“Fun course in a great location”

Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Clayton, Georgia
“Fun course in a great location”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We didn't stay at the Westin, but did enjoy the golf course and pro shop. All of the people working were so nice and accommodating! The weather turned out perfect and we were able to get in 18 holes. The carts are top notch with GPS on board, coolers, etc. Bathroom facilities were very nice out on the course, which is nice for a change. We'll definitely play here again on our next visit. And thanks for the cool bag tags! We collect them!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing to play golf at The Club at Savannah Harbor. I am happy that you were able to enjoy the course and appreciated the bag tags! The Club also has its own TripAdvisor page and would greatly appreciate your comments too. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah as a golfer or a Resort Guest!

Public Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (694)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I came here for my part of my birthday week and they upgraded our room to seond to top floor and we had a great view of the Savannah River and the city of savannah which is right on it. Thet have ferry boats to take you back and forth at no charge. This hotel was first class all the way. Restaurants were all great. Service was top notch. I'm planning to come back here soon. I felt like a movie star they way I was treated. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Face the river for best views.
Green Features: they had special wastebaskets for plastic etc and had signs about the towels if you wanted to keep or give them to wash.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Creek1955
Happy Birthday!

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy that you were able to enjoy the ferry, views, and restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Northern California
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is my first negative experience ever with Westin. As an SPG member I have been a loyal customer for years and usually opt for Westin whenever one is available as I travel. Sadly this property simply does not measure up.

It began with reception where the staff was efficient, but exuded none of the warmth or charm usually associated with lodgings in Georgia, especially Savannah. When asked about a AAA special advertised on the website regarding food and beverage discount, she indicated she knew nothing about it but "just ask the waiter" and turned away. Of course any such discount is not in the purview of waiters.

It went downhill from there. The rooms, except for the well advertised bedding, were a notch below any I have stayed in. The bathroom had no fan or vent so even cleaning odors remained. There was nowhere for toiletries and we had to use the limited space on the dresser next to the TV for everything from toothbrushes to cosmetics. There were no shelves, drawers or cabinets in the bath even tho there was plenty of space to accommodate all. There was a phone jack, but no phone. There were no racks to hang wet towels except one covering the toilet paper roll.

The mini bar was empty. When I called Express service to inquire I was advised that I could order from room service for delivery. The room service menu listed a fifth of Smirnoff vodka at $95, an item that can be purchased in any liquor store in the state for less than $20! A better bargain than Grey Goose at $140, but still. I realize room service and liquor is a profit center for a hotel, but c'mon!!

The property is well located next to the Convention Center and just a ferry ride across the river from the historic Waterfront. The grounds are pleasant enough and the pool area was nice, but the Spa is a shuttle ride to the Golf Club which is not very conducive to a relaxing experience. This is dubbed as a "resort" property, but it did not feel like it...except when you checked out and were hit with a $23 a day "resort fee" even if you used none of the resort related activities.

Unlike my other experiences at either a Westin or a Westin resort, this felt much more like a low end cookie cutter convention hotel shuttling people in and out with little concern for customer service. The only instance of outstanding customer service came from Alina K. in the Aqua restaurant. Alina was genuinely concerned about a problem we encountered and was proactive in addressing it.

If we return to Savannah for business or pleasure, we'll opt for another hotel as there are many fine establishments. I would recommend Westin management take a closer look at their competition or at their other properties and step up to the plate. An experience like this damages the brand.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that we were unable to make a positive experience for you. I appreciate your feedback in regard to the rooms condition, amenities and pricing--we will use your comments to improve. Please contact me directly at david.moses@westin.com so that I may investigate further--your experience is deeply troubling and certainly not typical. We hope to welcome you back and restore your faith in the property.

