Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
East Bay Inn(Savannah)
  • Pool
  • Pool
2,150 results
All reviewsacross the riverfree ferryresort feeaqua starferry rideferry servicemidnight sunwater ferryriver streetconvention centerheavenly bedbeautiful resortruns every minuteshutchinson islanda river view roomhigh floorself parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here because I had a 4 day convention I had to attend. The property itself was nice and having the convention center next door was great. There is also a ferry that will take you across the river to River St. at no charge. However, that's where anything good I have to say ends. The rooms were way overpriced for what you get. Heck, I've stayed at chain hotels that were nicer and cheaper. The room had a musty smell. You had to hold the toilet handle down for a period of time in order for it to flush. The refrigerator was not cold and never got cold enough in the 5 days we were there. I kept getting kicked off of the WiFi and I had to sign in everyday. And to top it off we still had classes to attend in the morning on our last day there and housekeeping came in at 9 am and said we had to get I out! It wasn't even checkout time yet! I was in class when this happened and one of my coworkers had to go in and get all my stuff and wait for me in the lobby. I know this resort has gotten a lot of good reviews, but I was not impressed.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for bringing these items to our attention and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. I apologize that we were unable to meet your rooms and Housekeeping expectations. We should have employed more personal service and attentive action to satisfy your needs. Your comment about our Housekeeper is most disturbing and unacceptable. Please contact me at david.moses@westin.com so that I may investigate further. I have forwarded your comments to our Directors of Front Office, Engineering & Housekeeping--we will use your comments to improve. We hope to welcome you back one day to restore your faith in our property.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

The staff here is wonderful! From making the reservation to checking in/out, to interacting with the pool/concierge/bell staff, even to calling a few days after our stay with a question about the bill (a positive, not negative, question), everyone was sincerely friendly and helpful. Paige, who checked us in, remembered me by name the next day and remembered that we were celebrating our honeymoon. Every part of the hotel we experienced was clean. The bed was super comfortable and the shower was, as they say, "heavenly". Although I was hesitant at first to stay across the river, it was very easy and quick to take the ferry to downtown, and I ended up being grateful that we were staying away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. The pool area was as wonderful as the pictures show. I would absolutely stay here again. Probably the best hotel experience I have ever had.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
WestinDave, Public Relations Manager at Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for sharing your experiences and for choosing The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. Paige is certainly an asset to the team and will be delighted to hear that you had such a positive and memorable stay. We strive to provide best hotel experiences for each guest and we look forward to providing similar service on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

This is the only place you should stay if you need to be at the convention center. If you stay in town and across the river (while that is close to restaurants and Savannah proper) you risk being at the mercy of the water taxis. This is also a great family hotel, the golf course and green fee was amazing. The pool nicely situated. They had a full service concierge that can arrange anything from airport transfer to private taxi to Hilton Head and you can hangout at the Westin on the beach. I would stay here again. One downside was the food was just ok. Typical hotel fare. For that we took the water taxi across the river.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Stella,

Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing the The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa to celebrate your special occasion. We are convenient to the Trade Center and also not far from fabulous shopping and nightlife. Our new Executive Chef plans to change much of the menus and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Savannah to experiences the new fare.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My wife and I nabbed a great last minute deal at the Westin for our 30th anniversary. What a great hotel! Upscale, well-maintained, friendly service, and clean. It's a nice way to be close to the action of downtown, but far enough away for a quiet stay. Here's some tips: Ask for a river view on an upper floor. Watching massive cargo ships pass by is really interesting. If you plan on spending time downtown, take the free ferry which departs about every 20 minutes. The ferry goes to one end of the river walk and then goes to the other end before returning to the Westin. Once there you can walk pretty much anywhere. As for parking, the hotel rate usually includes self-parking in a gated area. You'll need your room key for access/exit. There are complimentary bikes available to explore the area. With the exception of the hotel restaurants, there are none on that side of the river. Not really an issue for us though.

Room Tip: Upper floors facing the river
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Darrell,

Thank you for sharing your Five Star review and for choosing the The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa to celebrate your special occasion. The river view rooms are stunning indeed. Thank you again for sharing your positive experience and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Savannah.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My wife and I decided to visit Savannah for the first time as a mini-vacation and stayed our first couple of days at a house we found on AirBnB (was a pretty good experience at a very reasonable price), but were really glad we spent the last few days at this resort. My wife used her SPG points to book the room, and we ended up getting a room on the top floor with a balcony that faced the harbor, and I must say, it's hard to get a better view than that of Savannah. We've stayed at many other Starwood hotels before, and the room itself was of the high quality standards that we would've expected from a Westin. The hotel bar and restaurant were all nice (the seafood pot pie at Aqua Star is a must try!) and the service there was friendly. The hotel has its own free ferry that leaves frequently for the Savannah river front, so it makes logistics easy for patrons visiting the main parts of the city.

The BEST part of our stay there was definitely the Athletic / Spa facilities. At first, we thought it was odd that the gym and spa were separate from the hotel itself (you have to walk a few minutes down the street or take a shuttle), but once we got there, my wife got a great manicure/pedicure, and I ended up playing tennis with one of the staff members there (Mike, he's awesome!), who offered to play since the tennis courts (which were pristine) seemed seldom used. He even lent the rackets and tennis balls at no charge. I spent a bit of time after tennis at the bar and all I can say is, overall, the staff there seemed happy and genuinely friendly to everyone.

The hotel and resort were already nice amenities at a beautiful location, but the service itself and the staff really made this experience quite memorable. Thank you!

Room Tip: If you're able to book a room facing the Savannah Harbor, you'll get a great view of the harbor, the nightlife, and the city of Savannah.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear George,

Thank you for sharing your Five Star review and for choosing to spend your 13 days away from home with The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. The view from our top floors is truly stunning indeed. However, the service you and your wife received at The Club at Savannah Harbor and the Heavenly Spa by Westin is a more beautiful example of our Associates going the extra step to provide stellar service memories. The entire staff looks forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Savannah.