“Blackwater paddle on Ebenezer Creek”

Wilderness Southeast Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wilderness Southeast (WiSE) has been leading people into nature for 40years. WiSE Nature Tours can be 2 hours to a whole day, and are eitherScheduled or Customized. You might choose to paddle a quiet blackwatercypress swamp, indulge in close (but safe) observation of alligators and/orbirds, or ride a motorboat through winding marsh creeks to stroll down awide, empty beach while you beachcomb for seashells. All tours are easyadventures; none are strenuous. Most are as appropriate for seniors as foryoung families.Professionally led by personable and local guides, WiSE tours occur allaround Savannah. All feature seasonal native flora and fauna, and will helpyou see and understand more about this beautiful and intriguing part of theworld. Expert guides weave stories of human history and culture into thenatural environment you are exploring. The friendly and professional staffis passionate about the area and loves sharing it with you. Guides enjoyanswering questions, and yet will always give you time to relax and enjoythe beauty of the place. You choose the focus and whether you want tostroll, motorboat, or paddle.Having a car is easiest as tours typically begin 15 to 30 minutes away fromdowntown Savannah. Efforts will be made to accommodate those withoutvehicles. If you have a vehicle for just a day, staff can providesuggestions of places to enjoy following your tour. Choosing betweenscheduled and customized tours involves questions of cost and flexibility.The WiSE office staff will happily answer your questions (phone or email),and help you choose the best exploration for you and your companion(s). Theywant to enhance your enjoyment of the Savannah area. Marvelous experiencesawait singles, couples, families, groups of friends, seniors, photographers,birders, clubs and school groups.
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Took a canoe trip down Ebenezer Creek and we really enjoyed the tour. Our guide, Kristin was friendly and very knowledgeable. The experience on the creek was relaxing and informative. I would highly recommend this tour and Wilderness Southeast Tours for anyone wanting a nice peaceful day out on the river

If I could recommend 2 things that I think would make the tour more enjoyable - If the guides carried some bottled water on the trip for the guests it would make it a bit more enjoyable on the hot days and we seemed to encounter some difficulties paying online, though there was no problem paying the guide on the day of the trip.

3  Thank 1see-the-world1
NatureWiSE_Savannah, Program Director at Wilderness Southeast Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

I am so very glad you enjoyed your tour! Thank you also for your suggestions, and I am
particularly sorry that you apparently got thirsty during your time on the water. We used
to send bottled water with the guide on every tour, but stopped when over a year went
by with all guests having brought their own water bottles. So we just changed to listing
water to bring on the tours, along with such things as sunscreen, sunglasses, camera,
hat, and shoes that can get wet. We know the website needs updating, and that project
is in the early stages. We certainly do plan to make the online payment easier for all.
I am delighted that you enjoyed both the atmosphere and the informational content of
your tour, as well as the genuine friendliness of your guide. Thank you again for your
comments.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

My Junior and Cadette Girl Scouts took the Alligator and Other tour with Becky at Savannah National Refuge and all I can say is AWESOME!!!! Becky is a wonderful and informative guide and she made the trip enjoyable for the girls and the adults Along the way, she pointed out various vegetations and birds and also gave us a little history of the reserve. My girls made it a game to see how many alligators they could find (they spotted 32!!) We were also fortunate to meet up with a ranger that was watching an alligator over 7 feet long!!! Before taking the tour through the reserve, we were able to see a short film in the Visitor Center about the Reserve and see the displays. I do believe the film and displays made the tour even more enjoyable for the girls as they were excited to try and find any animals. I highly recommend this tour to any Scouts/School group or family.

We are planning another Savannah trip in 2013 and the girls definitely want to take this tour again!!!!

1  Thank Erica H
Reviewed 21 June 2012

A wonderful day on th Ebenezer Creek! Beautiful scenery, excellent guide with lots of knowledge to share about the history of the area as well as the nature surrounding us. Came away relaxed with knowledge about cypress and tupelo and saw 3 birds we'd never seen before. Plus baby amadillos! Very excited to return again to the area and paddle away a day.

1  Thank NancyPAdams
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We took the Alligators and Anhingas tour on our recent vacation to Savannah. It was great. Our guide Becky was very friendly and extremely knowledgeable. We learned a lot and had a great time. I wish I would have remembered our binoculars, but being the wonderful guide she was, Becky had some for us to use. Because of some recent surgery I was worried about taking a longer than a 2 hour tour, but the on the tour we rode in the car and did some easy walking, I would not had any problems going on a 4 hour tour. We got some wonderful pictures of alligators, birds, and scenery. Becky thanks for the ride.

2  Thank wendor
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Anyone interested in the birds of Savannah/Tybee Island would do well to reserve a 3-hour tour with Diana Churchill. She literally wrote the book on birding in this area and is an informative and patient bird guide. We saw some great birds in the marsh and on the beaches of Tybee and Diana was a huge help in distinguishing the birds and teaching us how to do the same. Well worth the fee and we will definitely book tours with WISE on future visits

1  Thank Matt B