“Nice stop for a tasty treat”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 889 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$9 - US$48
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lincoln St
Description: Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entrée and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie or show too.
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We came during $5 fondue happy hour and really enjoyed everything. When you first walk in the door it felt like a fine dining atmosphere, but I found it a little friendlier once I got settled in. The host/manager Jesse and server Jacelyn were super friendly and the food was great!

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

The food on the other hand was not. Maybe I do it wrong, but I use oil to fondue. The overall experience was good. Very beautiful place to dine. Joel was very attentive and knew what he was doing.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I went here with my boyfriend for his birthday. I'd been to a Melting Pot before but he hadn't, and I'd been raving about it. We did the 4-course meal and split one drink. Our server, Nick, was a great server. We never felt rushed but he didn't leaving us waiting around either. He was perfectly timed for the entrees and water refills. We started off with a cheese course, but substituted cheddar cheese in the artichoke heart and spinach dip. It was great. I got the pear and gorgonzola salad after that, it was very good. For the main course we had the coq au vin cooking style and I had chicken breast while he had the "land and sea", which is chicken, shrimp, and steak. We loved it. For dessert we had "the original" chocolate fondue but substituted dark chocolate in for the milk chocolate. It was amazing as well. The whole meal took 2 hours, which is a nice change in America...making it more of an "event" than a get-in-get-out kind of a meal. Left totally stuffed. When you go, make sure you don't snack before hand so you can save room for everything! The meal total was $89, so it is definitely a special treat!

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

So after losing our power tonight and having an awful experience somewhere else, we came here. We sat at the bar and discovered we were served by the actual owner, Josh. He was incredibly kind, thoughtful, and accommodating. My husband and I always order apps and split an entree and knew we did not want two giant meals for two. Josh never treated us weirdly and was helpful on picking what to have. My husband used to work at a melting pot and loved it, Josh made it feel like a homecoming. He introduced us to a brand new team member and current staff. The food was perfect, the atmosphere is tops, and it is worth every dollar. I loathe chains restaurants, but Josh makes his restaurant feel like a home (albeit a better decorated and cleaner version!!). We have popped in before before cocktails and will be back regularly. It is refreshing o see an owner truly out there and being a brand ambassador. Thanks Josh and team!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This place was awesome! Dinner takes longer than typical restaurants but it is worth it. The wait staff are very knowledgeable and can help you make the best selections. The food is divine and cooking it at the table is so much fun. It is a very romantic place to go.