ranked #98 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Lilburn, Georgia
“HORRIBLE SERVICE”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Was wonderful and excited to get an upgrade but it all fell apart.

First they lost our reservation and was upgraded right next to a trailer park. Our room had busted doors and painted blacked out windows.

Second.... My friend and I stayed there and was locked out of our hotel room. Mind you, my friend is 7 months pregnant and couldn't get the key to let us in. Stayed up till 6 am banging on the doors and ringing the bell for service and no answer. Tried calling multiple numbers and still no answer. Ridiculous!! So we stayed at another hotel for one night because there was no hope.
Third.. went back around 8:30 am (exhausted and irate) to try and get SOME SORT OF SERVICE and was told that if we didn't leave the property we would get the cops called. All we wanted was our things and a refund for one night. That is ALL. But no refund and got completely nowhere with these people.

NEVER EVER STAY HERE! CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS HORRIBLE AND THEY DID NOT EVEN CARE! I will never recommend anyone (especially expecting mothers to stay here)

Room Tip: DO NOT DO IT! Pay the extra money to stay at a nicer hotel that cares and takes great care of you.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ThisTrip2014

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Had reservation. Checked into the hotel sign said open but the employee was asleep. Had to ring doorbell several times for him to open the door. Gave me the key. Room was good. No issues with the room at all. My husband was loading up the car, at 11 am, man told my husband if we were not finished in 10 minutes he would call the police. Are you kidding me?
I will NEVER COME BACK!

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank ajai744
Apollo Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The accommodations were spacious, like a one bedroom apartment . The room was clean. Maintenance was lacking. The fridge did not work. The heat did not work. It took about an hour but we were brought a space heater. Promised a mini fridge. Never came. There were no vacancies to change rooms. No one came to clean or check in the following day. After complaints repeated, we got another room. This time everything worked but how annoying to put up with. If the area is right for you, don't pay till you know the room works.

Room Tip: Check the room before paying.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BVK54
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 September 2013

It literally felt like it was home! Super awesome staff, my husband and I met the manager of the place and he was wonderful! They revamped the hotel since the last time I came. Big rooms with a living room, sofa and two tvs! Excellent service. Very clean rooms. Definitely a choice for future stays in Savannah! The streets surrounding are a bit confusing but overall well worth the price

Room Tip: Try booking a room directly with the hotel. It's easy and fast
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nicole A
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The room was clean as well as the sheets, no off-odors. The room came with stove, sink, and fridge with freezer. The A/C worked great. Only 10 minutes from the historic district. Friendly Staff, although a bit absent at times, however they did leave their cell number posted when they were not in the office. Despite the fact that it is across from the Savannah Port and next to a Truck Yard, we slept soundly, I don't remember hearing any loud noises.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jordan S
Grovetown, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Very basic amenities, which was expected. The customer service was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!! The manager was extremely rude and tried to apply random charges to our room simply to make us leave him alone so he wouldn't have to fix the mistake that the girls at the front desk had made. I would never stay there again and I wouldn't suggest anyone else did either.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

My family and I just left this dump and like the other "customers" I had to look for a corporate phone number to complain.
We pulled off 95 south at dusk to get a room for the night. The owner "Indian man" had a shocked look on his face almost like he couldn't believe he caught a fly in his web.
I explained we had two adults and one child along with our two dogs.
He explained the price after tax would be $82 for the night. Considering it was late at night and all the other places in town seemed booked we took the room.
The owner was real fast to charge my credit card and he Mumble the room number 116 and disappeared.
It turned out he ran to the room to open the door to air it out. This was being done for a good reason, the room stunk. The first thing I noticed was blood, semen and long black female hair on the bed sheets. The headboards had claw marks from fingernails. The toilet had Fecal matter stuck to the wall, the bathroom door had a hole 15x6 which was made by some Critter.
When went to brush his teeth he picked up a towel and it was not only Filthy but it also had a long black hair stuck to it.
It was clear it was a section 8 motel, other "guest" seemed to not be staying but living.
That night no one could sleep, fights were taking place outside which really had us nervous due to a $80k Land Rover sitting outside.
I needed sleep so bad but couldn't, I really considered just sleeping in my car.
The next morning we couldn't get out fast enough!!
Although we had to wait, we had no soap, towels, and no water pressure ..... When we asked for towels they got Irritated like we were disturbing them.
We then had to go back up to the front desk to ask for a garbage bag. Instead of giving us a small liner for a garbage they handed us a Walmart shopping bag? Really?
As we left we pull up to the front desk area and had some lady who had no teeth come out to our car requesting an extra $15 for my family pet. I explained the price I was given included the dog. I then told this lady what I really thought of this creepy, dirty motel... As I pointed out everything I then took her attention to the Cockroach running across the blacktop towards the front door.
This place is a health risk and should be closed down

The experience was awful

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank MBE3945
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savannah
WoodSpring Suites Savannah Garden City
Quality Inn Midtown
#57 of 113 in Savannah
Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah/Garden City
Quality Inn & Suites Hardeeville

Been to American Inn- Savannah / Garden City? Share your experiences!