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I recently traveled to Savannah for business and instead of staying in the historic riverfront area I decided to try the resort across the river. I have found a new favorite place to stay while in Savannah. The hotel is clean and beautiful and the staff are all very professional and accomodating. Yasheaka at the front desk was awsome; at a moments notice she provided a google map for me, arranged a wake up call and am taxi that accepted credit cards, and answered all my questions in an unhurried, kind, and professional manner. I am a Starwood member and I received points for my stay and for requesting no room service. A little bag arrived the next am with extra coffee and H2O. My Siberian Huskey was also allowed to stay and was provided his own heavenly bed and dog bowls. I stayed in a 15th floor room with balcony on the river. I ordered dinner in my room the first night and it arrived in a timely manner and was just what I ordered. The room has complimentary H2O, and a wine cooler, no fridge and no microwave but guests can request one . The Midnight Sun Lounge was fun and has more bourbon and chocolate choices than humans should be allowed. We self parked our auto and the ferry on sight is complimentary for travel across the river to the historic area. I did not have time for the spa; maybe next time as I am already planning my next visit. The price comparable to other places for which I have stayed across the river can not be beat with all the amenities and customer service plus Starwood points. Bravo!

Room Tip: Riverfront with balcony.
Green Features: Environmentally-friendly practices are excellent; extra Starwood points for no room service and baskets for recycling are provided in the room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. Our Front Desk staff will be delighted to hear that their efforts to provide positive and memorable service are appreciated. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our SPG programs and had the chance to visit our Midnight Sun Bourbon & Chocolate Lounge. Hopefully you will be able to visit the Heavenly Spa on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

North Wales, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My then girlfriend, now wife and I stayed here when we were dating and loved everything about this place. Being an SPG member only helped because we received a room upgrade with a view of the river. I loved taking the ferry ride to and from the hotel directly into the historic downtown area. Best flea markets and great tours make Savannah the best place to visit, even if just for a long weekend.

Room Tip: Book a room with a view of the water and the city.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy that you were able to enjoy the ferry and views! We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back upon your return to Savannah.

Ft.Myers FL
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We raced with HSR at the Grand Prize of America race in October and stayed at the Westin for 5 days. The hotel is very nice, but the best thing is the free ferry that takes you accross the river to downtown Savannah. The restaurants are great. The property is very lovely and the restaurants were nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. We greatly appreciate all the participants in the Savannah Speed Classic and I am happy that you were able to enjoy the ferry, restaurants and location! We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Boynton Beach, FL
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We visited Savannah for the first time last weekend and wanted to stay in the historic part of town for the convenience of walking to the tourist spots.

At first I was hesitant with the fact the hotel is located on an island across from town, and also about the resort fee. Well, I'm glad I didn't let that change my mind from selecting the property. The resort fee of $22 per day to include internet, parking and hotel amenities is not bad compared to paying for overnight parking in a parking garage in town. And some didn't look as secured as Westin's.

Upon check in and showing my Starwood Gold card, I was given an upgrade to a room facing the Savannah river. I'd say that the view overlooking historic Savannah from our hotel is better compared to staying in town property overlooking our hotel :)

I mentioned on check in that we're celebrating our anniversary and chocolate covered strawberries with a bottle of champagne were sent to us that evening. What a nice gesture! Plenty of parking space to park my car in a covered garage adjacent to the hotel. Beverage cards were also given for my Gold status which was nice. I used them to sit by the pool enjoying the day and beautiful view of Savannah. Complimentary water taxi ran every twenty minutes between our hotel and downtown. Ten minutes drive across the bridge should you choose to drive. No refrigerator in the room but instead, a wine chiller. We had no problem putting our bottled water and fruit in there to keep them cool. Rain shower head in the bathroom and bed was, well... Heavenly ;)

I want to commend Shanice at the SPG desk for being so courteous on check-in and to Merry at the Concierge Desk for her extensive knowledge of Savannah. We followed her recommendations on restaurants and places to visit in Savannah. We went to The Olde Pink House for our anniversary dinner, Mrs. Wilkes for family style Southern Food (prepare to wait) and Paula Deen's Lady and Sons for dessert.

Now that we're home, we can't wait to return to Savannah and stay at the Westin again!

Room Tip: View facing the Savannah river. The higher floor the better. Request room with a balcony as a comp...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank asianrick
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. We greatly appreciate all our SPG members and I am delighted to hear that we were able to please. We strive for excellence in service and I am happy to hear your experiences with Shanice and Merry were positive and memorable. They are both assets to our team and will greatly appreciate the Kudos. We look forward to welcoming you and back upon your return to Savannah.

Be Well,