“Lovely hotel...”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chapel Hill, NC
“Lovely hotel...”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This was a fabulous resort on Hutchinson Island, across the river from Savannah's downtown.
We got two double beds, instead of a king, but it was fine. Room service on Saturday morning came quick and the child's meal I ordered was excellent. The coffee maker with Starbucks coffee and small fridge was a great bonus. The shower had a drainage problem but was fixed within an hour of me calling someone. We were at the hotel with 600 others and the banquet food was very good. There was free parking on site, which was a plus. The bellmen Sunday morning at check-out were slow/overwhelmed. I ended up making two trips, taking my own bags down...on the third trip back up, I stole a bellman at the valet stand. Overall, it was a great stay and I would go back. My room on the 11th floor had a nice view of the golf course and I could see my parked car. I especially liked the key card swipe system rather than having to put the key inside the door.
It can be extremely windy and sunny sitting outside the hotel on the side of the river....be sure to have sunglasses and hats/hair bows. If you need snacks, bring them with you. I found the gift shop to have limited and very small packages of items (chips, nuts).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy that your overall experience was positive and that you were able to enjoy some of our culinary offerings. We will use your comments regarding our service to improve. We hope to welcome you back upon returning to Savannah.

Public Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (687)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is such a nice place to stay. So pretty, comfortable, and away but accessible to the hustle of Savannah. I like to taking the ferry over to savannah, and the rooms had really wonderful views. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: the first room we got on the 3rd floor was horrible! it was in the back by a big industrial fan. We...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy to hear that we were able to make a positive and comfortable experience for you. I like to say that we are not far from fantastic shopping and nightlife, but removed just enough for tranquility. Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to our lovely city.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Rooms face either the golf course or the river and downtown Savannah. Get a waterfront room as the river traffic is constant but so interesting. Huge tankers pass by all day and night but it was so interesting to watch them. The free ferry takes you quickly across the river to two stops downtown. We were staying at the hotel with a large group. Unfortunately, the main restaurant closed at 10 and the only place to eat (other than room service) was in the bar which was too small for the crowd. The food was brought from the second floor so it wasn't hot at all. Staff also seemed overworked in both the restaurant and in the bar. (Our group wasn't the only large group on the property during our stay.) The pool area was visually very inviting. Everyone really seemed to be trying but I think staff may have been tired. The room was comfortable. My Heavenly Bed didn't seem as heavenly as at other Westin hotels. The 2.6 mile walk around the property (past the spa and clubhouse) was an exhilarating way to start the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverview on a higher floor.
Green Features: We chose the "green" option which meant our room was cleaned upon request. In exchange, we got two $5 vouchers (good in the restaurants), a coffee packet and a bottle of water each day.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted to hear that we were able to make such a positive and memorable impression. I appreciate your comments in regard to staffing levels and will use your comments to improve. The ferry and the views are two of my favorite features as well. Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to our lovely city.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

It was a booked house this week but the hotel did a great job with an easy transition of setting us up. Checking in ran very smooth and the bellhop service was a wonderful addition! The room was wonderful with its view of the river. We just loved the water taxi. We had the enjoyment of visiting downtown and learned so much about the history of Savannah. This hotel is spectacular and we will be back to visit in the future!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank TheTruthHasBeenTold
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated to hear that we were able to make such a positive and memorable Five Star Experience. The ferry and the views are two of my favorite features as well. Please find us on social media to learn of upcoming events and promotions for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to our lovely city.

Sanford, Florida
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I booked a room on the top floor with views of the downtown and a balcony and wow! What a beautiful view of Savannah and the downtown area. Ferry was quick to take us across the river. The room was great, clean and met our expectations. We headed off to the Westin at Hilton Head the day after and that was great also. The Westin chain has always been impressive.

Only negative was the resort fee. I never used any of the amenities and the pool seemed inadequate for how large the hotel was. Self parking was a little far away, but not too bad.

Room Tip: High floor balcony is worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated that we were able to provide a positive and memorable experience accented by the glorious views of the Savannah River and River Street. I appreciate your comments regarding the Resort Fee and we will use your input to improve. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

After tipping the female bellhop for bringing a few bags to the room we found crumpled dollar bills outside our room door. Didn't complain because of possible retribution. Obviously felt unwelcome at this point. Lobby bar had great service.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Purple685
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations. The events your describe are disturbing and we are investigating to find a resolution. We hope to welcome you back some day and restore your faith in our property.

Atlanta
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I spent three nights in the hotel for a quick trip and anniversary celebration. We had a riverview room with a balcony (I don't think the golf course view would've been worth the extra cost) and the container ships passing by were an unbelievable show. Having the water taxi was great because we didn't have to worry about driving or parking. Be sure to take the schedule with you to reduce your waiting time. We didn't partake in the resort feautures (golf, pool, etc) because we were so busy on the Savannah side. I definiitely recommend asking for a room away from the elevators. There was a convention in the hotel and the noise from groups getting off the elevators lasted until early morning hours. We had room 1511 which was two rooms away from the elevator and it sounded like the people were in our bathroom! The service was good, but even though this is a very expensive hotel, don't expect a 'personalized' experience like the chain's W Hotel provides.

Room Tip: River view or river view with a balcony was worth extra cost. I don't think the golf course vie...
1 Thank Mary H
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy that we were able to provide an overall positive and memorable experience. I greatly appreciate your your comments regarding our personalized service and will use them to improve. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Savannah.