“Company Picnic - Gnats vs Rome Braves”
Review of Grayson Stadium

Grayson Stadium
Ranked #60 of 218 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Savannah, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Company Picnic - Gnats vs Rome Braves”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Well the weekend started nicely with the rain holding off and a Friday night at Grayson Stadium.
Our company decided to picnic at the stadium and the facility was just great. Dating to the late 20's make no mistake... Grayson Stadium could have been called "outdated" but it isn't. There is a great sound system, big-screen video feed, friendly staff, and excellent food & drink. Remember, this is baseball... being able to enjoy the well appointed but still classic stadium is a real treat. I don't want a 20 million dollar new place. I want this one. Grayson Stadium shows us where baseball came from, the players show where it's going. New stadium and I'll never go. This one, I grew up with... Savannah's all about her history and historic sites. This is one of them. Go and have a great time. We did.

4 Thank Robert D

Scottsdale
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“See a game but eat first!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We absolutely loved walking the town if Savannah but after seeing so many historical sites we needed a break for our minds and our feet. We drive a very shirt distance from town and took in a Savannah Sand Gnats game at the grand old Grayson Stadium located in a lovely park in Victory Street. Tickets were just $12.00 and well worth the price for these front row reserved seats. The concessions are reasonably priced but extremely limited so I suggest you eat before the game. The popcorn had WAY too much salt but to their credit, the concession manager gave me a fresh bag of fresh popped corn which was much better. The antics between innings were standard and fun. Their mascot Gnate was adorable and very approachable making sure everyone was having a good time. Yay for the team who pulled out a win in the last inning saving our streak of all winning games for the home teams we've visited while vacationing. Great fun and highly recommended.

3 Thank diedrekaye
England, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Fun evening at the Baseball- drinks & food available to buy.
Great seats behind the nets have waitress service.
Lots of free parking & only 5mins drive from Savannah centre.

2 Thank twinkle88
San Antonio, Texas
241 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 226 helpful votes
“Great Stadium BUT~~~~~~”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband was looking forward to attending a game here due to the stadium history. We easily bought tickets online ahead of time and stadium was easy to locate. But the parking is not sufficient. If you are a season ticket holder you get the prime parking lot, otherwise you have to park where ever you can find legal parking. All during the game they were calling out names and license numbers to move cars or be towed. If you were unfortunate enough to be stuck for an hour or more waiting in the concessions lines then you probably didn't hear those announcements and you might not have had a car to go home in:) We were able to by pass long lines getting in with our pre-bought tickets. Then we were able to by some drinks before the game easy enough. But that was all we were able to buy because by the end of the second inning the concessions were horrendously ridiculous. The lines were jammed, criss-crossing each other. You couldn't hardly walk through under the stands. I waited at a small portable concession for peanuts 25 min. just to be told they were delivered any to that location although it was on the sign:( Forget getting any food or drinks at the larger concessions either. There is a substantial bar that serves all sorts of alcoholic beverages but you'd die of thirst before getting a drink. We weren't able to buy any other items the entire time. Most people missed a lot of the game waiting in lines. Get my point! The game was enjoyable but we left just before the 7th inning so not to get stuck in traffic. I waited almost 30 min. for my husband to walk to the car and have to drive around the one-way street to get back to pick me up at the stadium. But still after all that we were pleased we went and experienced the stadium Beforehand there were food and drink booths set up in front of the stadium and a band playing jazz music~~very festive.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank LAH28
Englewood, Florida
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Would Love to Catch a Game Here”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Grayson Stadium is frozen in time from the vintage baseball era. Unfortunately we stopped by during the offseason and there was no game, but the staff accommodated my son and I taking a walk around to see the stadium. Would love to see a Sand Gnats game here in the future.

Visited March 2014