We arrived on the 27th of December for a stay that included New Year's Eve. It was a family trip which included our small dog so we chose this pet friendly resort in the middle of the island on the river overlooking downtown Savannah, for its proximity (free ferry across the river to City Hall landing), acceptance of dogs, and comfort for our elderly moms with whom we were travelling. It was a most accommodating stay. When we arrived in the evening, the hotel was buzzing with holiday activity, and the rooms we had requested, side by side on a high floor overlooking the city, were not ready yet. While we waited, we took in the extensive gingerbread village and comfortably settled in the ample lobby couches. For our trouble, they comped us with breakfast vouchers for the family (party of 5) which we had paid for already with our reservation, so that reduced our bill substantially.
The Breakfast service itself was quite abundant-- more like brunch, really, with omelette and waffle stations, and all manner of fresh fruit, juices, bakery items, breads, smoked salmon, and gave us plenty of sustenance to skip lunch and go instead for early dinner at some of Savannah's wonderful restaurants. We did have dinner at the Hotel restaurant on 2 occasions, and enjoyed the same level of friendly service as we did at brunch each day.
They had also presented us with drink vouchers for cocktails each night at the lobby-side bar, which is actually a Starbucks by day/Bar by night). We had forgotten about these , so as we were checking out, they told us we could exchange them for snacks from Starbucks which were a welcome addition to our continued car trip.
This attentiveness, together with the excellent vantage point of the river and charming city view, the great brunch fare, -- and the famous Heavenly Beds, made this a truly wonderful stay. Note that they will not come in for housekeeping if the dog is alone in the room, but since ours came everywhere with us that was not a problem. Will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern charm meets modern luxury at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, in the heart of the historic Savannah River District. Savannah's premier resort is the prime location; not far from fantastic shopping and nightlife, but removed just enough for tranquility. Enjoy complimentary water ferry service to River Street, renovated guest rooms, meeting rooms and public spaces. The Resort is adjacent to International Trade and Convention Center, 20 min from the airport, 90-second ferry ride to River Street. Be well. Be Westin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort And Spa
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Hotel Savannah
- Westin Savannah Harbor Hotel
- Westin Savannah Harbor Resort
- Savannah Westin