“Fantastic way to spend a morning in Savannah area”

Bonaventure Cemetery Journeys w/ Shannon Scott
Bonaventure Cemetery After Hours Tour
Ranked #8 of 145 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tour the South's most illustrious, Victorian Cemetery with 29 year, resident storyteller, Shannon Scott or one of his other premium story hosts! Bonaventure is home to poets, songwriters, actors, artists, industrialists, duelists, Confederates, and every life story under one sunny cemetery! Fans of Secret Societies like The Freemasons won't be disappointed either as Bonaventure is imprinted everywhere with their emblems! See Little Gracie, Johnny Mercer, Conrad Aiken, Noble Jones and more! Fans of "Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil?" Get close to the characters! Talk about a personal & impacting day out! Inquire about Historic District Hotel Transportation!
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Went on tour last week of June 2014. Shannon is an excellent storyteller, with much detail about the lives of people buried in Bonaventure Cemetery. Great stories, tragic endings, family dramas, area history, gorgeous sculptures….This tour has it all! (Seriously, though, bring water…it is hot in Savannah in the summer!)

There are newer reviews for Bonaventure Cemetery Journeys w/ Shannon Scott

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Fascinating tour, very respectful, and so interesting... Mr. Shannon Scott is a wonderful story teller. He paints the history of Bonaventure Cemetery and the life stories of those buried there in a way that sticks in your mind. The cemetery contains so many magnificent monument statues and such breathtaking nature that in itself it is an experience to see. Add to that the stories and insights that Mr. Scott shares and this tour was really worthwhile, unique and memorable.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Put off the re-enactors or the vehicle-drivers, first listen to a master storyteller in his element. I not only learned a lot, but was intrigued by the mystery of that which we cannot explain. I have only lived here for less than a year and took my visiting brother and his family on a tour with Shannon on July 4th weekend. Despite the torrential Savannah rain shower, he enthralled all of us (ages 10 to 55). Shannon pieces together the connections between us all - both living and dead - and wraps the mystery that is Savannah into an entertaining package that is well worth your time and money. Like anything in travel, you must go beyond the glitter and seek that which is authentic in a place. You'll find it here in Bonaventure with Shannon Scott. Your time in Savannah will be enriched beyond measure.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Below is a copy of the email I sent to Mr. Scott summarizing my experience in trying to secure a tour with him that never materialized. I purchased the 'After Dark Tour' from Living Social that promised to tell you of the cemetery's 'spooky past' yet when asked Mr. Scott told me that he was not allowed to talk about ghosts or hauntings on his tour. Over all it was a very disappointing experience and we never got to go on the tour.

We were very much looking forward to this tour. We decided last summer on our first visit to Savannah and Bonaventure that we wanted to come back. When we saw the after hours tour it was very exciting. Then when we found it on Living Social it was even better.

The Living Social voucher mentioned making reservations at least one week in advance. I sent my initial email to the email address suggested on the voucher two weeks before the intended tour date and got no response. So I called the phone number on the voucher four days later only to be directed to a different email. I forwarded my original email to the new address with still no response, even though I specifically asked for one in the email.

Five days later I got your one line email simply asking for my phone number. I replied with in 30 minutes and offered times I would be available and still received no call. Three days passed and after not hearing anything I emailed again asking if everything was ok with the reservation only to be told no.

As I mentioned in my original and follow up emails - this tour was part of our planning because we are renting Saturday to Saturday. We made plans to leave early in the morning and travel directly to Bonaventure to arrive on time for the tour. Additionally, we made special arrangements with our rental for a late check in so we could check in after the tour.

I do not know how many patrons you require to do your tour - but these four are certainly disappointed. I will be contacting Living Social for a refund and really would not feel comfortable recommending this tour to anyone else.

6  Thank Billy G
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was a very informative and entertaining tour. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to learn about some of Savannah's most prominent families.