“Very nice stay!”

Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #31 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The hotel is very nice, and only a short ferry ride across the river from downtown Savannah. The restaurants were a bit overwhelmed with a convention group. I like Westin properties and was not disappointed.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jkred
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy that your overall experience was positive and did not disappoint. We strive for excellence in our culinary creations and we will use your comments to improve services. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah.

Public Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,075)

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

First off - it is a nice hotel - rooms are fine it has a good pool and a nice spa/fitness area (even though it is a 5-10 minute walk away down the street).

Now the bad - the service here is terrible. I'm an SPG gold member and they told me they couldn't upgrade me to a preferred room, but then they upgraded my buddy who checked in after me who isn't even an SPG member! As I'm sat here by the pool I have had to ask four times to order food and drinks (each time I went up to the bar they told me they would take the order at my lounger) and then waited almost an hour for my order, which came without the drinks. The whole ordeal lasted almost two hours. Crazy. Such a shame as this could be an amazing hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations and we will use your feedback to improve. We strive for excellence in our culinary service and your comments are troubling indeed. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah and restore your faith in our property.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

There is no one managing this hotel! There is no one accountable for mistakes. I stayed here for four nights. Westin reservation and the hotel reservation staff mixed up my two room reservation resulting in "hours" of face to face contact; losing a room for one night, moving to new rooms the second night with the second room never cleaned till 8pm! even though they gave me the key to a dirty room at 4pm. the cleaning staff had literally quit leaving supplies in room and bed, sheets etc undone. the manager was "busy working the front desk" and had no time to address this. I was to be compensated on my bill which did not happen . And now have talked to another manager who was to correct bill, but of course no follow thru or resolution.Tthere's a different manager every day and shift. I will have to have my credit card co. handle it. I have traveled all over the world and stayed at places a fraction of the cost of this hotel and have never had such problems. Also long lines to check in and out and everyone complaining.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank BostonGilligan

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that our we were unable to meet your service expectations and reservations requests. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah and restore your faith in our property.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is nice but not as nice as the one in Hilton Head. If you are debating between the two, go with the Hilton Head hotel.
Check in time is 4:00 p.m.. We did not get a room until after 4:30. We had traveled several hours to get there so an additional wait was a little frustrating. The lobby was full of annoyed guests waiting to check in. There was a conference but that should not be an excuse since they have conventions on a regular basis. I was on my phone looking at other available hotels when they called to inform me that our room was ready. There was no apology or mention of the inconvenience. Normally I am not uptight about issues like this but I found the attendants to be abrupt and acted as if my inquiries (only twice....and appropriately spread out in time) were a nuisance. I did not think they handled the backlog of guest in a professional manner, especially since we were paying them to stay there. Other guests were complaining and grumbling too.
The restaurant on the 2nd floor is very nice (beautiful view!) and the food is delicious! I highly recommend it.
Overall, we had a nice time. The hotel was nice but it did not leave us impressed. Your can stay in other hotels better customer service.

Room Tip: Riverfront is beautiful!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank delilah_raine

Dear Delilah,

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that we were not able to meet your check-in expectations and we will use your comments to improve. We strive for excellence in our culinary creations and we are happy you found it delicious. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This review is specific to Cassandra Peisel at the Conierge at the Resort. When we arrived we had to immediately use the Business office internet to complete a transaction in Virginia. We were not able to make a connection with our email server and had to ask for help. While we were waiting for the offsite manager to help with the connection, Cassandra Peisel just happened by and asked if we needed help. She stayed with us until we were able to get online, make the connection, print copies and ensure all was well. We would not have been able to make the deadline without her. The entire Business office was involved, but Cassandra stayed by our sides with on hands help. She is the BEST. We were able to enjoy the rest of our stay because of her. Thank you, Cassandra

Room Tip: We had a view of the river, which was nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy D

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated that Cassandra was able to provide a such a wonderful impression. She is truly an asset to the team and will be delighted to know that her efforts are appreciated. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I booked this room for 2 nights. I wanted to golf but was concerned about the location. First, the hotel is fantastic. The golf was great! The food at the restaurants were pub type food--definitely good for the lunches I had. But, the great thing was the ferry that ran to downtown Savannah. I didn't know this existed when I booked. I would definitely stay here again if I came to Savannah. I have to agree with the others. Stay on the river side, or at least use the fantastic pool. You can watch all of the ships traversing the channel. Very fun!

Room Tip: Book on the river side!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank flade

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am elated that our property was able to make your stay special. We strive for excellence on our golf course at The Club and we are happy you found a great experience. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had a room with a small balcony on the river side which offered a nice view. The rooms are showing their age but are still comfortable. I had a room with 2 double beds and one was better than the other for sleeping. The gym is down the street from the hotel and is a pain in the morning. I borrowed a bike to ride over there. They could use some lighting and security at that building. The pool is vey nice and was a good place to relax. The restaurant employees always seemed overwhelmed and the waits were long for everything.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy that our you enjoyed a comfortable stay. I appreciate your feedback in regard to the Westin WORKOUT Fitness Studio and security--we will use your review to improve. We hope to welcome you back upon your return to Savannah.