“Excellent tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bonaventure Cemetery Journeys with Shannon Scott
Ranked #10 of 140 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tour the South's most illustrious, Victorian Cemetery with 25 year, resident storyteller, Shannon Scott! Herein rests poets, songwriters, actors, artists, industrialists, duellists, Confederates, and every life story under one sunny cemetery! See Little Gracie, Johnny Mercer, Conrad Aiken, Noble Jones and more! Fans of "Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil?" Get close to the characters! Even better, a significant portion of your ticket goes directly to Bonaventure Cemetery's preservation! Talk about a personal & impacting day out! Historic District Hotel Transportation Available!
Weston, Florida, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I took this tour in june 2014. We loved it! Shannon is chock full of Savannah history and gossip and makes beautiful Bonaventure Cemetery come alive. Well worth it!

1 Thank Cristina D

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the admission.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Shannon the guide is entertaining, soulful, passionate about the stories and lives linked to Bonaventure. The place is beautiful and moving. Bring your camera! Hat, WATER and closed shoes (there are ants). Would do it again.

Visited June 2014
“A very informative tour!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were in Savannah for a long weekend and based on the other TripAdvisor reviews, we booked Shannon's tour for a sultry Saturday morning tour. Let me say this, he certainly knows his history. Shannon was incredibly informative and had some really great stories regarding the cemetery and it's residents. So much so that our two hour tour took three hours to complete. The stories, however, were very fun and sometimes tragic, so the time flew by. You will definitely learn something on this tour and I would absolutely recommend it with highest regards. Shannon was great, and it's really nice to see someone who enjoys his work the way he does. It also doesn't hurt that the cemetery itself is as beautiful as it is. Book it, you will not be disappointed.

Marysville, Ohio
“Best tour ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was the best tour of any I've taken. Shannon is extremely passionate and knowledgeable on all things Bonaventure as well as Savannah. The fact that he is rather easy on the eyes is just a bonus! Highly recommend this tour, you will not be disappointed. Bring comfy walking shoes and water along.

Atlanta, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best Tour EVER, bar none!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My sister & I took Shannon Scott's Bonaventure Tour a couple of days ago & we cannot stop talking about the many things he taught us. Shannon has a very rare ability to share stories, taking you back into any era & weave stories together that inspire you to think about, imagine, debate & discuss them endlessly after the tour ends.
He fascinates, tantalizes, challenges & teaches in such a manner that one feels as though you are sitting down with a friend, completely captivated by his stories about the intriguing friends/family in his life...which only ends up whetting your appetite to learn much, much more! He is an amazingly talented historian, researcher, teacher & storyteller.
The very highest compliment one can ever receive is for people to 'pay it forward' by passing all that we learn on to others & refer everyone we meet to take Shannon Scott's tour- which is exactly what we will continue to do. I will definitely take Shannon's tour (& hopefully partake in the after hours dinner event) every single time I am in Savannah- I have a feeling his knowledge/story is an endless, fascinating, wonderful adventure that will teach me something new every single time! This is by far the most phenomenal tour I have ever experienced in Savannah.