“Bad service”

Ranked #30 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Bad service”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

After tipping the female bellhop for bringing a few bags to the room we found crumpled dollar bills outside our room door. Didn't complain because of possible retribution. Obviously felt unwelcome at this point. Lobby bar had great service.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Purple685
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations. The events your describe are disturbing and we are investigating to find a resolution. We hope to welcome you back some day and restore your faith in our property.

Public Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
Atlanta
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I spent three nights in the hotel for a quick trip and anniversary celebration. We had a riverview room with a balcony (I don't think the golf course view would've been worth the extra cost) and the container ships passing by were an unbelievable show. Having the water taxi was great because we didn't have to worry about driving or parking. Be sure to take the schedule with you to reduce your waiting time. We didn't partake in the resort feautures (golf, pool, etc) because we were so busy on the Savannah side. I definiitely recommend asking for a room away from the elevators. There was a convention in the hotel and the noise from groups getting off the elevators lasted until early morning hours. We had room 1511 which was two rooms away from the elevator and it sounded like the people were in our bathroom! The service was good, but even though this is a very expensive hotel, don't expect a 'personalized' experience like the chain's W Hotel provides.

Room Tip: River view or river view with a balcony was worth extra cost. I don't think the golf course vie...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary H
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy that we were able to provide an overall positive and memorable experience. I greatly appreciate your your comments regarding our personalized service and will use them to improve. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My wife and I spent two evenings at the Westin Savannah Harbor last week. The room ( especially the bed) was very comfortable and the staff was friendly and efficient. The cost was maybe a bit high for the area but not completely out of line. We really enjoyed the golf course - great condition and challenging. I would recommend this hotel to others, especially if you plan to play golf.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly H
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted that we were able to provide a positive and comfortable experience--the Heavenly Beds are truly a dream. The team at The Club at Savannah Harbor will also be keen to hear that their efforts are appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had a great experience at this resort for the second time in two years. I attended a Troon Golf business Summit with other colleagues from the East Coast. The location is great to access great restaurants and shopping right across the river. The rooms were very comfortable and well attended by the housekeeping staff. Everyone from valet to front desk and housekeeping were wonderful. It is truly Southern Hospitality at it's best! Thank you to all the staff and especially Dana Schultz at the Country Club for making this an awesome networking and fun experience! You can't go wrong at this property!

Room Tip: The rooms aregreat that face the River. On the other side they face the golf course. You realy can...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RASlocum
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted that we were able to provide a positive and memorable experience filled with Southern Hospitality. Dana is a true asset to the team and will be elated to hear that her efforts are appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I came to Savannah to celebrate her 35th birthday. The hotel staff was warm, caring and very attentive to our needs. In fact, since it was my wife's b-day, the hotel provided us with a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries.

There was also an Oyster Roast and a great band playing live music in one of the conference rooms.

Overall, I couldn't have asked for anything more.. Wonderful hotel, Wonderful location, Wonderful staff!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Rick,

Thank you for sharing your comments and for sharing your special occasion with The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I delighted that you were able to enjoy the First Friday Sunset Party and a special amenity to celebrate the occasion! Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return and hopefully you can spend a little time in Aqua Star Seafood Kitchen and at our beautiful golf course.

Virginia
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Came for a medical conference. Stay started nicely being given a riverfront room. The room seemed nice but had a few issues. There were black marks on both bed's white comforters. There were things on the ground in the hallway on the 10th floor. One was a white wire hanger that I watch two staff members walk by and not pick up. It was in the hall for 24 hours. We ran out of toilet paper so I called the front desk. After ONE hour I called again and said I really needed some paper it showed up 10 mins later. I understand being busy but over an hour wait when you have to go to the bathroom is way too long especially since I told the lady I was totally out and really needed some. Room service young man was very nice. Sorry I can't remember his name. African American working around 8 pm on March 25. My internet code stopped working on March 29. I went to the front desk and there was nobody working I waited for a few minutes and then walked across the lobby to the concierge desk. A nice young man tried to assist me and we walked back over to the front desk. He opened the door on the side of the front desk and I could hear him talking to the front desk clerk that was sitting back there. She was absolutely no help at all and did not even offer to come out and assist me. He was very apologetic and told me to check back in an hour and my conference should have a new Internet code. However this was not his job and the person the front desk should've been doing. Overall I think the property is lacking in detail especially when it comes to picking up in the halls. It's not pleasant to have to walk past the same trash in the halls especially when you've seen staff that could very easily picked up these halls. And aside from the lady that checked me in the front desk I think the front desk staff is lacking especially whoever was working Saturday morning around 6:45 AM on March 29.

Room Tip: Riverfront room!!!
Green Features: Although the hotel did offer tonight have made service daily and reward you with either five dollars off this day or night or 500 points, three of the mornings we had a paper bag with a Starbucks cup and coffee filters delivered saying that they were green friendly.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I greatly appreciate your feedback in regard to Housekeeping, our Front Desk service and attention to detail. We will use your review to improve. We hope to welcome you back one day and restore your faith in our property.

Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Our family of 4 spent a few days enjoying Savannah and staying at the Westin during Spring Break. We enjoyed the convenience of the water taxi, the friendly,efficient staff, and of course, the beautiful hotel. We had a great time by the pool with excellent views of the city and enjoyed seeing the huge ships going up and down the river.

Room Tip: We had a golf course view room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Joy,

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated that you enjoyed the service, water ferry, pool and views. Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return.