I gave this hotel 3 stars though it could easily be a 4 or 5 star with some small improvements. First, the good: the Midnight Sun restaurant was really nice though we only had dessert and after-dinner drinks one evening around 9 p.m. Both were very good, as well as the service. Another plus: the rooms are well-insulated. When we checked in and went up to our room (8th floor on the river side, beautiful view especially at night), we heard what sounded like a small party going on next door. Even with their door closed we could hear some shrieks of loud laughter and talking--uh oh! But once in our room we didn't hear any of it thankfully. Rooms are a decent size and there is plenty of counter space in the bathroom. The shower head is a nice rainshower type with an additional hand-held wand option. There are large, thick towels with a comfy robe for you to use (though only one). Last but not least, the golf course is phenomenal!
The negatives for us were the lack of southern charm in the customer service: I called around 2 p.m. to see if our room was ready for check in and the gal that answered seemed perturbed with the call/question. Nope, won't be ready until 4 due to high turnaround that day. We arrived at 4:15 and they still had to call to see if the room was ready. This was after we stood in the SPG preferred customer line which was considerably SLOWER than the regular line. There were no additional, small amenities in the room for being an SPG member; most other Westins and W hotels have had at the very least 2-3 complimentary water bottles. Finally, we ordered room service twice: once for breakfast and once for dinner during our 2-day stay. Both times the food was not appropriately hot/cold. The grits were room temperature (and lumpy) at breakfast and dinner, the ice creams we ordered at dinner were both more than half melted, and the breakfast eggs were far from hot. Because both meals came to $160 total, we found this to be the biggest disappointment of the stay.
In a nutshell, we will go back to play some golf but we didn't feel like a valued customer as a hotel guest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern charm meets modern luxury at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, in the heart of the historic Savannah River District. Savannah's premier resort is the prime location; not far from fantastic shopping and nightlife, but removed just enough for tranquility. Enjoy complimentary water ferry service to River Street, renovated guest rooms, meeting rooms and public spaces. The Resort is adjacent to International Trade and Convention Center, 20 min from the airport, 90-second ferry ride to River Street. Be well. Be Westin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Starwood and Odigeo so you can book your Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Hotel Savannah
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort And Spa
- Westin Savannah Harbor Hotel
- Westin Savannah Harbor Resort
- Savannah Westin